The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

"OH GAWD, TURN ON ORCISH PLX."
Anyways, I posted this to say, "Why should I /say in Orcish, just because there's an undead around?" My answer, I'll do it if my character -feels- like speaking Orcish. Orcish is a language, not some sort of shortcut for undead characters to be able to listen to us living folks talk.

Anyways, Orcish is something your character knows/doesn't know. My character Crackbone doesn't know it, because he hates Hordies and he wants nothing to do with them. Gioni? Of course he knows it, he's supposed to know it due to his profession. Maybe Gioni doesn't -want- to speak Orcish, maybe he doesn't want said Forsaken to know what he's saying?

I'm sorry if I came off as a jerk, but this is my view and the repeated "Orcish, please" is getting a little old. Of course I'll switch to Orcish in /whisper, but I'll decide when to do so ICily.

Just wanted to get that out!

-Crackbone
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."
Woah, someone woke up on the wrong side of the... Eh, nevermind. I understand where you're coming from, it would get irritating to me as well if I didn't have a Forsaken character and know how irritating it was to have everyone talking gibberish. If you don't want Forsaken character's listening in to your RP, then why not speak your racial language? For example. When i'm with another Blood Elf having a private conversation, i'll usually put on Thalassian. If you don't want people listening in, simply tell them that in an OOC channel, or use [Low] or something. It's just common courtesy to switch to Orcish for our Forsaken friends if they ask politely. They didn't choose to be bugged!
Many undead are supposed to know Common IC´ly but due to a block Blizzard have put up they can´t. That´s why I ask people to switch to Orcish when I see that they speak Common, if it would be Darnassian, Troll or any other language my character does not know I do not ask.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Okay, then! I've been getting mixed views on this subject from many people. I was under the impression that Kretol didn't fix this because the Undead "forgot" common. Anyways, I just hope I didn't seem to angry-sounding.
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."
Forsaken are hard-coded to not understand Common due to the known fact that they used to know it in the past, but Blizzard (I presume) coded in a 'barrier' for Forsaken instead of simply removing the language, or something like that.

Anyway, someone asking for people to speak in Orcish should not be taken ICly. IC-wise, most Alliance should not know Orcish anyhow.