The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Patch 2.4
Well, looks like due to the fact that the patch came out, I'm going to be forced to take a bit of a break from this server. I unfortunately cannot leave my WoW unupdated, as I'm the main tank for a guild on retail, that my entire family is in, as well. So, see you guys for a bit.
Hammerfall: Paladin of the Light, head of the Hammer of Justice
Ragnarr: The Stormcaller, Elemental Shaman
DECEASED: Moriela: Evil Shadow Priestess
Yes making a copy of your WoW-folder works. I can connect to CoTH on one and play retail 2.4 on the other.
Thankfully I will not be takeing a break, got two WoW directory's now so I can still help out Murlocs in Disguise on live, and RP on here. ^_^
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
Two WoW directories works like a charm if you have the drive space for it. I now have my original with 2.4 and a second one dedicated to this server! <3 Kretol.

All I did was "copy/paste" The entire WoW folder into a new location. Okay.. now leave the original patched one alone! Go to the new one and follow Kretol's directions

Quote:2. Open the folder called "Data"
3. Delete the Patch.MPQ file
4. Run the repair.exe utility found in the World of Warcraft directory
5. Click the button "Reset and Check Files"
6. The repair utility will say, "World of Warcraft is seriously damaged and will need to be reverted to an earlier version. After it has been reverted you may need to patch up to continue playing."
7. Once the repair utility has completed, you will need to reapply the patch to enter the game.

Be sure to acquire the patches manually after that. You should be able to find patch files in your World of Warcraft folder, such as (for example) WoW-2.3.0.7561-to-2.3.2.7741-enUS-patch.exe or WoW-2.3.2.7741-to-2.3.3.7799-enUS-patch.exe, so just run those until you get to version 2.3.3.7799.

After you've repatched.. make sure you change the realmlist file before reconnecting to WoW in any way. Now you can access CotH from this new directory while still playing retail from the original one.
Isebella Drudaen - Merchant, entrepreneur and fire mage.
Drusilla - Shadow Priestess and Mistress of all things sadistic.
Macs don't have a repair tool. Any ideas on how to revert a patched version on a Mac?
Isebella Drudaen - Merchant, entrepreneur and fire mage.
Drusilla - Shadow Priestess and Mistress of all things sadistic.
Fah! I need to find a link to download just patch 2.3.3. I had to reinstall WoW and it instantly goes to update to just 2.4. Anyone have any idea how i can download patch 2.3.3.? I can't log onto CoTH and I'm pretty bummed about that considering I've got an RP thing going on in Silithus with Kel etc. So, any help or tips would be much appreciated, :D
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
I don't get how to get only patch 2.3 >.> I are dumb. v.v
I believe I found a way to fix it all! And I got 2.3.3. back by rolling the date of the computer all the way back to March 20 just to be safe. :p
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
Maybe someone could help me.. I have up to the right patch, but I still need to update to play. Help me. v.v
Why do you have to? I mean can´t you just start the game without the updater?
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

As stated in the first post, be SURE to re-update your realmlist.wtf file after you've done the patching.
A quick question. You copy your WoW folder in the Program files right? And also, when you revert it to 2.3, when I click on the copied one that opens the game will it play 2.3 and when I click on the original one will it play 2.4?
thecheezeman Wrote:A quick question. You copy your WoW folder in the Program files right? And also, when you revert it to 2.3, when I click on the copied one that opens the game will it play 2.3 and when I click on the original one will it play 2.4?
You copy your current WoW folder (wherever it may be, typically in Program Files as you say) to wherever you want it to be. Each folder is kept completely separate as far as settings; they're effectively treated as different games (settings are all stored in the folder, not in the registry).
Thank you. I'm now gonna try it out.
okay, well i have a problem =/ i made the 2 seperate folders, that all went smoothly, i deleted the patch file in my data folder, ran the repair...and it restored me to like version 2.0, annnnddd the only "patch" folders i have in my wow folders is for 2.4 so i cant use my patch files to put it to 2.3 or whatever i had to be... help? =(
Norana:adorable paladin of potential destruction

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom Gameobject Patch Kretol 20 7,437 12-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Ironhide
  Patch up! (3.3.5) Kretol 21 4,271 06-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  WARNING: Patch 3.3.5 - DO NOT PATCH! Kretol 2 1,253 06-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Piroska
  Patch Up! (3.3.3a) Kretol 6 1,911 05-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Mrjaunt
  Warning: Patch 3.3.3 (Don't do it!) Kretol 17 3,577 04-01-2010, 11:30 AM