The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

On Warlocks.
Warlocks can hide as members of the Kirin Tor, there is no real way to sense them provided they don't go crazy with their demonic powers, because it does leave a bit of a trace. It's more likely they would try to distance themselves from the group for fear of discovery however.

Warlocks can use shadow and Fel, thats not a problem at all.

Warlocks wouldn't lose anything else they knew it the past, it's just a game mechanic. Most warlocks know basic mage spells anyway. Warlock is a bit of a prestige class of mage.
[Image: Signature.png]
On an off note, irrelevant to the original topic, the summoning of Archimonde did not need to have been at Dalaran. While the veil between worlds was weakened there thanks to exuberant use of the arcane, but the reason it was used as a location was because that's where they got the book in the first place. If they were to have, say, stolen the book from Gnomeregan, it would probably have been done in Dun Morogh. Correct me if I'm wrong, in fact or to say this in this topic. I've yet to go over the rules (or post an introduction, I really need to do that).
Piken Wrote:I do believe they can use both, it just requires that the Warlock be much more trained and skilled. My warlock is.. around 63 or so, after training for.. a good few decades, and he's able to throw a fel-fire ball(Chaos Bolt). I could be wrong with this and all.. But that's how I've always seen it.
Vrahn Wrote:Warlocks can hide as members of the Kirin Tor, there is no real way to sense them provided they don't go crazy with their demonic powers, because it does leave a bit of a trace. It's more likely they would try to distance themselves from the group for fear of discovery however.

Warlocks can use shadow and Fel, thats not a problem at all.

Warlocks wouldn't lose anything else they knew it the past, it's just a game mechanic. Most warlocks know basic mage spells anyway. Warlock is a bit of a prestige class of mage.

Good, good, good... One more set of questions and I'll be set to head out into the world of... EBIL!

- The WoWWiki states that a soul stone is an item used to store a target's soul for self-rezzing. Obviously, in order for this to occur the soul is split. Is the soul split permanently or do the halves become one after the soul stone is used?

- Again on soul stones: Is the soul stone similar to the Shaman Ankh in the sense that it only makes it -easier- for the character to be rezzed but doesn't allow for complete self-rezzing?

LostStranger Wrote:On an off note, irrelevant to the original topic, the summoning of Archimonde did not need to have been at Dalaran. While the veil between worlds was weakened there thanks to exuberant use of the arcane, but the reason it was used as a location was because that's where they got the book in the first place. If they were to have, say, stolen the book from Gnomeregan, it would probably have been done in Dun Morogh. Correct me if I'm wrong, in fact or to say this in this topic. I've yet to go over the rules (or post an introduction, I really need to do that).

Actually, I think you're right. It was Kel'Thuzad who was summoned at Silvermoon with the use of the Sunwell. Archimonde was just summoned with the aid of the book in Dalaran's possession.
Welllll, the soul gem thing is kinda debatable. I suppose it could act as a complete resurrection, but I'm still of the opinion you would just die again from your battle wounds. Personally I don't like soul gems, but if it's in game then it's useable.
nexusphere Wrote:The WoWWiki is confusing me to death. It says that Warlock magic is "Fel-based (Shadow)," so is the magic they're using considered Fel or Shadow? Are they one and the same
Good, good... Now, do/can Warlocks use both Shadow and Fel or purely Shadow?
Shadow is an energy form in itself, and originates from the Shadow Plane. To gain access to this plane of energy, one requires the ability to control the natural arcane energy in the surroundings, and use it to create a 'rift' into the Shadow Plane. Since fel energy is actually a stronger more potent form of arcane energy, Fel based Shadow energy simply means that the caster uses fel energies to draw forth shadow energy from the shadow plane. In doing so, the shadow energy gets tainted by the fel energy, making it slightly stronger than usual forms of shadow energy. All this and more, in my guide: Magic And You :D

Vrahn Wrote:Warlocks can hide as members of the Kirin Tor, there is no real way to sense them provided they don't go crazy with their demonic powers, because it does leave a bit of a trace. It's more likely they would try to distance themselves from the group for fear of discovery however.
Actually, wizards, especially those in tune with the arcane, can detect fel taint, which usually happens if one casts a spell that uses fel energy instead of arcane recently. If I'm not wrong, some Night Elves can also sense fel taint, so I doubt that a Warlock could ever hide among the Kirin Tor. Maybe if he was just experimenting, and isolated himself during, and a substantial period after, trying out fel based shadow energy... but not a full fledged warlock.

Also, I have a question >< I know that there is a Kill on Sight order towards most Warlocks, but what about Forsaken? How would a forsaken warlock be treated ICly? I assume that it he would be treated as a human mage would be treated amongst his kind... but would a forsaken warlock be treated as harshly as would, say, a human warlock amongst humans, for example. Or would he just be treated as another forsaken? Heh
nexusphere Wrote:The WoWWiki is confusing me to death. It says that Warlock magic is "Fel-based (Shadow)," so is the magic they're using considered Fel or Shadow? Are they one and the same
Good, good... Now, do/can Warlocks use both Shadow and Fel or purely Shadow?
Shadow is an energy form in itself, and originates from the Shadow Plane. To gain access to this plane of energy, one requires the ability to control the natural arcane energy in the surroundings, and use it to create a 'rift' into the Shadow Plane. Since fel energy is actually a stronger more potent form of arcane energy, Fel based Shadow energy simply means that the caster uses fel energies to draw forth shadow energy from the shadow plane. In doing so, the shadow energy gets tainted by the fel energy, making it slightly stronger than usual forms of shadow energy. All this and more, in my guide: Magic And You :D

Actually, wizards, especially those in tune with the arcane, can detect fel taint, which usually happens if one casts a spell that uses fel energy instead of arcane recently. If I'm not wrong, some Night Elves can also sense fel taint, so I doubt that a Warlock could ever hide among the Kirin Tor. Maybe if he was just experimenting, and isolated himself during, and a substantial period after, trying out fel based shadow energy... but not a full fledged warlock.

Also, I have a question >< I know that there is a Kill on Sight order towards most Warlocks, but what about Forsaken? How would a forsaken warlock be treated ICly? I assume that it he would be treated as a human mage would be treated amongst his kind... but would a forsaken warlock be treated as harshly as would, say, a human warlock amongst humans, for example. Or would he just be treated as another forsaken? Heh
Forsaken and Blood Elves don't have to worry about the KoS thing that Alliance and Orc Warlock have to. I've seen plenty of Forsaken and Blood Elven Warlocks practicing their magic in public, or at least being VERY non-secretive about it. :wink:
Forsaken and Blood Elves don't have to worry about the KoS thing that Alliance and Orc Warlock have to. I've seen plenty of Forsaken and Blood Elven Warlocks practicing their magic in public, or at least being VERY non-secretive about it. :wink:
Forsaken are completely cool with Warlockery, and Blood Elves to a lesser extent, though that may change depending on what goes on with Rommath and Liadrin.

And that is why I mentioned as long as they don't go crazy with their magic. It's more the fact I really don't want mages and Night Elves walking around all of sudden sniffing out warlocks on the spot, as it would be an excellent excuse to metagame and or ruin RP. Also, due to the existance of the Warlock Coven in the basement of a tavern in Stormwind, I would think that is evidence enough that Warlockery is not generally detectable, or they would have been thrown out by now.
Forsaken are completely cool with Warlockery, and Blood Elves to a lesser extent, though that may change depending on what goes on with Rommath and Liadrin.

And that is why I mentioned as long as they don't go crazy with their magic. It's more the fact I really don't want mages and Night Elves walking around all of sudden sniffing out warlocks on the spot, as it would be an excellent excuse to metagame and or ruin RP. Also, due to the existance of the Warlock Coven in the basement of a tavern in Stormwind, I would think that is evidence enough that Warlockery is not generally detectable, or they would have been thrown out by now.
I think I should rephrase what I said, heh. It's not 'instant sniffing' of fel magic per se, it's more lilke, when you cast a spell with fel energy, or even arcane energy, the disturbance of the energies can be detected by most skilled wizards. As such, one can only detect a warlock if he is in close proximity of the warlock, and the warlock is in the process of casting the spell, or a few seconds after the spell has been cast, due to residual energies. So actually, I guess I agree with you, that so long as they don't go crazy, nothing bad should happen =D

Also, what I meant was more of, if an orc settlement finds out that a forsaken is a warlock, will he be treated as a warlock, or as a forsaken O.O
I think I should rephrase what I said, heh. It's not 'instant sniffing' of fel magic per se, it's more lilke, when you cast a spell with fel energy, or even arcane energy, the disturbance of the energies can be detected by most skilled wizards. As such, one can only detect a warlock if he is in close proximity of the warlock, and the warlock is in the process of casting the spell, or a few seconds after the spell has been cast, due to residual energies. So actually, I guess I agree with you, that so long as they don't go crazy, nothing bad should happen =D

Also, what I meant was more of, if an orc settlement finds out that a forsaken is a warlock, will he be treated as a warlock, or as a forsaken O.O
Mages can't do that really. I believe they can detect magic of a sort, but only if they're trying to find it. Detect Magic is more of a ritual or spell you use to figure out what something is enchanted with, rather than constantly sniffing at your buddy there in the bar to see if he's got Fel-Fire in his beer.
Mages can't do that really. I believe they can detect magic of a sort, but only if they're trying to find it. Detect Magic is more of a ritual or spell you use to figure out what something is enchanted with, rather than constantly sniffing at your buddy there in the bar to see if he's got Fel-Fire in his beer.
What Kaghuros said. Although I'm sure I've read somewhere that Paladins can sense when Fel-taint is near. Also someone said a warlock never turns into a demon, surely they do? All demons (With the exception of Dreadlords) started off as pretty normal races that were corrupted over time by fel energy. A warlock that practices for a long time would turn into one I thought? After all they manifest outward demonic changes as well as internal mental ones eventually, no?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can Warlocks turn? Rowgen 13 2,744 09-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Rowgen