The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Policy Change on Approvals/Vouches and Levels
8) Before you assume things before reading all this, I will make sure everyone knows that I COULD get banned for this. In all Honesty I want to make a difference in the server. 8)

Might as well say this since well, why do I stay here anyway, I've bin denied an account and from what I hear its, Well....Permenent.

But putting a level restriction, and making joining the server this time consuming and difficult. Is making it seem like more work than its worth. Not to make the server or Admin(s) Look bad but....most RPers dont need this. I speak for myself and all others that have bin denied when I say. This server is expecting to much. Expecting us to read these stickies and lore sites. And in the end. Just to be stopped in our tracks at level 50. To many Rules are being put on and more keep coming. I think CotH WoW, should lower not only its standards but some of its rules as well.

I can Understand rules about the RP. And that you want to screen the people who enter the servers. But there are better ways than using your first OPINION. And the OPINION of a team of GMs to say wether or not to let one person on the server or not.

My personal Proposal.

Open up a normal registration page, BUT create a group of Enforcer GMs to make sure the hopefully revamped rules are being followed.

This will reduce the stress of simply creating charecters and accounts. And therefor bring more "fun" RPers into the mix. ALSO from what I have heard from people. I that the Horde is always on a higher level. CUT THIS OUT PLEASE, I know I'm not even on the server but seriously. Its unfair that you would try to level at 16 and have to travel to another place becuase the level 16 place was taken over.

If you want this to happen you MUST Have it go both ways. Alliance must also be advancing.

[Keeping in mind that I only heard about the horde taking alliance. If it already does go both ways, I am sorry.]
"Trapped in endless servitude to a being of greed and sloth."

Kreed Auroh
With all due respect, I think you are overestimating the amount of work that really needs to be done in order to join this server. I completely back the GM's choices when admitting people into the Server, and without the 'screening' process with introductions the value of the RP here would greatly diminish. You may think it is a lot now, but once you get in, it's all the sweeter. Try the system out fully before you make an attempt to knock it.

Also, the horde is not always a higher level, and levels actually really don't matter all that much. There is also a lot of cross-faction RP.
[Image: Signature.png]
Thats my problem, I'm told I will NEVER be allowed in becuase my first app was tainted with frustration.

Kreed Auroh
Well, Vrahn summed up what I was going to say, Though personally, The rules are a bit too leniant. Once your on the inside. It seems like there are people here who shouldn't be. But it is all in opinion.
Then, why are you striking out here? I don't believe the GMs would refuse you entry without a valid reason. Sorry mate, but good luck with wherever you find your RP home.
[Image: Signature.png]
Well even so, like I said, the Enforcer Idea would work. I tested it on my own, lame and very secluded server. :P Anyway, if I get banned for it I hope at least a little bit changes.

Kreed Auroh
I actually (though suffering from the waiting syndrome myself) think the system in place is an EXCELLENT way of keepin' the server good.
In the time I've been waiting for my intro to be reveiwed, I've been updating it, making it better, faster, stronger. Being stopped in your tracks at 50 would be a nonfactor if you were good at RP (not saying that you're not, just saying it because its the whole reason for the level cap) this is because being able to rank up is brought through pier reveiw.

If you're one of those people who feel they must be super powerful to RP, I pity you.

They have every right to expect that an RPer* would read the stickies, especially when its asked only about 20 billion times.

A good RPer, a quality RPer, should ALWAYS know the lore of what they're RPing

Just my two copper.
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Hunter - Play Free Online Games

You'd tear it all apart, we got it.
Thinking that you are stopped in your tracks at 50 is just more proof that you haven't read everything you need to. Thats what the character profiles are for, and if you make one like you are supposed to you don't have to worry about leveling at all. I don't see why you've come back just to say all this when you were denied a good while ago.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
Wait... are you speaking to me or him? I never said we get stopped in our tracks at 50, I was trying to explain that through peer review(vouches and profiles) you could break the level 50 barrier. Sorry if I made you misunderstand Mikain.

EDIT: No need to reply, my reading skills are what need work!

Him, not you, heh.
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
bleuz Wrote:Wait... are you speaking to me or him? I never said we get stopped in our tracks at 50, I was trying to explain that through peer review(vouches and profiles) you could break the level 50 barrier. Sorry if I made you misunderstand Mikain.
(( He was talking to ace ))

But while im here again. Denials are thought out amongst the GM's. They always have a reason for acceptance/denials.
*Prays to the gods of "CotH" that he gets accepted*

Yes I know, once you have your vouches you can get above 50.

My problem is that one team of GMs is a tainted method of screening. My app was rejected without hesitation, without a thought. It took litarally about 1 minute for me to get denied. And I was never given a chance to redo my first account application. So its just slightly aggrivating that it takes a long time to get eccepted, but two minutes to say

"That guy sucks lets not let him in, and not tell him why."

My first application was made after a longer and nicer one, but my computer lost connection before I could send it. Yet I am still not able to get on.

[I'm under the impression that once your denied, your screwed. If thats wrong than somebody clarify this please. Or at least point me to this revised rule book.]

Kreed Auroh
aceofspades247 Wrote:Yes I know, once you have your vouches you can get above 50.

My problem is that one team of GMs is a tainted method of screening. My app was rejected without hesitation, without a thought. And I was never given a chance to redo my first account application. So its just slightly aggrivating that it takes a long time to get eccepted, but two minutes to say

"That guy sucks lets not let him in, and not tell him why."

My first application was made after a longer and nicer one, but my computer lost connection before I could send it. Yet I am still not able to get on.

[I'm under the impression that once your denied, your screwed. If thats wrong than somebody clarify this please. Or at least point me to this revised rule book.]

Excuse me? The GM's always have a reason. They state it everywhere, if you would take the time to read... That they do not have to give you a reason! They all think on it. Give each other the situation from their point of view. Then they agree on something. So dont try to pull that on us. Also, Only post it in one place!! No this doesn't belong in news either.
Regardless, you should've been taking the time that you were so generously given by their length in reviewing it to spruce up your thread. I know I have.

Who am I to say though, I know not what you did wrong, I just know that you're tainting the haunt I frequent now-a-days (these forums) so, stop with the taintn'!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changes to the Resurrection System & Character Death Policy Loxmardin 5 3,131 11-21-2013, 05:00 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Guard Policy Elaboration Kretol 1 1,292 09-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Mezrin
  Character Warning and Player Guard Policy Changes Grakor456 18 5,205 07-21-2011, 04:27 AM
Last Post: BountyHunter
  Wiki URL change Kretol 3 1,457 03-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  New Policy- Resurrection Mikain 14 3,728 01-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Last Post: stompkins