The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Northrend?
Rensin Wrote:No, seriously, it's a bannable offense. I don't care if you say it's harsh word, that's rediculous that people are making thousands of gold from this and haven't said a word till today.
He brings a good point.
"Wow, I didn't realize it was so easy to smuggle drugs into this country, we made tons of money, let's do it again while no one knows!" "Uh...."
[Image: badge.jpg]
Huh, I guess I am what my main is. o.O
Touchseed Wrote:Not trying to start up any type of a debate, but I'm not seeing a terrible problem with that. Exploitation is a harsh word, but this is an RP server and our main purpose is role-playing, and being able to handle some tough mobs for gold or items that can benefit our purpose seems like a plus to me. I don't condone of exploiting a game in a competitive setting, but I think this particular backdoor does no harm. Or, hasn't done any harm that I can see. I've never been to Northrend on any of my characters so I'm taking an objective point of a view.

From the Wiki:

Quote: Exploitation

Exploiting server bugs for personal gain (including, but not limited to, buying items that are glitched and have no buy price, then selling them to a vendor for gold) is a serious offense, and can lead up to and include banning. Please report any you may come across.

In addition, this also includes abusing the FFA PvP flag.

Rule #12. Which you agreed to the moment you created a game account. It also specifically addresses gold exploits, I don't know why anyone would think that this one is somehow alright while doing the buy/sell game is not.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I thought GMs already knew about the bugged mobs in the northern area. I kind of got to split my views here, its true that this is a roleplaying server and most low levels up there were getting the gold for... obviously rp gear. I dont see anything wrong with that, though it is explotation aswell since the mobs are bugged.
Who Loves Orange Soda?
So, you guys thought we knew that you could kill a mob in Northrend with one shot on a level thirty?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Don't assume the GM's know everything. Even if someone says they have reported it. Report it yourself, maybe there will be more then one needed report. But some people say things they don't do. Keep in-mind of rule 12. Don't exploit the game.. Just learn from this experiance, I hope we all have. Though I still havn't been there and probably won't go there untill it is RP ready.
I actually heard a few people talking about it in front of a few GMs the other day.

Not that any of it is right, but still.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
It probably wasn't anything as eyecatching as talking about killing mobs there with a level thirty, and one shotting them.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I didn't even know anyone under level 70's could get up there. I thought it was just like retail in the sense but.../shrug
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
You can get to Northrend at any level on retail too.
Hatchi: Your story is boring me. Don't worry, I'll add some excitement.
But killing mobs is another story.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I'm glad that this issue was brought up.

I can understand the logic as to why people would want to grind out quick gold from easy mobs, that aspect is self-explanitory. However, there are two sides to this.

From the side of the average plebian:
It's a very sticks-and-stones economy, with no encouragement to use the auction house. Players are left to fend for scraps with what is dropped from mobs by random chance. Yes, I used "economy" on a server where its peak times never surpass anything larger than a 25-man raid with a poor-attendance rate.

I would normally encourage this kind of monetary injection into the economy. However; the money obtained is quickly sunk away back to the vendors, because instead of being used productively; it is being squandered away to vanity flying mounts. Before Northrend was acknowledged to indeed be working; grinding had to be done by grinding rare mobs; where already the playerbase mostly consists of level 80 characters, with level 35-50 gear average; and only able to really afford spells up to level 50 equivalent. (Synopsis: A party of 80's would struggle with Maraudon for crying out loud.)

Ultimately, I am indifferent as to the concept of gold - money has no bearing on me beyond the bare essentials being able to play effectively. (Such as being useful for instance runs to help people obtain RP gear by being able to afford spells that heal a level 80 for more than 400 HP.)

This server direly needs a better means to make money - exploitation isn't an option worth considering, but as it currently is; people will be spending all of their time grinding their hearts away in Northrend for the phat lootz and epic flying Hummers. If I wanted to be met with rebuke for seeking RP, while everyone is busy in Northrend, I could just go back to retail for the same kind of disappointment. At least here, I wouldn't have to pay for it.

Just my 2 coppers.
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=0][th=4]Character Information[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Affiliation[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][td=1,]Title[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Ivy Killinger[/td][td=1,]The Lodestone Company[/td][td=1,]Inebriated[/td][td=1,]Drunken Fightin' Wench[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Uulari[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Seer[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Vyrsallia Scythefall[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Guttersnipe and Ne'erdowell[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]
[Image: badge.jpg]
I'm a Shaman? Really? Huh.
The best mobs to farm off of (that I'm aware of anyway) are normal mobs with normal HP. That's how me and the majority of players I know have been getting their gold from, in a non-exploiting manner.

I admit to killing 1 hp mobs when I first came into contact with them, and for that I apologize. I just didn't think and I'm sorry it happened. However, I know of no one getting thousands of gold from the loot they got from those mobs.

I just wanted to come clean as well as hopefully clarify the situation a bit.
'O happy race of men
If Love who rules the sky
Could rule your hearts as well!' ~ Boethius
Though I respect all the input here, I don't really see two sides here. Explotation is against the rules. It is rule twelve. I don't think it matters to the GM's if you make two gold or two hundred gold. It should have been reported when -you- found out. But the only things I heard being passed on was word that there was a bug that could get you max money with minimum damage. That is definatly not ok.

Hinbane, it is always good to come clean. Even if there is, or isn't reprocussions for this incident. Just remember for the future, Even if you hear it from another player. Don't assume anyone has said anything to a GM. Just report it yourself.

Now, About that auction thing. Pre-WotLK we had that auctioneer that supplied items for the auction house. I am sure once a 3x version is released that Kretol will grab it. Even if people don't put things into the auction house. If I have free time I just run people through instances that I can solo, or grab a few more level eighties if I need help.
Kaelvan Wrote:Hinbane, it is always good to come clean. Even if there is, or isn't reprocussions for this incident. Just remember for the future, Even if you hear it from another player. Don't assume anyone has said anything to a GM. Just report it yourself.

The reason I did not report it was because Kaghuros had spent time grinding up there himself. I therefore assumed that he knew about the mobs.

Still, I will make sure to report something when I witness it with my own eyes.
'O happy race of men
If Love who rules the sky
Could rule your hearts as well!' ~ Boethius
Normal HP mobs are not the problem. It's fine to grind off a normal mob, it's -not- fine to use the low HP ones to your advantage.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brilliance! (Northrend related :B) muhaha8 5 1,358 11-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Last Post: muhaha8
  More Northrend Roleplay! Rikhard 10 2,074 05-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Last Post: anji