The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

PvP System (Issues brought up on the chat on Wed 08 April)
Since at least one person disagrees with the current IC pvp system which allegedly allows a low level character to be equal in combat against a high level character. So here goes the thread to talk about it:

What is involved in IC pvp, how does everyone go about it and what do they think of it?
Level means nothing in terms of RP.

Lazarus at Level 1 was still combat hardened from his experiences from serving in three wars to say that he wouldn't be able to beat a level 80 untrained undead warrior would be retarded. Yes sometimes it doesn't represent everything but the rolling system is both FAIR and effected. Everyone has a chance to win.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
I prefer Emote fighting over Roll fighting. I trust people I fight against enough to provide a fair fight or if not fair, atleast a realistic fight. I have almost no doubt that everyone is able to make sane decisions about their character and other characters aswell.
Little by little, one travels far.
Isaac and myself were discussing this about a week ago while he was teaching me how to Battle RP. I asked him if it was fair for him, a Paladin in full plate armor and probably a background in battle, to have the same HP and do the same damage as my character who prefers to wear leather at best, and is as close to being a pacifist as is realistically possible.

I suppose all parties involved in the battle should set down rules before engaging in the battle. Some may find it fair and proper for everyone to have 5hp and do 1 damage regardless of the type of armor they wear, the weapon they wield, or their background in combat, other's may want to take another route.

Some ideas might be:

- Those in plate roll once to dodge, if the dodge fails they may roll a second time to absorb the damage.

- Those wielding two-handed weapons attack once every two rounds but do twice as much damage.

- Duel-wielder's attack twice per turn provided the weapons used are one-handed.

- Etc, etc.

These are all things I've used in some of my RP Battles and I've had a lot of fun with them, about as much fun deciding on the rules as the actual fight. But again, the rules should be decided by everyone involved in that fight so as to be able to engage in the battle and enjoy it.
Errata Wrote:I prefer Emote fighting over Roll fighting. I trust people I fight against enough to provide a fair fight or if not fair, atleast a realistic fight. I have almost no doubt that everyone is able to make sane decisions about their character and other characters aswell.

What's said here.
Errata Wrote:I prefer Emote fighting over Roll fighting. I trust people I fight against enough to provide a fair fight or if not fair, atleast a realistic fight. I have almost no doubt that everyone is able to make sane decisions about their character and other characters aswell.
Agreed.

Also, well put nexusphere. I had a few emote and roll battles with accounting for gear, weapon, skill and believe me... it was far more enjoyable and realistic than the normal dull fights. Though this doesn't really apply with new characters that don't have lvl80 to have their proper respectable gear, but despite that, I would agree to RP that a lvl1 is wearing a Tier 7 set if the fight is 100% unavoidable. Level is not a boundary in RolePlay.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boat combat system. FlyingSquirrel 0 1,008 09-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  The Tier System: (A prestige system idea, work in progress) Brutalskars 199 24,273 08-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  I'm having some issues with downloads, but I'll get on ASAP. franzmallalieu 2 730 06-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Dae
  Chat rule clarifications? Harmonic 39 5,939 04-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  No April Fools Joke? :( Terant 26 4,327 04-03-2012, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Krilari