The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Pirate City
Okay, then I perfectly understand why you wouldn't want to get this done right now.

However, an idea to put on hold for after the restart, perhaps...
kk I understand too, so for now the only thing we can do is wait :-) , and thank you all for the support of my idea, I really appreciate it.

So after catalysm we can talk about this right?
Most awesome signature of Cap'n Scila! Check check check!

Spoiler:
[Image: f7247.png]
Cataclysm is a while away... No point planning stuff for it.
The worlds a roller coaster,
And I am not strapped in,
Maybe I should hold with care,
But my hands are busy in the air.

Like Father, Like Son. The path of a Beastmaster.
As said many times before.
Cata is on the way, no need to make more "clutter" before then and of course before the restart where we would have to rebuild so much or just do it for nothing then have Cata pop right up afterward. Best that we just stay calm and let the server progress slowly into the storyline ahead of us.

Although it may seem like a fun idea. A pirate city as said also before would fall out of use quickly as time passed. Look at Stromgarde, people stopped going there once the intrigue left. So, even there it may occur and sadly the Karazhan crypts may soon suffer the same fate or later on suffer it. Then again, things may work out, but it best not to test your luck right before the shadow of a restart.
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
I'm gonna' repeat what I said previously. Trawl the coast lines for an abandoned dock, and give this a test run for a little while! Invest your in game gold into the idea because this IS really a business for the council. Got a death knight? Just run along the shore line with path of frost on. It doesn't take long, you could have it done in a day, solod. Even less if you employed friends. So TRY IT! As somebody else said, you can't knock it until you try it.

Rensin, if everythings getting reset soon, then if this flumps its better to have it in the past, and no longer there. So it doesnt make a fresh scar on the land for the restart. But what I'm saying here is do it without GM input initially, and see how it goes. IF it works, and i sincerely hope it will, then we could gradually expand upon the site.

The best thing about this idea, is that it's about expansion, not filling like Stromgarde was. The site of Strom was GIGANTIC. Big enough to rival the smaller cities of Azeroth. Now look at those cities. Stormwind, Silvermoon and the Undercity are the only ones used. And even then its to a limited extent. So we only want the place as big as the player base using it. Entirely proportional. If people leave, a town rule could be that their 'house' or the equivelant is burned to the ground. This way, we arent left with a mark, like the Arathi Highlands is now.

Yes? No?
No. Not right now, like I said. The Cartel would also try to eliminate them.

Edit: Not to mention, we are going to start nixxing so many "SUPER CUSTOM" areas, like on the large scales of Strom or the Rachet arena. It wastes resources, and tends to detract from the already existing locals in game. If anything, we are going to spruce up existing locations, and make them accessable to people.

For now, hang tight. We aren't doing any major renevations any time soon. If anything, play with the places we already have up. Want pirates? Use a pirate ship.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

It should also be noted that, unlike Booty Bay, Ratchet does provide amnesty to pirates. So if you're really itching for pirate/hive of villainy and scum RP, then Ratchet is a perfectly good location for it.

At the same time, though, there are always those places that are, y'know, dislocated from society.
Yes, but keep in mind it's usually -their- pirates. Bloodsails or Defias don't fly well with the Cartel, which are the two main pirate factions, and the most logical.

Right now you can't play Defias,though. The only playable factions are ones you can gain Rep with.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Only thing that sucks about Cartel lands..is well..They are owned by cartel..lol. Can't do anything with them. A place like what the OP is talking about would be like the Tortuga of WoW. A Neutral ground for any pirate, a more even playing field. Meaning serious competition with the Cartel since they are practically enemies of every pirate except for Blackwater (whom works for them). Even Blackwater might find a place like this appealing since, again, it's an even playing field. No cartel to reach into their pockets and take from them.

I agree though, expansion should wait until this group attracts members with activity, in a place they choose and actually RP in. -After- reset/expansion. It would take that long, icly, to get the funds and materials needed to do this anyways.
-Michael

[Image: badge.jpg]
[Image: badge.jpg]
WTF is up with this? ^
What one could in theory do is make a pirate guild or something and align themselves with the Blackwater Raiders. The Raiders are a sort of alliance of freebooters and pirates and everything. They're less of an extension of the Cartel and more of a Cartel-sanctioned pirate faction. So, providing you paid taxes to the Cartel and didn't cause trouble, I could see that working instead. And then just do guild RP on one of the pirate ships we already have from the OOC portal.
Yeah that could work too, I mean faldir's cove, it got creat potential of making a pirate city, start small out there.

There just needs to be placed an inn, and some jails, then it be all fine to start RPing around that area
Most awesome signature of Cap'n Scila! Check check check!

Spoiler:
[Image: f7247.png]
Still, there is not that free city, other than the almighty glowing, golden, not even on the same planet, Shattrath. I'd like personally for there to be that small area where you can do whatever the hell you like. Kill, torture, steal, hide, anything. An aligned city to a certain bunch of pirates isn't as practical. Mainly because it wouldn't happen, but also because there are other pirates out there. Don't give up on the idea of a free, well lets not call it a city because it wont be that grand or big, village/town. The haven of all those running from the law, because only the pirate/vagabond's law applys. It could make storylines have an interesting twist.

Oh, and i'm gonna' kill off that idea a little as I write it, in aprehension. LOL ALL THE PEOPLE ARE GONNA RUN THERE TO HIDE! No. Theres still rules, and a properly placed bounty on said individuals head will draw the people of the town/village to drag them out of the walls, and hand them over for the bounty for their own profit. Its a hostile environment, the free world.

Also, i'm gonna drag back to the point on pirate practicalities. Pirates dont have cities to themselves, because then they can be plundered. Best to keep your loot on remote islands in the middle of nowhere, which are known only to the navigator, helmsman, and captain of a vessel. The cove thats been mentioned earlier is one of these hide aways, theres no buildings there. Just a canvas sheet for a small amount of rain protection, some planks for a 'dock' and a cave. It's not a settlement, it's a stop off point.

So there's a few more points to add onto the 'perfect plan' consideration list, thanks for your time ^^
Actually it's not a stop off point... The people in Faldir Cove are stuck there because if they try and sail out, and army of Naga come and rip apart the bottom of their ships. If you do the quest line there, it tells you all about it, and if you look, there are several sunken ships right off the coast of Faldir.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
I did the line, on 5 of my retail characters and attempted it on a couple of my CotH characters. Never really cared much for the storyline, more that the quests were easy, and I could use a cannon. So, perhaps Faldir could be used as the site, but not as a Blackwater Raider town. I'm gonna' definately stick to my earlier point. It would be a good positioning for the village/town, due to the protection of the naga/murlocs, if only incidental. It also makes it a terrible positioning, because nobody wants their ships sank, and be forced to somehow climb up a cliff face, through Stromgarde, and out the other end to try and commandeer a new one. Hmmm.

Until restart, it'd be a nice place to use. I still reckon that when Cataclysm comes all crime RP should be taken to the Goblin city, because it's a premade place pretty much solely created for crime. By the Goblin city, I mean the one in the starter quest line, not the Horde-sanctioned city, because it's Horde-sanctioned! The Goblins are seafarers, so there'll be places for rogues, pirates, and all general ne'er-do-wells. The pirate town could have been "desecrated" by the Catacylsm. Due to the poor building standards of pirates!
Actually, I believe Undermine will be a new capital like Dalaran And Shatrath. Undermine is the underbelly of the world, populated by drug dealers, cut throats, thieves, and lo and behold, pirates. If you've seen the leaked pictures of Undermine, it's absolutely amazing...
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neutral Goblin City Harmonic 42 6,404 11-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Caravan
  What happened to that "Lawless City" idea? Jurkey 72 7,387 01-24-2011, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Pirate Ship (northrend model) Zukaza031 0 653 06-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Zukaza031
  Man Overboard! (Pirate Ship Troubles) (SOLVED) slothahoy 3 785 01-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Last Post: slothahoy