The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Old Ironforge
During the Beta in the Retail Version, Old Ironforge was open to the public.
Once the complete version was released though, Blizzard decided to block the entrance in the Throne Room with a huge vault-door.

Judging by the Chat, I dont think i'm the only one that thinks it'd be nice to open it up again! So if it's not too much work, it'd be nice to see it open to the average Angus again.

Old Ironforge has alot of interesting lore knit to it, both being the burial site of the dwarven kings, and supposedly a gift from the Titan Khaz Goroth at the same time, so perhaps it could be usable for something IC as well. Who knows?

Jus'a suggestion, anyhow!
I would definitely love to see that! I came along in WoW after they'd blocked it off and never tried that trick to go past the blocking before they finally fixed that as well.
Well, there's a trick that still works.

You go under the stairs leading up to the storage'ish house between the Forge and military Ward, along with a mage, priest or warlock. Start a duel, and make a run for it towards the building closest to the Throne Room.
At the building, you jump up to a small ledge'ish thing via a torch. Once there, the other person should have time to fear or polymorph you. If all goes well, you'll appear in the passage leading to Old Ironforge.

It's perhaps not a very good explanation though, so feel free to ask me Ingame, and i'll show it.
.. Unless it get's opened for real :)
Regrettably, there's not a feasible way for me to remove the vault doors, as they're built-in to the world.

However, I may be able to create a sort of port-object that will port you behind the door. I think I still have a few Ragnaros' down there, however...
GM test site, is it? :P
It was our own CoTH hell for a time.
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
Sersay Wrote:It was our own CoTH hell for a time.
Hmm.... *idea*
Ooh. I never seen Old Ironforge. :(
Hell? Nifty. I heard about an Ultima Online server where you'd get sent to Hell for doing evil deeds once. Or got dropped far out in the ocean. Or some other vile punishment for your sins, handed out by the GM's, that would RP the Gods.

.. We'll be lucky enough to risk a trip to Ragnaros' apartment at Ironforge for -our- evils, by any chance? :)
Kretol Wrote:
Sersay Wrote:It was our own CoTH hell for a time.
Hmm.... *idea*
The lightbulb above your head, it is black and eeeeevil looking.
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
Oh, if I remember correctly, there's much worse than just a pair of Rags down there.... Much, much worse.
A pair of Rags down there? :p
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
A pair of Ragnaros'! Jeez! -.-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opening up Old Ironforge Crescenthorn 10 1,639 09-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Darksaber
  Ironforge Airport ElvenMistress 24 3,173 09-30-2008, 03:35 AM
Last Post: bbruinsma