11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 434
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3002
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 86051
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2576
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Pre-Worgen Gilnean RP
So, with the Cataclysm upon us, we now have our Worgen models, items, locations and the like. I'd like to RP the origins of our characters, and some of them would benefit from being RP'd together before they get cursed, so as to establish relationships, personalities, and the likes. With the timeline for the server lore up in the air, and with many expectant events to move through the transition, taking a step back in the calendar for a little bit for the sake of good RP seems just fine.

Until the official release of Cata, I'm going to scout out potential locations for such RP on the server. I'd prefer somewhere a little smaller and obscure, personally, but if tons of people want to join in and would strongly prefer a more urban setting, we could do that, too.

So, anyone want to join me?
[-] The following 5 users Like Dae's post:
  • Kage, Thoradin, PhilGobatto, sunday12321, Kira13
PM
Maybe if I get my worgen character ready and finish downloading the Cata torrent. It's still in 38.6%...
PM
OK, so I'm a bit stumped as to where a good RP location would be- we could potentially try Pyrewood Village or Greymane court, or just find a fully built town from elsewhere and pretend it had gilnean architecture.

Maybe a GM could be persuaded to clean up an existing gilnean settlement, but for now, I think we should just go ahead with the RP for the sake of RP.

Any suggestions on where you'd prefer?
PM
There is that little Gilnean place off the south coast of the Blasted Lands. Could always try that.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
PM
That's named Surwich, muhaha. But it has worgen and night elves.

Pyrewood, you say? Aren't there hostile mobs?
PM
(04-23-2013, 10:21 AM)PhilGobatto Wrote: That's named Surwich, muhaha. But it has worgen and night elves.

Pyrewood, you say? Aren't there hostile mobs?

Well, I went scouting around, and Pyrewood itself seems absent of mobs, for whatever reason. Boon for us, I suppose.
PM
Then Pyrewood is obviously the best option, in my opinion.
Cata is at 74% here...
PM
(04-23-2013, 10:25 AM)PhilGobatto Wrote: Then Pyrewood is obviously the best option, in my opinion.
Cata is at 74% here...

The only thing is, there's no real tavern or meeting area indoors in Pyrewood, or most Gilnean places in general.
Perhaps a theme in the RP could be "Evacuation and travel"? XD
PM
Oh! I just remembered why these seemed familiar! http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-Worgen. I remember you saying you wanted to do this as well. So in return, I offer myself to help should you want it. Also, relevant to this as well, perhaps those here before the change are those who get turned into the pack in your idea here.

(08-15-2012, 11:05 AM)Dae Wrote: What I would like to see, in terms of Worgen story stuff, is maybe other characters capturing and giving them the magic space juice that makes them not crazy wolf dudes. After all, not everyone can be cured by the King himself.
A handful of feral worgen get turned sane, then try to capture and cure all the rest of their former feral pack... Sounds like a fun event to me, and gives people a nice way of fleshing out their character history.
PM
(04-23-2013, 10:28 AM)Dae Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 10:25 AM)PhilGobatto Wrote: Then Pyrewood is obviously the best option, in my opinion.
Cata is at 74% here...

The only thing is, there's no real tavern or meeting area indoors in Pyrewood, or most Gilnean places in general.
Perhaps a theme in the RP could be "Evacuation and travel"? XD

Wasn't there a town center?
*BING!* Cata at 100%.
PM
(04-23-2013, 10:30 AM)KageAcuma Wrote: Oh! I just remembered why these seemed familiar! http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-Worgen. I remember you saying you wanted to do this as well. So in return, I offer myself to help should you want it. Also, relevant to this as well, perhaps those here before the change are those who get turned into the pack in your idea here.

(08-15-2012, 11:05 AM)Dae Wrote: What I would like to see, in terms of Worgen story stuff, is maybe other characters capturing and giving them the magic space juice that makes them not crazy wolf dudes. After all, not everyone can be cured by the King himself.
A handful of feral worgen get turned sane, then try to capture and cure all the rest of their former feral pack... Sounds like a fun event to me, and gives people a nice way of fleshing out their character history.

Well, if you want to organize a group of Gilneans for some pack/ worgen quest RP, that'd be really cool! With this thread I was more just checking interest for exploring characters before the curse in general, but this could very much become a preamble for that Worgen starter quest you've been wanting to do!
PM
(04-23-2013, 10:40 AM)Dae Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 10:30 AM)KageAcuma Wrote: Oh! I just remembered why these seemed familiar! http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-Worgen. I remember you saying you wanted to do this as well. So in return, I offer myself to help should you want it. Also, relevant to this as well, perhaps those here before the change are those who get turned into the pack in your idea here.

Well, if you want to organize a group of Gilneans for some pack/ worgen quest RP, that'd be really cool! With this thread I was more just checking interest for exploring characters before the curse in general, but this could very much become a preamble for that Worgen starter quest you've been wanting to do!

Heh, I brought it up more or less as a continuation of this. You want to have pre worgen rp, so I offer that when this group eventually becomes worgen, We (Or I if you would prefer I did this, or even you if that's what you want) could continue with your original rp there..

Edit-

I just now see the preamble. Yes! That is what i was going for ^^
PM
(04-23-2013, 10:44 AM)KageAcuma Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 10:40 AM)Dae Wrote:

Heh, I brought it up more or less as a continuation of this. You want to have pre worgen rp, so I offer that when this group eventually becomes worgen, We (Or I if you would prefer I did this, or even you if that's what you want) could continue with your original rp there..

Edit-

I just now see the preamble. Yes! That is what i was going for ^^

It'd probably be better if you took the lead- I'm not particularly experienced in directing RP like this. :P

That being said, it might be good to get @Sol in on this, seeing as she wants to do Firefly with Werewolves later into the Cata server.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dae's post:
  • Kage
PM
I'm having to install Cata again because an error ocurred and wow.exe was missing...
So it'll take some more time for me to play again.
PM
While its not Gilnean arcetecture, Ambermill (south of Fenris Isle) seems like a potentially great place for RP! It has some houses and farmland in various degrees of repair, as well as a town hall and tavern or big house walled up, great for huddling in as the worgens invade! Take a look; what you think?
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest Check: Worgen Family: House Briarthorn Clovis 10 521 01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Clovis