The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Paladin questions
I looked around the forums and WoWwiki, etc, and didn't see quite what I was looking for.

I was trying to find information on Paladin education and training. My main questions are:

How long does it take to train a Paladin to a reasonable level of competency? Not a trainee, but not a hero either. Just good enough that the Paladin would be considered a 'graduate' (if there is such a concept).

How old would a human have to be to have finished Paladin training and get in a couple years of fighting as well?

My computer is throwing a fit so I thought I would take this time to plot out a new character while I try a repair on WoW.
Bury me on my feet. I have lived my entire life on my knees.
Well I have trained a couple of characters Icly. I believe that squires usually start at age 12-16 though you can still become a squire if your older it will just take longer for you to learn. I think if a basic paladin takes a 12 yr. squire then the Squire should be a fresh paladin at 21-24 and an experienced one at 30-32.

I'm going to make a paladin guide as well soon.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
Ah, perfect. That's exactly what I needed. Also, looking forward to the guide!

Thanks!
Bury me on my feet. I have lived my entire life on my knees.
If I may add to what Tales said, in real life, Knights would begin as children, being pages anywhere from ages 6-10, becoming a squire from 12-14, and (if they had the money, title etc...) being knighted in their early twenties.

Clergy is a much broader group; parish priests would often be a clever boy, maybe even young man, sent to a monastary for a few years to learn basic reading and theology, before being sent out to a village. Comparativley, Bishops and Deacons would study for longer, being more political and managment-oriented.

Paladins, which would presumably be a cross (har har) between the two, would be striclty regimented and cloistered from a young age (lower limits of the Knights), learning both the Chivalric arts and duties as Clergymen. The time of squireship and the time of 'preparation' (where higher-leveled priests-in-training would be partnered with a veteran priest to learn from him directly, often for a year or two) would be combined, once again probably even more rigid and demanding than either one individually.
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am The Scourge - Play Free Online Games

[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Paladin - Play Free Online Games

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  [Questions] Priests yo. Psychyn 5 1,658 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Made a Kaldorei, have some questions. hyenaskate 5 1,441 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Last Post: hyenaskate