The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Ohaidere!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)
Metalhead from Alaska. Been playing WoW since Vanilla, so I'm mostly in for RPGs, but I've been getting into first person shooters lately. I try to be likable, but I've been told I'm an abrasive person. Sorry if I offend anyone! Love to pvp, can usually work in groups for raids/dungeons/etc. Any questions? :D

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.) Mars! Hah, sorry. I'm born and raised in Alaska, and I speak American English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My older brother always used to play it with my cousins, so one night I commandeered his computer and tried it out. Still have my hunter from that night too!

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
My friend, PurgatoryDuck mentioned something about an epic RP server that wasn't like the real servers. No total morons to ruin the RP, no griefers, etc. Just a great place to rock the IC. :D

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
I love conversation/debate. Haven't been RP-ing so much, so I'm not entirely sure what all you mean, but I'm up for learning any style.
What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race? Probably Night Elves. Their combat animations seem very well balanced, and their dances are quite epic. Plus the chicks are hot.
Class would have to be hunter. My first character was a hunter, and I enjoy the flexibility of storylines and play styles for hunters.

What are your expectations of this server?:
An awesome RP server to top the failures in the real game. And a place to chill with my friends if I can't in person. I've heard it's an easy 9/10 compared to most private servers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: That rule about not having the 'perfect character', (Mary sou's). Most of what I saw on Moon Guard was "Oh, I'm king of this that and the other thing, kiss my shoes." and it got really old really fast. So it sounds great to be able to have an equal playing field with other people.
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Vencent and Salina were inseparable. From the dear days of preschool, through thick and thin, until now. Their junior year of high school... This is the story of how true love comes to an abrupt, fatal end.
"C'mon Salina, I want our first time together, we've been together for 14 years, as friends then more. I think it's time we shared this experience…"
"I can't, Vencent... I'm not ready... I'm sorry..." A quiet sigh is heard.
"Alright... I'll wait for you..."
Two weeks after this conversation, Vencent was driving Salina home from school. They drove past the old, rundown house, just as they had every day...
"Vencent, can we stop here? I want to see what's in there... So many years of curious myths, I want the truth."
"Alright, love." Vencent replied.

Little did they both know, that house would the end of all they knew.

The front door creaked open slowly at a simple push, permitting them both entrance into a deep, black hallway.
"I'm scared... Hold me, Vencent... Vencent?!" But he had already gone ahead into the deep shadows...
"I'm here sweetie, come to the sound of my voi-" his voice suddenly cut off.
"Vencent? Vencent?!" Panic slowly began to take over her thoughts. A tear slowly crawled down her cheek. "Vencent, please be okay..." But all she heard was the dark, eerie silence.
"Vencent?!!" her voice near a scream... Soft, soft footsteps, barely audible come from behind... Salina realized that she'd come farther into the dark mansion than she'd planned.
"Plan on screaming any longer, girl?" growled a deep, strong voice. And to irony's grace, she screamed even louder. "SILENCE! You are in my manor, knave. And as such, I demand you respect me." That same terrible voice yelled in a commanding tone.
"Wh-who are you...?" Salina asked, her voice shaking.
"Or the better question… What am I?" He replied, his tone almost lighthearted.
"What are you, then?"
"I am Stefano Lucifari, one of the few remaining vampires in this world. And what is a young mortal like you doing, trespassing in my domain?" he asked.
"I-I-I'm sorry.... I asked my boyfriend to show me this house... We've passed it nearly every day for the past five years... So many stories float around...." Salina replied, meekly
"I'm to believe you're naive curiosities are the only reason for your disturbing my sleep?" An eerie silence ensued.... Salina had sunk into complete panic... "Well girl? What is the real reason you've slunk so deep unto my realm?" A faint voice is heard... A pained scream...
"Salina! Run!"
"Vencent!? No! I can't leave without you, come to me!" she replied, bolting deeper into the darkness, away from Stefano. Deeper, and deeper into unknown corridors, "Vencent! Where are you?!" she cries in fear... A faint shape slides out of the wall. She is average height, with shoulder length blonde hair… And she looks almost identical to Salina.
Surprised, "Wh-What are you?!" she half screams.
"I am the spectre of Ceriana... I'm surprised you couldn't recognize me.... Sister."
In her thoughts, Salina questioned, “Sister?!?!”
"Ce-.... Ceriana... Is it really.... You?" questioned Salina, more in fear than true curiosity.
"Yes, sister. 14 years today, I left this Earth, taken by the bastard behind you... Why Stefano? Why did you take me from my family?"
"It was for your own good, and mine and you know it, no matter what spite you seem to feel," growled the vampire, "if you explained this to your dear sister, she'd even agree that the pain you went, no, go through now is overtly justified."
"Salina... Run... Before you join your... Sister...." whispered a very faint voice, another ghost Salina thought. She ran from the ghastly figure, and the vampire. After a short time, she heard ragged breathing ahead. A very faint outline of an emaciated figure lay on the ground...
"Salina, what are you doing?!" coughed the form...
"Vencent? Vencent?! What happened to you?" In another panic, Salina rushed over to him...
"Run...." Vencent gasped in pain. She looked at him. First his eyes, then his sunken in cheeks, slowly going once over his body, stopping at his neck... Two streams of blood. Two gaping holes.
"Vencent.. No... Not you Vencent... No no no..."
"Go... Now." He yelled weakly. Salina had never heard Vencent yell at her... Never been so afraid of the one she loved...
"Alright... I love you Vencent..." she said, a tear rolling down her cheek.
"Love you too." Coughing followed.... The slow, painful, ragged breathing stopped...
"Isn't it sad to think, that the two people you were the closest to... The two you loved the most... Have died here, to my hand? Doesn't it hurt, sharing a room with what is left of your love, and the apparition of your sister? I can tell you now... They died near painlessly... Without a single drop of blood in their body."
"You... You drained them completely...? You sick, soulless person! How could you do something like that, and be so... Uncaring? Do you enjoy ruining the lives of people? Is that really your life goal? To push a girl over the brink of caring... You took the only people I really loved... How could you..."she said. And then she ran. She did everything she could to get away... The manor was enormous on the inside, there were millions of places to hide. In her frantic race from Stefano, she happened across a small door, with a cross engraved upon its frame. Behind the door lay a tomblike structure, deep under the ground. A stone staircase wound further into the earth. Salina slowly went deeper, deeper in. After nearly five minutes of descending the cold, stonework stairs, she came into a large room. Within this room lay a large, ornate, black coffin. The top open. Off to the side of the casket lay a sharpened wooden stake, in the shape of a cross. In the smallest scrawled handwriting, a small note lay upon the cross... "This will be your end, Stefano Lucifari." And next to the stake and the note, a small diary lay open. One page was marked, and on this page was a short note in a calligraphic handwriting. “In my lifetime, the mafia ruled all. No building not under our ‘protection’, and no person afraid of us. I remember the Don telling me, ‘Keep this around your neck, Lucifari. That’s the bullet that’ll kill you, and now that it’s in your possession, it never can. Keep it close.’ And keeping the Don’s advice in mind, I keep the stake that was said to take my life in a place no one will ever find it, along with the words my ‘brother’ said as I took his life…” A deep, cold laugh filled the room.
"So you've found my abode... Now I must kill you... The world may never know of the depths this manor contains..." he said, as he motioned around the room. "The masterwork upon the armor there, and the secrets used in forging my blade... You humans would never understand..." Salina hid the cross behind her back, scuffling away from the vampire, hiding in a corner.
"Don't kill me... Please, you've already ruined my life, I want to keep what small shard I have..." He slowly advanced upon her.
"It's too late, mortal." He was nearly close enough to strike. "How does it feel, to know your death stands over you, mere seconds away from taking the breath from your soul?"

"Just like this!" screamed Salina, as she forced the sharpened cross into the vampire's heart.

"What…? How did you...?" he choked, the black blood of all those he'd killed dripping down his side, and from his lips.
"You deserved this... You took them... You deserve to die..." she whispered, walking slowly away from the fallen form of Stefano Lucifari. "You killed Ceriane... And Vencent... They would've wanted this more than I do now.” She stopped at the door frame, taking one last look at the near dead.
"If only you knew, stupid girl..." he said with his last breath... Salina ran, trying to remember the way she came from, wanting to see Vencent one last time... After nearly an hour of searching, she found the place he should've been. The bloodstains were there. The body was not.
"Looking for me?" a deep, deathly voice was heard behind her.
"Vencent? Is that you?" Salina whispered, surprised.
"It was..." And he slowly advanced upon her, a red tinge crawling across his eyes...
"Vencent, I saw you die. What is this?" she cried, stumbling as she backed away from him.
"Salina! Run!" screamed the ghost of Ceriane, appearing behind Vencent, grabbing him around the neck.
"What is this?" he bellowed.
"Salina! The vampire changed him.. He's changing, run out of here. NOW!" she shrieked, in the way only a ghost could. Salina ran toward a faint light, the door she'd hoped. A loud rumbling came from behind her. "Go Salina, hurry!" She kept running, the door getting ever closer, the rumbling louder.
"Get back here, you know you can't leave me!" yelled Vencent. She burst through the door, the sound stopping behind her. She looked back, seeing the one she loved in the doorway. Bone thin, skin an off shade of grey, the blood draining from his throat turning a deep black.
"Vencent... What did he do to you?" Salina asked in both amazement and fear.
"He didn't do this unto me... I chose this over the death I knew was impending... I couldn't stand not seeing you, so I became the new ruler of this manor. However did you kill him...? He was so strong...." Vencent replied in an admiring tone.
"I don't know... Vencent, is this permanent...?" a longing sadness shadowing her eyes.
"Yes, my love... I'm sorry... You have to go, I can't force myself to hurt you, but I don't know how strong these cravings can get... I love you."
"I love you too..., I want to see you again, some day..."
"Some day..."
Salina slowly walked home... The worst feeling on her heart, and mind... She'd never been so alone in her life...
"Vencent and Ceriane... What do I do...?"
(This is not actually required until you aim to move up to Gruntship. Please state your intentions if you wish to complete this later.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
Not much to say. Hope I get in, sounds like an awesome server. Thanks for at least bothering to read my stuff, if anything? :D

Feel free to copy and paste the template within the spoiler below; it comes pre-formatted with BBCode, so just type your answers under each question!
Hello there DoodlyMuffins, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Hello there!
I must say, that's a very nicely structured story you've composed.
Looks like a fair bit of thought went into it. I would like to ask if it's something you wrote for the express purpose of posting here, or old work dredged up conveniently? Just out of idle curiosity, that is.
Glad to have you, anyway.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
No problem.

Certainly, if you've the desire to dig it up and transcribe it for me, I'd delight in perusing it.
It was something I wrote for my English class last year. I actually have a much better version of it, but only in printed form. If you'd like, I can look for it and message you it if I find it.
It's actually a draft of the story I used for a final in my english class last year. I would've posted the finished one, but I only have it in printed copy. I can probably find it and type it up, if you'd like it. Thanks for the acceptance!