The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Perma-customized displayIDs
Some folks may have noticed some goblins walking around by now. It's a test currently being run with a code change I was able to do in order to let characters have a static altered model.

What does this mean?
We'll probably get the Special Profiles subforum to see more use, firstly. The idea will be to see what sort of ideas people will pitch, and we'll undoubtedly have a template to follow. Furthermore, we'll probably also use similar restrictions as the current prestige titles, in that people can only have one, and only Grunts can apply for one after they've been active for a period of time.

This will be different in the fact that you don't use a pre-existing character to expand upon. However, this also means that no character can suddenly change into one of these custom models, either. Furthermore, since it would be a custom display, gear will not be given in most cases (since it won't show up anyway). You can have whatever level you want, BUT you cannot advance the character OOCly. No farming, no tokens/gold, nothing like that. In other words, the character should either be RPing, in an OOC zone/area, or offline.

How can I get one?
As stated before, when we open this up for application, we'll probably require a post in the Special Profiles subforum following a certain template. We won't really start with a list of things you cannot be, but I can think of a couple off the top of my head that will probably be denied unless we feel the person can handle it exceptionally. A sticky will undoubtedly be made containing information, including previously approved and disapproved ideas.

Yes, this means that there will be a few factors involved in the approval, among which are the quality of the application as well as if we feel the person can handle it sufficiently.

Other information
I will add more stuff later as I can think of it, but please feel free to discuss for now.
Very interesting, hopefully people won't ask for Dragons and Darkfallen and such..

I also have a question, could these characters also be a Prestige Class?
"It's always do Gnomes have a vibration setting... what about Goblins, huh? huh?!"
So is this things like, as was suggested in game, Ogres, Naga and the like? Could this help people, such as the Felsworn prestige that gain a different appearance?
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
I don't know about this. This seems kind of um, contradicting against what the CotH wiki says about non-playable classes, I mean, hell I'm having a hard enough time just getting my character profile approved just because Dag is tied to the Argent Crusade. I mean, not trying to tell anyone what to do, but, making goblins playable is one thing, considering they're playable coming Cataclysm, but I'm kinda scared as to what else is to come.
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Paladin - Play Free Online Games
How's that? We've also had a section in the wiki about -possible- player classes in the future. You still can't play a lot of what's on the non-playable list.

We've really been planning this stuff for years.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Got ya. Didn't see the list of potentials. Re-Reading then and I'll come back with some intelligent debate information instead of being a noob. :) Just one thing I do have to say, for the love of Lore and WoW, by the gods please don't allow Darkfallen, ugh, I'd have to quit roleplaying.

Edit: Though, Quel'Dorei would be nice to have, I know I know, got two races of playable elves as it is, but, I mean there's a difference between Blood Elves and High Elves, or even Highbourne since apparently they're supposed to be coming back in Cataclysm as well. That I wouldn't see as a bad change, but hey, that's just me.
I am Paladin - Play Free Online Games
Well, as we said we'll review stuff before we officially start allowing this. For now, we just sort of wish to see what you guys want.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I definitely think there should be restrictions on this. Not like making a list that you can't stray outside, so much as making a list of things which you definitively can't be, and reminding people that you have full rights to change that as necessary. Otherwise, though, I think this is a great idea, and it'll be really fun if we do it well.
My god, does this mean i could potentially play as an ogre? That has been my dream ever since I started wow on retail.
Scout Wrote:I definitely think there should be restrictions on this. Not like making a list that you can't stray outside, so much as making a list of things which you definitively can't be, and reminding people that you have full rights to change that as necessary. Otherwise, though, I think this is a great idea, and it'll be really fun if we do it well.

I believe they probably already have made a bit of restrictions. Seriously, what Rensin said, they've been planning it for a long time. At the very least, I think they've discussed such and so.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
Things I'd like to see, eh? Here we go.
  • Quel'dorei- It would be kind of sad if we couldn't pick equipment for them, but they would still be fun. (Have always wanted one with this armor.)
    Sons/Daughters of Cenarius- Due to them all looking exactly the same, it would probably be best to limit how many there can be on the server.
    Ogres- I wouldn't play one, personally, but can you imagine the RP? Hilarious.
    Naga- Same problem with the kin of Cenarius, but utilizing different-colored models might help.
    Murlocs!- This is yes.
[Image: UzMPvzA.gif]
I think a few races would be interesting to have. Ogres, Ogre Magi, Nerubians, Vrykul, (those last two are iffy but just giving suggestions) Quel'dorei/High Elves, Dark Iron Dwarves, Frostborn Dwarves, Earthen, Wretched Elves, Gnoll, Grel, Harpy, Kobold, Wolvar, Tuskarr, Taunka. There are so many possibilities its hard to list them all. Some I mentioned may not be that great, however, imagine having some sort of war between Wretched Elves and the Blood elves, or Quel'dorei vs. Sin'dorei. Conflicts between the Dark Iron Dwarves and the Dwarves would be interesting as well. This could end up being very cool Kretol!!
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Of course, there are the Ethereals. They should be allowed, I hope.
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.
No one has mentioned dryads yet. Would that be possible?
One day we will be allowed to defy logic and reason with our characters.
One day rules will be no more.
One day chaos will reign supreme.
Know that on that day, Illidan and Akama's lovechild will be discovered.
Know that on that day it will be established that male draenei have better child bearing hips.

Gwen'tel: Draenei Paladin. Not too much special.
Rachel Ragefists: Four limbs of gnome flying at your face.
Tsara: It's best not to get into all the things this one is.
Anta: Someone needs a lozenge.
Natalia: A draenei bard with an instrument that doesn't exist for good reasons.
....I want to play a Murloc. That is all.