The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Pirate City
Pirate Brotherhood
Introduction:
The pirate coven will be a place for people with a bad alignment, there will still be rules, but they will be different then in normal cities. Tough, you can only gain access trough the city if you have a membership card, the council will hand these out. Not only people with a bad alignment would be able to enter this city, but also with a good alignment. But they get less respected inside this city.

Base:
The general idea is to make a small area because there aren't “that” many pirates. So I would only take a ship that is docked, with a small cabin on the end of where it is docked (wooden bar leading from the ship to the dock), the cabinet would be the pass through the guards, deciding you have a membership card or not.

I would like to make the main base a ship (Looking like one of the pirate ships).
Ship Floors:
-2: The shopping area: In this area is where all the shops will be, it must look like a little market, with all kinds of smugglers. Here can people buy/sell their smuggling wares.
-1: The inn: in the first room, I'd like all the cannons to be removed, it be cozy little inn with some tables and chairs near the windows and it the middle. The middle part (near the Captain's cabinet) will be kitchen, and in the small room will be the jail, (main idea is, they throw the rests of the kitchen in the jail for the prisoners). When you walk trough, there will be cannons and some armed pirates. The Captain's cabinet will be the place where the pirate council will be. It will need a meeting table.
0: Deck floor: Here will be benches around in the middle, where people will fight (Unarmed). This will be the place where people can put bets on it, the inside (near the stairs) will a small voodoo shop (Looking a bit in troll style, with a fortune teller).
1: Captain's area: Just heavenly guarded will a captain on the steer.

This is the main idea how the city will look, this will be the start. If it gets a success maybe the city can be expanded, but it's not necessarily

Jobs:
•Smuggler [A smuggler would be someone who trades illegal goods inside the normal cities, things like drugs, example: Snuff]
•Bounty hunter [The council will decide which people form a threat to the Brotherhood, these can be putted up as bounty.(it doesn't need to be necessarily a player, It can also be a NPC who could get a bounty)]
•Slaver [Someone who forces people with violence into a slave]
•Pirate [General peasant, it would be someone who got accepted inside the city, and is free to do any quests]

Council:
The pirate council will be the leaders from the Pirate City, they will decide everything trough votes. They will also make the “Pirate Rule Book”. They will usually have meetings inside the Pirate City.

Economy:
The pirates will be able to keep their city up from all the smuggling, slavery around the cities. This would be the main thing to keep their currency up. You can also earn money inside the pirate coven, there will be an small arena where you can bet on people. The jobs will be handed out by the council.

Religion:
None at the moment

History:
None at the moment

My motivation:
The main idea about all this would be to have a city for the little villains under us. To have a safe place to discuss about murders, smugglings, slave market, …
If I could be one of the council, I'd be happy to keep on writing quests for the people inside the city, to help them for the IC currency. It would be a total new idea to stimulate RP and IC currency.

This is what I have so far (more will soon come), I'd like to develop a whole new lore about it, I hope I can get the GM's attention for this. Tough I'd like to be the one leading this project to work these ideas out, any suggestions are welcome.
Most awesome signature of Cap'n Scila! Check check check!

Spoiler:
[Image: f7247.png]
I agree with this idea 101% percent of the way. :)

It could bring a deeper feel to the crime, rather then the crime just being 'there' like in booty bay.
That's the main idea of this actually, a little deeper feeling crimes. So it wouldn't be a random act of your character, but a group of people who do crimes for a reason :)

Spoiler:
I don't think a lot of us are fond of making a "bad guy" city. First and foremost, it doesn't fit wow lore. The closest place is Moonbrook, and currently there are no plans to modify the place to be "character friendly".

At the moment, you can join the Bloodsails as a faction. They are a group of pirates that oppose the Cartel.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rensin Wrote:I don't think a lot of us are fond of making a "bad guy" city. First and foremost, it doesn't fit wow lore. The closest place is Moonbrook, and currently there are no plans to modify the place to be "character friendly".

At the moment, you can join the Bloodsails as a faction. They are a group of pirates that oppose the Cartel.

I was more thinking of a way to make it fit into the WoW lore, that's what I try to do, developp my own lore about it. And I don't mean to be character friendly, it isn't necesarry its just to stimulate the RP around the city.

And Bloodsails? :p they are a joke to RP with

Spoiler:
The captain of a ship rarely handles the wheel. It just looks good in Pirates of the Caribbean. They have a Helmsman for that, the captain simply tells them where to go with informed decisions from the navigator(s).

Anyways, I think that Booty Bay could just be used for this. But have the Goblin Bruisers not at certain places, to allow this crime to take place. Booty Bay is, after all a pirate/sailor city. If you're an avid Pirates fan, I think of it as Tortuga where everyone is always drunk, theres constant bar fights, and alot of trade. A 'free port' as they call it.

There isn't a place for bar fights, etc, in game [when I was last on, quite a while ago] and so could we not just modify Booty Bay. A tiny amount.

What I'd propose would be for the highest tier of the city, and the inn, to be devoid of Bruisers.
Ben Wrote:The captain of a ship rarely handles the wheel. It just looks good in Pirates of the Caribbean. They have a Helmsman for that, the captain simply tells them where to go with informed decisions from the navigator(s).

Anyways, I think that Booty Bay could just be used for this. But have the Goblin Bruisers not at certain places, to allow this crime to take place. Booty Bay is, after all a pirate/sailor city. If you're an avid Pirates fan, I think of it as Tortuga where everyone is always drunk, theres constant bar fights, and alot of trade. A 'free port' as they call it.

There isn't a place for bar fights, etc, in game [when I was last on, quite a while ago] and so could we not just modify Booty Bay. A tiny amount.

What I'd propose would be for the highest tier of the city, and the inn, to be devoid of Bruisers.

Agree. would work too, and the 2 shops on the highest tier is where they can buy/sell smuggling wares. It are excellent shops for it, perhaps put up some NPC's from pirate's day (WoW event) in that area then? It would be great to have barfights, Its like a dream come true.

Spoiler:
I'm going to say no. Booty Bay is -really- tight around piracy, unless it's their own, or the Blackwater guys. This sort of RP just isn't condoned here right now. Maybe in the future we'll have a place, but doing this in a major city and ignoring guards is -not- the way to go about doing so.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Hmm...I'm just liking the idea of a free city. If we can't have bar fights in Steamwheedle bars until Cata where we can produce fake I.D...then where else? What came to mind immediately was Shattrath. In a quest line involving that city, you have a bar fight at the World's End Tavern and kill the demon involved. So, the Lower City, home to the scum of Outland is an option but there are no piratical or generally outlawish bases for Azeroth.

I reckon we could scour the coastlines for a place with a dock or two thats free. Not a city, because that's what Cata will bring to us with the emergance of the Goblins. If I remeber correctly, there is that small place behind Gnomeregan, which could be used as a storage base for a small pirate company. But the islands in the South Seas could also be used as a sort of hide out, and I'm sure you know which ones I'm talking about.

By the by, I have not mentioned spawning NPCs or ships, because Cata should be out soon, right!
The Tortuga of WoW. I like it. A nice start for a player run city and economy. If I could make a suggestion: Have only enforcers played by players (the guards). I actually find this perfect because I had happened to roll a character I intended to be a pirate last night for rp in BB/Ratchet....But now I have a more interesting place to play at with him, hopefully.

-Michael
-Michael

[Image: badge.jpg]
WTF is up with this? ^
This is an interesting idea that I can support. It'd be nice to have a place where seedy things and general evil can just be located, rather than have a town full of goodie two-shoes all the time :P. (Excuse the standard comic book bad guy lingo)
Aanya Ambersong- The conflicted Soldier of Fortune.
Julianah Graven- The fanatically self righteous Zealot of The Light.
Shaavi- The Fighter who is willing to test her mettle against everyone, and everything.

"Keep an open mind, it'll do you good."
Yea, it sounds promising. I could think of events between the cartel and this town as well. Bloodsail and cartel hate each other..maybe this would be an opportunity for conflict or competition between this group and cartel...
-Michael

WTF is up with this? ^
Competition in a city would be nice tough, it be like aldor/scrychers, why can't we bring something up like this inside booty bay? ^^

and btw, I don't mean to stimulate murder inside a city, just you can have some fights and such, throw with chairs and stuff in a bar :)

Spoiler:
Maybe this group should just be part of Bloodsail? :twisted: Would means lot of conflict....and there is a bloodsail base already, I believe...would just have to get rep up...then it will be populated with npcs and buildings, which means just some more player friendly buildings would have to be added.

/shrug

EDIT: NVM, its Southsea with the base in lost rigger cove...Bloodsail has ships ...If folks wanted to go that route of being bloodsail, could build on the coast where the ships are....I think it would be cool to either have this group part of the southseas or bloodsail...but thats just me
-Michael

WTF is up with this? ^
Maybe we should have an teleport portal near scalawag point? and edit the isle a bit, so people can't die with the high lvl bears and stuff :)

Spoiler:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neutral Goblin City Harmonic 42 6,404 11-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Caravan
  What happened to that "Lawless City" idea? Jurkey 72 7,387 01-24-2011, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Pirate Ship (northrend model) Zukaza031 0 653 06-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Zukaza031
  Man Overboard! (Pirate Ship Troubles) (SOLVED) slothahoy 3 785 01-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Last Post: slothahoy