The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Profile Template update
Hello, CoTHians!

As the title suggests, I am here to present to you all with a change in the profile template that was discussed a bit ago, but not yet brought to light officially. The change is very minor and should be rather easy to get used to.

So, what's the change?

Weight is now optional! You can include it if you feel like it, but it's not necessary for the profiles approval. Height was changed to Scale/Height. Rather than having to type your height in exacts, you can simply provide the scale and add an exact height if you wish. Scale is required, but height is purely optional like weight and alignment.

Remember that scales above 1.1 and below 0.9 require a good reason as to why the character is so abnormally tall/short. These reasons should be listed out in this section or within the profile itself. Scales above and below that range should be a rare thing, all things considered, so please take that into account when creating a profile for your character. To get an idea on how to describe your height, we have this chart below:

Quote:Abnormally Short: 0.89-0.85
Short: 0.95-0.9
Average: 0.96 - 1.04 [Wider range here on purpose.]
Tall: 1.05 - 1.1
Abnormally Tall: 1.11-1.15

The profile template is here: [The wiki is updated as well]

Quote:Player:

Character Full Name:

Character In-Game Name:

Nickname(s):

Association(s):

Race:

Class:

Skills and Abilities: (Only necessary if there are any abnormal/notable skills/abilities for the character's class)

Sex:

Hair:

Eyes:

Scale/Height: (Scale range between 0.85-1.15. Height optional.)

Weight: (Optional)

Usual Garments/Armor:

Other:

Alignment:(Optional.)

Personality:

History:

Why the changes?

Convenience for the most part. We have players who use the imperial system and players who use the metric system and forum helpers who only know one or the other. Sometimes, it's a real hassle to keep converting the two to make sure it's the proper scale and matched the weight for that height. This way, everyone is on the same page at a first glance. There were also many disputes on what scale was what height and different opinions on how it should be done.

This should hopefully help speed up the process of writing and approving profiles, as there is no need to check beyond the scales. It's not much at first glance, but it is a start.

Edit: The change is not retroactive. All old profiles can keep the template they currently have unless they wish to update. All new profiles must follow this.

As always, I am merely making the announcement, the changes were a team effort!
(10-04-2013, 11:08 AM)Reigen Wrote: As always, I am merely making the announcement, the changes were a team effort!

Yes. My team effort. :|

I'm just kidding.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
I hope this is neither too late nor off-topic, but I'd really like the GM team to consider an actual 'appearance' section. I've always found the hierarchy of clothes/equipment ... For some reason having their own dedicated section, but what the person actually looks like being relegated to 'other'. It's always struck me as a problem that's been in the template for years - but everyone's either become anesthetised to it or it's too much of a problem to shift it, since all the existing profiles use the existing thing.

But I really think replacing 'other' with 'appearance' or adding 'appearance' as an entirely new section is the kind of thing that players'll appreciate - and not just me, I swear! Promise. Don't hurt me.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
I tend to remove the 'Usual Grament/Armor' in favor of just a whole appearance section. This tends to be my own template [but is not the official one]:

Character Full Name:

Character In-Game Name:

Nickname(s):

Association(s):

Race:

Class:

Skills and Abilities: (Only necessary if there are any abnormal/notable skills/abilities for the character's class)

Sex:

Hair:

Eyes:

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Everyone is free to add on and change up the template so long as it follows the same basic format and includes all the required information.
(10-04-2013, 08:49 PM)Reigen Wrote: I tend to remove the 'Usual Grament/Armor' in favor of just a whole appearance section. This tends to be my own template [but is not the official one]:

Character Full Name:

Character In-Game Name:

Nickname(s):

Association(s):

Race:

Class:

Sex:

Hair:

Eyes:

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Everyone is free to add on and change up the template so long as it follows the same basic format and includes all the required information.

This is neat. I'm gonna do this from now on!

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Cool.
Do we need to update our old profiles?
(10-04-2013, 11:08 AM)Reigen Wrote: Edit: The change is not retroactive. All old profiles can keep the template they currently have unless they wish to update. All new profiles must follow this.
You don't need to, no. This is just for future profiles in order to completely remove height-to-scale conversion issues that we've had in the past. It's more straightforward this way, but those who already have their profiles approved are unaffected by this change unless they absolutely want to remove Height in favour of Scale. (If you want to make that kind of change to an already approved profile, drop us a notification in PD.)

EDIT: Delta, stop being so fast.
@Nymus

Reigen Wrote:Edit: The change is not retroactive. All old profiles can keep the template they currently have unless they wish to update. All new profiles must follow this.

HEROES TO THE RESCUE.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
(10-05-2013, 07:22 AM)Loxmardin Wrote: : Delta, stop being so fast.

[Image: tumblr_inline_mqsgznjjcG1qz4rgp.gif]

Thanks, y'all!
Don't we have guides for height and weight? I don't see or understand the necessity for these changes. There's more important details to be concerned of in profiles than lol height and weight. Like seriously guys? It sounds as if you guys are trying to further dumb down the already "hold your hands" profiling system that is already in place.
I've got to agree with Cassius to an extent, I don't see the reason for these unnecessary changes. Is it really that difficult for someone to do a little bit of research into what height/weight their character should be?

I suppose it'd make sense changing it to 'scale' instead of 'height' because of those characters who are six foot tall, but are scaled to maximum.
At the same time, people complain that the profile system is unnecessarily strict and difficult. This was just a small change to prevent repeats of past complications (and when I say "past", that is since the introduction of the ".scale") and I'm not quite sure why people are making a big deal out of it. This should make things smoother and remove many potential problems. There are many things we could be fixing, but this is one little "fix" that was being discussed.

Hopefully it won't cause any problems.
Uughhh. I'm gonna keep my mouth shut on this one.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]