The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Northrend?
Hehe, well, good luck working that out. XD
[Image: Signature.png]
Welp, I'm just going to give my views on this before it HOPEFULLY gets buried deep under the sea and dug up 10,000 years later where we'll be all long and gone. ;)

To be honest, I'm a bit dissapointed in the GMs. The fact that someone has eventually, ended up leaving the server because of something positive is just... well, ridiculous.

Think of it as this. Say for example your local milkman gives you an extra bottle for free, or that nice old lady from across the street gives you a pie, are you going to decline it? No. You're not are you? It's a nice gesture, it's convinient, and most important of all, no harm is coming from this. Right?

This is basically the same thing. Although people should focus more on RPing than the gear etc, it IS nice to have some spare cash for skills, items, mounts, whatever. But look at it from another angle... We've basically been given a lucky hand-- infact, we've been given an OPPURTUNITY, to HELP other people who are in need of assistance of skills, whatever. Along with giving ourselves a boost.

And another point, some people (not just GMs), are being so hypocritical it's unreal. If you were in our situtation, you would be exploiting it aswell. And quite honestly, if you can't admit it then... Well, I just don't know what to say really. :-/

Pardon my language but... it's bullshit. This isn't causing ANY problems whatsoever, and if it was, THEN I would see why you guys are getting so touchy about this. I know exploiting things is a rule and stuff but seriously, there needs to be a bit more flexibility.

I just wanted to pass on my views because quite frankly... This is unacceptable IN MY OPINION. It doesn't matter if Cressy is my friend anyway, which makes this even more saddened/pissed off, I would be making this post even if the person I hated the most on the server brought this topic up. So if you guys are thinking I'm sticking up for a friend (which -partly- I suppose I am)... Think again.

Respectfully, Hawk.

P.S. Personally, I would actually still let us go to Northrend, for the sake of making the players happy and to stop players complaining they can't get gold.

ALSO this is NOT an attack on the GMs (despite what evidence may suggest). They do a good job on the server, and I'm glad to have them as GMs here.

EDIT: Fixed a few typos and added the P.S.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
I think the point is that there is no rule saying you can't take the milk or pie, but there is a rule saying you can't abuse bugged mobs and other such things.

I don't think it's the act that's hurt the GM's so, but the fact that a) people continued it knowing it was against the rules, and b) nobody bothered to tell them.

Aren't grunts supposed to be trustworthy examples?
[Image: ZuliSig.jpg]
I was under the impression GMs knew, as people mentioned it in Chat while some were online. I did -not- know people were exploiting it. I myself haven't yet gone to Northrend on any of my characters.

If I'd known this I probably would have reported it as a bug, as I have done for another exploitable bug before.
Hawk, you make it sound like we were giving away free items and knew about it then said "well, we are gonna ban people for it now!".

We didn't -do- that at all. Noone got suspended, and actually, this was because people were breaking the rules.

We GMs are dissapointed in our players.

Edit: And again, Cressy acted on her own. We in no way contacted her over any of this, she simply assumed we were going to be banning people, before we even reached a conclusion as to what to do ourselves.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Hawk Wrote:Think of it as this. Say for example your local milkman gives you an extra bottle for free, or that nice old lady from across the street gives you a pie, are you going to decline it? No. You're not are you? It's a nice gesture, it's convinient, and most important of all, no harm is coming from this. Right?

This is basically the same thing. Although people should focus more on RPing than the gear etc, it IS nice to have some spare cash for skills, items, mounts, whatever. But look at it from another angle... We've basically been given a lucky hand-- infact, we've been given an OPPURTUNITY, to HELP other people who are in need of assistance of skills, whatever. Along with giving ourselves a boost.

And another point, some people (not just GMs), are being so hypocritical it's unreal. If you were in our situtation, you would be exploiting it aswell. And quite honestly, if you can't admit it then... Well, I just don't know what to say really. :-/

Pardon my language but... it's bullshit. This isn't causing ANY problems whatsoever, and if it was, THEN I would see why you guys are getting so touchy about this. I know exploiting things is a rule and stuff but seriously, there needs to be a bit more flexibility.

I just wanted to pass on my views because quite frankly... This is unacceptable IN MY OPINION. It doesn't matter if Cressy is my friend anyway, which makes this even more saddened/pissed off, I would be making this post even if the person I hated the most on the server brought this topic up. So if you guys are thinking I'm sticking up for a friend (which -partly- I suppose I am)... Think again.

Respectfully, Hawk.

P.S. Personally, I would actually still let us go to Northrend, for the sake of making the players happy and to stop players complaining they can't get gold.

ALSO this is NOT an attack on the GMs (despite what evidence may suggest). They do a good job on the server, and I'm glad to have them as GMs here.

EDIT: Fixed a few typos and added the P.S.

Don't lump everyone together like that. Not everyone is as lacking in morals and as untrustworthy as you claim to be. I know, I've been in situations like this, and I've always resisted the temptation to exploit bugs, because I know I can get in trouble for it. Just like you and everyone else did.

Here's the simple facts: By joining our server, you agreed to our rules. Rule #12 is no exploitation, which also specifically mentions gold exploits as well. The fact that half the playerbase was going against this rule, and the administration didn't know about it, is just disgusting. I don't know who was at fault the most, but the playerbase was at fault for never making an official bug thread and for exploiting it, and the GM that others are saying knew may have been at fault for not sharing with the rest of us. Either way, it's still disgusting. What's even worse is now you, YOU, are coming around here with some sense of entitlement, claiming that it was a GOOD thing, that nothing bad was going on at all, and that you're disappointed in US.

You, sir, disgust me.

It's not the gold. No one gives two flips about the gold. It's the trust issue. How can I trust our players anymore? At all? When no one bothered to say "Hey, there's a bug here!" on the forums (the proper way of handling this) and instead everyone went exploiting it. Intentionally or not, whatever. It happened. And people wonder why I don't show up on the server anymore, it's filled with such greedy, immature children.

If you had an issue with gold and training costs or somesuch, there are constructive ways to go about dealing with that issue. Instead, you decided to cheat.

Also, just because you end an attack with "THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK!" doesn't mean it magically somehow becomes benign. It's still an attack.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Please.. For the sake of everyone can we all stop? What's done is done. No need for anymore hostility.

Quote:The potential action that we're going to do is effectively give everyone a three-day, since it was apparently a good portion of the server that was doing this. I feel this is a fair compromise between needing to get the message out about what was done was wrong and to help prevent it from happening again in the future.

I really didn't like this at first, seeing as I didn't do anything wrong, therefor I shouldn't be punished. But after seeing the hostility stop, then continue I think this would be the best course, Though I have no choice in the matter. I very much support this idea.. It will give -all- of us a time to cool off and come back with clear heads.
Since I was the one who started the thread, please lock it.

It has been over-drawn and really needs to stop.

Mind you, this thread was intentionally placed for if we are allowed in Northrend, and it has turned into something hostile which was not my intention at first. I know myself that I pointed fingers, but we need to quit this now before it becomes more of a mess then it was before.

Again, please lock this thread.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
1) I didn't imply, or atleast intend to imply, that everyone is "lacking in morals and untrustworthy". If I didn't trust anyone here, I wouldn't have given away details like e.g. what country I'm from. So there actually isn't anyone I don't trust on the server. ;)

2) I suppose after re-thinking my actions, I don't like to call it cheating. I prefer to say it as seizing the oppurtunity. But that doesn't make it any better, and so I do apologise for grinding there. Though I honestly don't think it's the worst thing that could happen.

3) With all due respect, you're making an assumption that -all- the players are "greedy and immature" when firstly, not all of them are. So I don't see a reason why we should be keeping you at bay from the server... That's just retarded. And secondly, although it is appreciated that Kretol boosted the gold rates (not sure if this was actually done but he did consider it), some people are still in need. So I wouldn't like to think of the players are greedy, rather needy. (Only chose those words because they rhyme... lawl.)

4) It was never my intention to have my post saying it's not an attack to make things better. I was simply stating a fact.

5) I'm dropping this anyhow, so whatever. I've lost interest now. So as Cressy said, locking it would be wise before someone makes the same mistake I did.

Apologies and... Meh. Peace.

EDIT: Remember something else, according to other players, a couple of GMs actually knew about it.

So yeah... Don't go pointing fingers so quickly... :)
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
I didn't claim the entire server is immature and greedy. I'd say about half. This situation, and you, are doing nothing to disprove that theory. The fact that you *continue* to claim you weren't cheating and make excuses just makes it even worse and reinforces my theory even more. If the gold change still wasn't enough, there are right ways and wrong ways to go about trying to fix that. You chose the wrong.

And I know full well the GM issue. If a GM knew about this, he or she knows full well I'm disappointed in him/her now.

I'm done. This is done. Server is going down for three days, hopefully starting later today. Thread locked.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brilliance! (Northrend related :B) muhaha8 5 1,358 11-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Last Post: muhaha8
  More Northrend Roleplay! Rikhard 10 2,074 05-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Last Post: anji