The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

On Warlocks.
What Kaghuros said. Although I'm sure I've read somewhere that Paladins can sense when Fel-taint is near. Also someone said a warlock never turns into a demon, surely they do? All demons (With the exception of Dreadlords) started off as pretty normal races that were corrupted over time by fel energy. A warlock that practices for a long time would turn into one I thought? After all they manifest outward demonic changes as well as internal mental ones eventually, no?
Warlocks manifest demonic traits only after significant exposure to Fel. This can come from the practice of Warlock arts over an extremely long time (Draenei live practically forever, so even the weakest Grandma Warlock who used their powers only on Sunday drives will be a hulking demon after 20,000 years or so) or the exposure to that same amount of energy really quickly, such as through gorging on Fel Blood or sucking Fel magic like the Blood Elves do (Though the changes from the latter occur more quickly in Elves due to their natural affinity for magic).

Though, it's worthwhile considering that the vast majority of demonic traits are actually extremely detrimental to the Fel user, and Fel corruption can cause bodily harm as well. Then again, you'll probably be a serial-murdering, Fel-high psychopath well before you develop wings if you're an average Warlock.

Edit: Of course, I prefer my magic either Grim, Dark, or GRIMDARK.
Warlocks manifest demonic traits only after significant exposure to Fel. This can come from the practice of Warlock arts over an extremely long time (Draenei live practically forever, so even the weakest Grandma Warlock who used their powers only on Sunday drives will be a hulking demon after 20,000 years or so) or the exposure to that same amount of energy really quickly, such as through gorging on Fel Blood or sucking Fel magic like the Blood Elves do (Though the changes from the latter occur more quickly in Elves due to their natural affinity for magic).

Though, it's worthwhile considering that the vast majority of demonic traits are actually extremely detrimental to the Fel user, and Fel corruption can cause bodily harm as well. Then again, you'll probably be a serial-murdering, Fel-high psychopath well before you develop wings if you're an average Warlock.

Edit: Of course, I prefer my magic either Grim, Dark, or GRIMDARK.
Ahh, I see, guess I was wrong about the whole 'fel sense' idea LOL Anyways, since warlocks would be able to develop demonic traits, be it horns or a simple change of eye colour, would it be plausible for someone to identify a warlock who has been continuously exposed to fel magic over a long period of time simply through physical examination?
Ahh, I see, guess I was wrong about the whole 'fel sense' idea LOL Anyways, since warlocks would be able to develop demonic traits, be it horns or a simple change of eye colour, would it be plausible for someone to identify a warlock who has been continuously exposed to fel magic over a long period of time simply through physical examination?
Only if they've developed mutations. The vast majority of Human cultists don't live long enough, or use enough Fel to do so. Most of them just mentally degrade into amoral monsters that exhibit mainly their negative Human traits. Then again, you might confuse one for a politician or unscrupulous merchant. Also, lawyer jokes go here, etc.
Only if they've developed mutations. The vast majority of Human cultists don't live long enough, or use enough Fel to do so. Most of them just mentally degrade into amoral monsters that exhibit mainly their negative Human traits. Then again, you might confuse one for a politician or unscrupulous merchant. Also, lawyer jokes go here, etc.
I think you wouldn't be able to discern a warlock from a regular mage, unless he's casting fel magic that is. And most warlocks die because of a spell that backfires or a revolting minion long before they develop mutations.

As for soul gems and stuff, I think the fel-energy creates the gems just like a mage would conjure Arcane Crystals.

The only question I have. Can runes also be used to conjure fel magic? because demonic places in Outland tend to be covered with them.
Not only are you correct, but that's the basis of a Prestige Class. See Dark Inscriber from the new sourcebook for evil characters.
And where would I find one? Cause this got me quite intrigued, it wuld make a nice character.
Iunno. Try 4share. I forget what the name of the book is called, however.
Vrahn Wrote:Warlocks wouldn't lose anything else they knew it the past, it's just a game mechanic. Most warlocks know basic mage spells anyway. Warlock is a bit of a prestige class of mage.

Heh, sorry for bringing up ancient history, but I'm curious... is this true in the reverse as well? For instance, could one roll a Mage here and play them as if they were a fully-fledged Warlock? This would be extremely beneficial to us Warlock players who are sick and tired of being looked at funny everywhere we go and/or mistrusted for no logical reason.
Ou could roll a hunter technically and RP them as a Mage r warlock, though I don't see why.

From what I've seen, and is accepted, OOC class is not the same as IC class.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
You should keep your OOC class as close to your IC class as possible, unless you have specific reasons why you aren't doing that.
How long exactly would a warlock have to use a soul stone after having created it?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can Warlocks turn? Rowgen 13 2,744 09-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Rowgen