The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Posting on the forums...
...is a pain in the bum for me.

Two problems I'm having:

1. Severe lag while typing, even now it's taking a few seconds for me to see the words I'm typing.

2. When typing enough so that the scroll bar to the right becomes necessary, it'll go crazy, moving itself, and not letting me see the text I'm writting below. It'll move back down for each letter, but then jump back up once said letter has finally shown up in the box.

Now, normally I'd blame my computer, and that may very well be the problem, but I'm an active member of a few other forums and none of them give me this problem. :(

Other than buying a new computer, any suggestions?
Have you tried using a different browser? Without sounding too smart, I think that may be the cause too.
Hmm, well, google chrome works just fine for me, I find it more comfortable to forum with than explorer, for different reasons than nexussphere has stated, though.
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
A lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust, causing inflammation in the lungs.
...stoopid Internet Explorer.

Firefox works fine. Thanks for the suggestion, guys. :D
nexusphere Wrote:...stoopid Internet Explorer.

Firefox works fine. Thanks for the suggestion, guys. :D

I'm happy it solved the problem. You're welcome!
Quote:2. When typing enough so that the scroll bar to the right becomes necessary, it'll go crazy, moving itself, and not letting me see the text I'm writting below. It'll move back down for each letter, but then jump back up once said letter has finally shown up in the box.
I had the same problem too. Firefox yayy!
[Image: opera-logo.jpg]

I'm not a very subtle person, I guess.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
I have the same problem with Internet Explorer (8). I use Google Chrome and it doesn't bother me then. I dunno what it is. But it sucks.
I had this problem too for a short while, but I thought it was because I had a recent virus problem. But yeah, I kept using Internet Explorer 8 and eventually it began working just fine.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forums: 403 Forbidden Piroska 0 572 08-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Piroska
  Posting Pictures Presidium 9 1,368 11-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Presidium
  I can't see attachments on the forums. TwilightDisciple 4 1,001 05-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Last Post: TwilightDisciple
  Firefox and the forums. grembomb 12 2,129 04-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Last Post: grembomb