The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Perma-customized displayIDs
Vrykul.. OH GOD YES.
Er, yes.
Vrykul and Ogres. Oh the amount of loveliness..
Mm. Yes.
rentreality Wrote:I'm going to have to say ethereals as well. While leaving Outlands would be virtually out of the question, think of the RP! Stormspire and Shattrath and Nagrand OH MY!
Ethereals are my absolute favorite formerly non-playable race. <333333333
Beltharean Wrote:I don't really see why an ethereal would -have- to stay in outland. Granted, that's where the consortium, as well as most (if not every) other ethereal is, it clearly states they're driven by money, and money only. It's not a long shot to think that a few (if not -quite- a few) would travel to goblin towns on business trips.
I was basing my assumption on the fact that there are no Ethereals that I know of outside of places where the weave of the world is falling away -- Outland and Karazhan. It seems like they need that strangeness to maintain their connection to the twisting nether or somesuch, or in any case that they are not comfortable beyond it. Otherwise, I would think they would have spread throughout Azeroth already.
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
Mayhaps we could RP a Lich? That'd be interesting to see a Lich in the Ebon Blade but it would be pretty far-fetched. Maybe even a Necromancer! But that's prestige >.>
Possibly my favorite race outside the playable would be Etherial aswell, though sadly they cannot leave Outlands. Otherwise I may also like Elementals(As a way of a...race) And possibly Blue Dragonflight.
Bounty, from what Dilly has mentioned, Liches would be WAY too OP, and I agree.

Dread, Blue Dragonflight are currently completely hostile to ANYTHING ANYWHERE. There's even an ongoing event against them. Playing them would sort of be like playing Scourge, which is not currently allowed.
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
You got me wrong. I just said I do like the race, not that I would really like to RP one of them. I would like to RP an air elemental actually. Badly that isnt allowed and I am most suited playing Solivan Dread(Demonology Warlock)
Let's play Naaru.

*Looks around*

What? No good?
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
This sounds like a great idea! I would love to play some of the races that are not playable yet. I do hope it would be restricted to Humanoids, beyond that the line becomes a bit iffy. Elementals and mechanical creatures seem a bit far off still.
Little by little, one travels far.
Dread Wrote:You got me wrong. I just said I do like the race, not that I would really like to RP one of them. I would like to RP an air elemental actually. Badly that isnt allowed and I am most suited playing Solivan Dread(Demonology Warlock)
Heh, sorry for the misinterpretation. However, regarding Elementals, that WOULD be quite fun. If you could research their lore and present them effectively, it could provide for some very stimulating roleplay!
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
Wait, so I am new and I would ask a stupid question but still here it is: Is there a way to make a charecter nad ACTUALLY not be in the playable races. Id love to play a Nerubian Rebel(Even better then Elemental If you ask me)
Dread Wrote:Possibly my favorite race outside the playable would be Etherial aswell, though sadly they cannot leave Outlands. Otherwise I may also like Elementals(As a way of a...race) And possibly Blue Dragonflight.

Ethereals can leave Outland. A portion of the Ethereum has already done so.
Etherea--Dilly got there first :<

But Ethereals are my favorite race.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Yes, may someone answer my question, please.
Quote:Dread posted:
Wait, so I am new and I would ask a stupid question but still here it is: Is there a way to make a charecter nad ACTUALLY not be in the playable races. Id love to play a Nerubian Rebel(Even better then Elemental If you ask me)

Usually, it depends on what it is you want to play. All non-playable races can be found here: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Non-Playable_Races

Though, what I believe Kretol is saying is that if this idea comes through, then some races that weren't playable before can now be played. What these are, nobody knows yet so I can't answer your question being 100% sure.

However, the guidelines that can be found in the link above help you better understand what is and isn't playable. (For any non-standard race)

Quote:CotH Wiki says:
1. A race/faction has to be able to feasibly blend-in with one of the player factions. This rules out races like the Dark Iron Dwarves, the Leper Gnomes, and most non-Jungle Trolls, as they are clearly visible for what they are and would generally be kill-on-sight.

2. A race/faction has to be excluded from one of the over-arching main "villain groups," which at the moment is defined as being the Scourge, Illidari, Qiraji, Hakkari, Scarlet Crusade, and Legion. That is not to say that you cannot worship or otherwise secretly try to support such factions, only that you would not be affiliated with them and they would likely not treat your character any differently from any other person.

3. A character has to be able to cope in some way with the fact that if he/she came from a hostile faction, that faction is hostile to them as well. If you're a Blackrock Orc, why are you now in Orgrimmar? Were you outcast? Did you leave as a traitor?

Every race and faction that isn't playable under these guidelines is that way for many good reasons. We'll just have to wait and see what this "Perma-cutomized displayID" can bring to the table.