The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Our Stance on Royalty
So, I kind'a sort'a want to make a character that has (minor) noble title-ness going on, but I'm unsure on out policy on characters being anything above average guy.

Now, I'd never use my character's "position" in any way to try and... I 'unno... Oppress? Other characters. I just want it for the backstory and the ability to say "Yus, I haz estate... Elsewhere, and moniez!" You know, that sort of thing.

The most I'd use the title of being a Noble would be to put, say 'Lord' before the name, and the stuff mentioned above. Maybe minor things, but so on. Anyhow, give me feedbacks, plz?
I think you CAN create a nobleman with minor regal standing and importance, even up in the 'highs', but it would have to be a special profile like my Nobleman Taves. Short post, I'll add more about this soon or later.

EDIT: Or not. I'm lazy.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Awesome, look forward to it, Maul... But, uhh... One other thing. Now, trust me, I've got this pretty well thought out in advance, so I wouldn't let it be Mary-sue, but what do you think the chances are of a Nobleman DK?
Eh... Extremely low, Ronin. Humans already only tolerate the 'Deaders because they leave them alone and fight the battle against the Scourge for them, having them as competition for land, gold and assets would just fire up tensions. If you weren't ganged up on metaphorically by a pack of disgruntled house-of-noblemen chances are you'd be ganged up on by a pack of disgruntled assassins.

The main problem posed, however, is HOW you would regain your nobleman status after death. Usually the Humans don't really have to deal with dead people showing up and reclaiming their already reclaimed property, so unless you build off the ground or steal (bad in the long term, I'd say) your ground you'd be hard pressed.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Besides, Death Knights don't really give a damn about their property. It's not like they need to eat, sleep, drink, take shelter, etc.
[Image: Signature.png]
Well, that's the thing. According to Grakor's DK guide thing, you can now make DKs that aren't... Ya know... Dead. It's just a ritual that does, admittedly, twist their mind/soul up like a kitten with a ball of yarn, but they still end up breathing once all's said and done. So, I was going to make a living Human DK with noble blood, and while I'm not necessarily attempting to dispute your arguments, I'd still think that if he wasn't "dead", just absent for a while, then he could reclaim his property. Then again, that's more up to interpretation.

On the other hand, I could say the estate was located somewhere semi-remote in what's now the Plaguelands, and he just had to kick out a few Scourge rats to get it back. There are implications that could make such difficult, too (like the Scourge getting kind'a irritated with that and coming to get payback, if any of them around there had intelligence above "Bwainz!"), but it seems at least a possibility.
Even if they aren't dead, it still wouldn't matter. Why would a DK care about that, and why would his fellow humans/whatever -let- a deathknight retain their position as a noble?

To me it seems all too vampire like for it's own good, if you really think about it.

Edit: And an estate in the Plaguelands is crazy. It'd be swarmed with undead before too long.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Fair enough. I suppose, in retrospect, it could end up vampire-tastic, which when I realized it, would make me loath myself (still hate the werewolf-styleized Worgen). I'll come up with an alternative path for my DK. Thanks for the feedback, everyone.