The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

No player housing
It is my understanding from speaking with others that even after grunstship you aren't allowed to apply for a house. I think this is probably a good idea so the GM's are swamped with building, and the server piles up with unused or abandoned houses; however, I was RPing earlier in Feralas, making a cave there my IC home, it worked fine once we could be moved to phase two, so the monsters wouldn't attack us and it could be used as a RP home.

My question is rather simple since we aren't allotted player housing, could we have the command to enter phase 1 and 2, that way we can claim a house IG without having to kill re-spawning NPCS. That is my favor to ask, feel free to point out why it wont work, but I think it is a good solution to none player housing.

Thanks so much for your time and help

Best regards
Amore
We would rather not give the players the phase commands, some of the main points being that it could be abused to get the explorer title without having to deal with mobs, or specifically using the command to avoid mobs that may exist in an area ICly. As well many Gms spawn creature for their events in phase 2, and being able to access that phase may mess with that.
GMs are allowed to shift between phases, so it is possible.

However, there are two problems with your idea:

First, abuse. Shifting through phases would allow you to move through mobs to more easily attain gold and weaponry. Now, this is a minor concern, but still something we take into account when we shift phases.

Secondly, improbable locations. If one were allowed to phase on their own they would be capable of playing in locations that are otherwise inaccessible for a reason, such as rival faction cities and settlements.

The OOC teleporter has a number of emptied locations that can represent homes, from caves to castles and anything in between. Best to use those! However, if you find a location that is perfect and it is deemed a valuable addition to the server/popular enough to merit it, it will sometimes be emptied for use.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
I see your points, but what if IC you have cleared the area as your domicile are special circumstances permitted? As in tell them or show them the RP of cleansing the cave per say, and then have the NPCs removed from it?
Normally we do not allow what is called 'Conquest RP' which is as you've described, going in and cleaning an area of it's mobs. It presents a number of issues for those wanting to quest and such.
h no it's not a major area or anything most people would never know it is there, they are caverns hidden among feralas. I would be more than willing to show someone IG what I mean :)
Even if it's not a major area, we simply do not want to deal with the hassle of shifting mobs about.
I respect your decision, but honorably must disagree, .npc delete is a simple enough command, especially when the NPC's there never come into any version of main-line RP other than the want of the cave for a druids home watching the Dire Maul.

I do not however want special treatment, so thank you for your time.
It's the stance of the server's administration that we try and keep the server as 'Blizz-like' as possible while still maintaining its capacity for role-playing. This involves keeping most mobs, useless or otherwise.

Even a useless mob can be useful for farming or provide a much-needed item.
I suppose I thought since it was RP, and we have add rpitem; all that mattered was the RP gear, not what you loot off of corpses, that was my misunderstanding apparently and I apologies. I wasn't aware it was a heavy PvE server as well.
Some people just want the non-RP item if they can help it, just for funsies. And for Death Knights, they can't runeforge an RP no-stat item. No-stat items can't be enchanted, either, and some want a weapon with a little bit of flash to them. Otherwise, it's not necessarily a heavy PvE server.
Characters
------------
Spoiler:
Mika Mistwalker
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." ~James Baldwin

Miruka Moonshroud
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Belaria Arrowthorn
"Few love to hear the sins they love to act." ~William Shakespeare

Sylir Manasworn
"Everything is perfect in the universe, even your desire to improve it." ~Wayne Dyer

Nana'li Flametongue
"There is only one passion, the passion for happiness." ~Denis Diderot

Calanon Sunfeather
"Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor." ~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Amabael of the Frozen Wind
"Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last." ~Samuel Johnson

Nia Sunstone
"Duty cannot exist without faith." ~Benjamin Disraeli

Arilyn Shadewhisper
"Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death." ~Jean Jacques Rousseau

Gwyneira Porter
"Death is the veil which those who live call life; They sleep, and it is lifted." ~Percy Bysshe Shelley

Ishani
"Peace if possible, but truth at any rate." ~Martin Luther

Azure Palenix
"I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic's heart." ~William Butler Yeats
It's actually not a heavy PvE server, though we want to leave as much as possible in place as we can so people can still do quests, grind for materials and money and the like. It gives people something to do when they're not RPing, for instance, and since stat'ed items aren't available in GM-made vendors for the most part, you may have to run out and get them yourself in instances or dungeons.

Then again, many instances exist as uninstanced, so RP is possible in said areas. Zul'<insert name here> for example. I believe there are two Zul' areas, so... I'm not sure and I can't double-check, so I'd rather not put down the wrong name...

If it's a virtually useless mob, in the future, you can send in a request to the GMs about removing it and we'll make an evaluation and come to a decision. In general, though, we try to avoid it as much as possible (unless it's an area that can be beneficial for many players to be able to access). If it's a location that would largely only benefit a single player or a smaller group before it's abandoned, we're not likely to step in to clean it out.
It's also worth noting that there are many locations such as houses and the like which have been spawned and are accessible to players for use as a home, though that isn't -exactly- the predicament you are asking about. Players can have homes for their characters and RP in them, but these things work on a first come first serve basis, and you can't permanently claim anything. So if someone is in a house you can't shoo them and say it is exclusively yours.

Just to note!
From what I've read, I got to the conclusion that you're allowed to have your own home to RP in it, but it must not affect any "blizz-like" quest, place or server/blizz lore etc.

But a random home I guess that it can be spawned in Elwynn or Durotar for RP. Not a big one, but a medium sized one yes, after a request though. Also this home won't even trouble the flow of any questline if it's somewhere that it doesn't need npc removal (in a flat place, or a "forgotten" mountain-side) while it's just a small "edit" of the area. It's like moving a tree from X place to X place, not a big matter.

Though GMs must be strict to the decision of giving out a home for a player and see his background / RP style/ Activity etc..

But why you need homes while Inns are everywhere?
[Image: iyn1uq.jpg]
Made by me ^^
Some people are entitled to be stupid, but some are abusing the priviledge
We actually don't give homes to players. There are empty houses in different areas, but we aren't going to say it is your's. So if someone else is rping in the place, we aren't saying they need to leave because you tend to rp there.

No idea if that makes sense...sleep, I need it.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Player Blogs Dilly 61 10,628 08-30-2013, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Dilly
  Housing! Aqueiam 23 3,185 11-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Secrettom