11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 434
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3002
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 86051
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2576
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

'Professor' Claynt Shadowblight [Forsaken Necromancer]
Player: 13kira13

Character Full Name: Claynt Shadowblight

Character In-Game Name: Claynt

Nickname(s): Professor, Teach

Association(s): Undercity

Race: Forsaken (Human)

Class: Polymath, Necromancer (Mage in-game)

Skills and Abilities: A skilled necromancer, Claynt can raise the dead, heal them with the necrotic energies he now posseses, make corpses explode, form shadowballs, spread plague-like spells on his enemies, either weakening them, fatiguing them or even spreading a made disease, attack his enemies' minds with thoughts of fear.

Sex: Male

Hair: Blue, in a dead manner. It stands loose.

Eyes: Hollow

Weight: 82 kgs

Height: 1.75 metres

Usual Garments/Armor: Claynt usually wears a dark robe with a little brooch in a form of a skull, which he usually hides from unwanting eyes. He always has a hood, but usually wears it off; only his black mask, to hide his absent mouth.

Usually carries a normal-looking staff and a tome in his robe's inside pockets, along with a skeletal wand.

Personality:
Claynt is a rather calm and calculated forsaken, as he was in his life. He often chooses not to talk and ignore the people he does not like. Instead, he stares them down with his hollow eyes, appearing exactly like an arched, statue gargoyle whose eyes are absent.

When annoyed, though, he begins threatening people around, saying how he will mutilate them in the most strange ways. He's also found talking about their race's mistakes in the past; a topic, which, most of the times, he makes it annoying, at best.

History: Everything Claynt remembers from his life is that he was raised by a mage, at the border of the now-known lands of the Eastern Plaguelands. The mage, of which Claynt forgot the name of, gave him a little understanding in the ways of arcane, and then books, and a good training. Thus he has started his study into arcane. The lessons were long, and Claynt has reached a quite big age. But, unfortunately, before he would be perfectly understand everything the now-old man could've teach him, he died of a disease, yet unknown.

But Claynt was a curious mage, and did not dwell long on his 'father's death. He soon left, hungering for more knowledge. He turned towards a most peculiar circle of magi, and joined them in no time. They were a rather small group of arrogant magi that chose to delve into everything they find, whatever the nature, even dark ones like necromancy.

And so he began learning more, and more about the magic of the world; he learned about everything, but was most interested in the ways of warlockry, of summoning of demons. But this circle was not without its dangers. At some time after after, Claynt has seen how fel was corrupting him, and decided to give up on it, and become, once again, a mage. It was a very painful process, but after years of torment, he's done it. He managed to turn, once again, to arcane, and leave fel behind. When Claynt was around 80 of age, he was caught for stealing books, and put in chains in a prison somewhere in Lordaeron.

There, he met his end. When the Lich King attacked and killed everyone, the prison was one of the first to be raised, and its inhabitants to be turned undead. And so he was raised as a simple zombie; but this simple zombie was to accompany the prince in many missions.

Finally, the Lich King's power waned, and Claynt found himself back in control of his own thoughts. Soon, he realised he was still shackled, but more powerful than he's ever been. In the months that passed, he has joined other 'survivors' in the Undercity, and joined the Apothecarium.

Inside, he quickly found a mage master, who began teaching him in the arts of necromancy. And soon, Claynt was given the title of necromancer. Though it is only barely accepted by some races, hated by most, he does not care, and he carries on day by day.
"Life is offensive, people; it's brutal, stupid, annoying, dirty, and at the end, ******* pointless. Seriously, folks, you need to get a grip, alright? Relax yourself!" - Foamy

Quote:But Claynt was a curious mage, and did not dwell long on his 'father's death. He soon left, hungering for more knowledge. He turned towards a most peculiar circle of magi, and joined them in no time. They were a rather small group of magi that chose to delve into everything they find, be it arcane, druidism, shamanism or even dark magics, like warlockry.

Two spelling errors, and I'm not certain as there's no time reference explicitly, but could it be clarified as to when they learned of such things? I'm not sure they'd have had exposure to them prior to the Great Wars.

Quote:At an end, Claynt has relinquished his free will, and found himself still shackled, but more powerful than he's ever been. Soon, he has joined other 'survivors' in the Undercity, and joined the Apothecarium.

The tense seems to switch here, and what is meant by 'relinquishing his free will'? To whom?
PM
Also, the Forsaken hate necromancy. They only accept it because it can repair them etc.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Quote:But Claynt was a curious mage, and did not dwell long on his 'father's death. He soon left, hungering for more knowledge. He turned towards a most peculiar circle of magi, and joined them in no time. They were a rather small group of arrogant magi that chose to delve into everything they find, whatever the nature, even dark ones like necromancy.

Quote:Finally, the Lich King's power waned, and Claynt found himself back in control of his own thoughts. Soon, he realised he was still shackled, but more powerful than he's ever been. In the months that passed, he has joined other 'survivors' in the Undercity, and joined the Apothecarium.

Quote:Inside, he quickly found a mage master, who began teaching him in the arts of necromancy. And soon, Claynt was given the title of necromancer. Though it is only barely accepted by some races, hated by most, he does not care, and he carries on day by day.

Edited.
"Life is offensive, people; it's brutal, stupid, annoying, dirty, and at the end, ******* pointless. Seriously, folks, you need to get a grip, alright? Relax yourself!" - Foamy

Initial.
PM
I know Grakor said that one could be a -mage- studying Necromancy and even then I'm unsure if flow-blown skills are allowed. I'm also unsure if this pertains to warlocks as well. As such, I'd like a GM to look this over and give an opinion.
PM
You are reffering to
Quote:Inside, he quickly found a mage master, who began teaching him in the arts of necromancy. And soon, Claynt was given the title of necromancer. Though it is only barely accepted by some races, hated by most, he does not care, and he carries on day by day.
, right ?

For a warlock to learn how to be a necromancer, they would basically have to no longer be addicted to fel (read this as: Pass through incredibly difficult and painful ritual) aaand relearn their magi skills, to then specialize in Necromancy.

Assuming they were mages at all. If not, they'd have to learn everything.

Arcane and Warlockery are quite different, mind. That said, assuming that it's also a variant of a -mage-, one could argue it borders on multiclassing.

But all in all, I share Reigen's doubts and everything I'm saying here might be inaccurate. Time to bug a GM for a response.
PM
For all it's worth, I talked to Bounty about it on OOCC. And he said that not all warlocks need to be addicted to fel, or even use it.

Therefore, I can proudly say that Claynt never used fel so much that he'd become addicted. I even RP'd him so. I cannot vouche for Nexi's memory, but I know he told her (Kimee) that he was arcane-based.

He's eighty years old. An "uncorrupted warlock" is really hard to come by at this age. It'd almost be lore-figure worthy, to put it that way.

And if he doesn't use the skills of a warlock (As most of them would require fel, in the first place) why is he not a mage?
PM
I'm pretty sure he's saying he's not actually a warlock, but rather a shadowmage instead.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Due to some warlock/necromancer bits, I have retconned Claynt as being a warlock post-undeath.
Here's the altered history from the profile:
Quote:And so he began learning more, and more about the magic of the world; he learned about everything, but was most interested in the ways of warlockry, of summoning of demons. But this circle was not without its dangers. At some time after after, Claynt has seen how fel was corrupting him, and decided to give up on it, and become, once again, a mage. It was a very painful process, but after years of torment, he's done it. He managed to turn, once again, to arcane, and leave fel behind. When Claynt was around 80 of age, he was caught for stealing books, and put in chains in a prison somewhere in Lordaeron.

Expect this, nothing was changed.

Edit his warlock spell proficiencies to adapt to his new class status and you'll be free to go.
PM
Of course.

I mean... DOH!

Done. :D

Approved, then.

Sorry, not yet.
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Peer] Nikola Fletcher [Human Necromancer] FlyingSquirrel 7 288 06-29-2014, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Dilly
  Chaundre Thomas [Noble] [Human] [Necromancer] Cressy 8 194 11-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Zhaei
  Gregori Jkorvi [Rewrite, Undead Necromancer] Thoradin 5 181 08-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Rini
  Cedric Aurilen [Human Necromancer] Vrahn 4 180 06-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Last Post: JVNemesis
  Nessari [Draenei Necromancer] Rosencrat 2 217 06-06-2013, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin