The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Promoting RP
Heya all,

So. Just some thoughts on my return to CotH. The changes made by the GMs have been fabulous. They do their part to promote story arcs and give challenges. However, I find it next to impossible to find RP without spamming the LFG channel with "Where's da RP??" Which I refuse to do =p

I tend to just hop on Bella and wander, accepting random opportunities when they present themselves. I'm content to do this normally, however...

NO ONE IS EVER IC. Seriously. This is an RP server. Why is everyone OOC 90% of the time? The RP that does happen is limited and I'm certainly not one to shove my character where she wouldn't be.

So I guess my suggestion is for more IC immersion. I know it is more challenging to have to farm shards and instances for mats and level professions and travel all ICly. But it is also more realistic and will undoubtedly lead to more unplanned and interesting RP situations. To have to decide and abide by how your character might do these tasks ICly gives a whole other dimension to the RP that is happening currently. And if kinda forces us to interact more. Which is kinda the point ya?

This really occurred to me after Qaza's April Fools joke. I was thinking of how the Grue would be really cool and all but no one is ever out in the World ICly anyways so what's the point. If we were, I actually think this would be a fantastic idea. Especially if GM controlled. Random attacks (though non-fatal generally) on citizens of Azeroth would do wonders for promoting story and plot.

Yes my grammar in this post sucks :P I'm kinda thinking out loud.

~Bella
Isebella Drudaen - Merchant, entrepreneur and fire mage.
Drusilla - Shadow Priestess and Mistress of all things sadistic.
Non... non-fatal? Oh, oh, yep, that's what I had planned. Absolutely. Uh-huh.

Anyhow, the rules do state that ALL channels, outside of /LFG, /adult, and guilds (as determined by the specific guild), are IC. I've been a little disappointed that Shatterspear and the areas linked to it seem to be considered OOC zones, especially when so many people travel to them and gather there. I admit I've been guilty of this myself from time to time, and I intend to shape up.

On a related note, if you are OOC, and there are people roleplaying in the area, DO NOT USE /say FOR OOC. YES, EVEN IN BRACKETS. Mind your manners.

I would be interested to hear other suggestions on this topic.

Edit: Linkage to the rules.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Usually, when I have my character kill something, it is completely IC. I have Rensin on a routine every morning...he consider's it his "Guild Duty" to go to the Farms, Clear them from whatever is plaguing them, and to the Emerald Dream, and clean up the dragons.

I suggest that if your going to kill something, why not make it cooler, and have it be IC? I mean, honestly, what's the point of bashing something on an RP server if all you want is the gold?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Bishnak is IC 95% of the time, his nature prohibits me from running wild though.

Jonathan usually wanders around Stormwind ICly as well.
I'm IC 24/7, if I see someone, I'll generally have my character have some brief passing with them. My main's just been in jail...for sometime now. I've honestly found being IC and RPing out professions to be pretty fun.
You can't wax that.
I'm always IC except for when in Shatterspear. I cut through to buy a few things and jump right back out. I can see why it would be a good RP spot. I never had the urge to do so, however.
˜★Sketch Blog
I think Shatterspear is one of the major problem spots, and I'd like to state again that the /say channel is IC EVERYWHERE. If you want to talk to a group of people OOC'ly, join a party or raid group, or take it somewhere that's not a major meeting place. There are no designated OOC areas, and if there were, Shatterspear would definitely not be one of them.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I usually like to set a routine for myself. For Chay, when I was bored and BB was empty, I would run her on contract patrols up and down the STV road. Shade runs between villages in the Barrens and Durotar doing her volunteer work. All IC, and it put me out there while I looked around for where something was happening. I have my friends, and of course, I always networked with them to set something interesting up, even if it was just idle IC chat.

Having a neutral-faction home base helps, and lets people find you easier. Rachet and BB are my hubs, and I really don't go anywhere else too often (unless it's a trip to Bella's farm, which I make regularly with both of my chars). The world is too big for this small a server, so you have to pick a home where people are at, and design characters who will fit in there and can participate.

Living a home in the middle of nowhere, or staying in far-off places will just limit your exposure to others. It is a trade-off that requires sacrifice, and you may not be able to create the character you dreamed of; but for me, I would rather create average, working-girl characters that play well with others in places I can meet people; than I would a loner, world-hating evil mastermind locked away in a remote tower. Again, this is just me, but I value playing with others more than creating perfect characters.

One thing Tradewind loved to do was be neutral-party mercs for hire for instance runs, we did ZG many times IC with friends, or even people contracted with us to get them book drops (or other items) from different parts of the world on some sort of time-limit or schedule. Even though we were just running instances (and having fun), we were there for a IC-RP reason, and working for a real player on the server (even if the drops were just junk meant to hand over or even just link at the end).

Of course, people had to hire us, but that could be done IC, through the mail, or even forum PM's. You got to use the forums, and let people know what you're up to! Writing stories and character updates helps too, and don't forget submitting screenshots of events. Again, we weren't playing ideal characters, just average mercenaries, but we met a lot of people, got out there and advertised our services, made things happen, and had fun.

Well, I know I'm rambling on, but I hope there's some good ideas in here based on what I like to do, and my experiences here.

-Shmoo
Shademoon - Human Priestess, Humanitarian
Chayne - Human Paladin, Tradewind Mercenary