The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Q & A
This post is for any questions you may have about Warcraft Lore, say if you dont quite understand something or you wanted something else cleared up, post a reply here and we will get to you as soon as we can.
I have a question concerning "The Plague of Undeath." It is stated in lore that the fungus in Plaguewood emits a cloud of what might be spores that "corrupt the land and its wildlife. My question: If a living humanoid was to eat of this fungus or inhale a concentrated amount of spores, will he turning into a witless minion of the Scourge?

Thank you for this thread and any responses
The Bard Wrote:If a living humanoid was to eat of this fungus or inhale a concentrated amount of spores, will he turning into a witless minion of the Scourge?

I believe that you would not become undead and rise as a minion of the scourge etc for one simple fact. This fungus and its deadly plague is not the same one created by the Lich King, only with the Lich Kings plague can you turn into one of his mindless zombie servants. I hope that answers your question to your satisfaction. I also hope i am correct :P
Thank you very much for you expedient response.
While I do agree with you, I would like to point out that it is widely believed that the Plaguewood spores can infect you, note;
Quote:Significant evidence exists that the plague is fungal in nature. The best evidence for this is Plaguewood. This is corroborated by the clouds of what may be spore that eminate from vats of the plague. Growths on infected plants and animals also would make this possible. Early infections were mostly due to ingested grain, but proximity does not appear to be infectious.

So while I don't think they'd raise you, you probably would die from the plague if one was eaten.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
Oh yes i agree youll die, but it wouldnt necessarily be the same plague.
Thank friends for your replies, this will aid my role-play I am confident. -The Bard
Two years after the First War, would the SI:7 exist?
"Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life." -Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)
More than likely not as the horde had destroyed Stormwind at that time, its reconstruction would have been much later after the horde were defeated at the battle of the blackrock spire. I believe the SI:7 would have come around the completion, if not later on, of Stormwind keep. But that was an interesting question, Ill take a look into it where I can to give you more/better info.
Well, the Stormwind Assasins have existed for more than 30 years at least, and since the SI:7 and the assassins share(d) leaders they could be the same. No sure though.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

How old is Drek'Thar? (The shaman leader of the Frostwolf clan)
Nostra Wrote:Well, the Stormwind Assasins have existed for more than 30 years at least, and since the SI:7 and the assassins share(d) leaders they could be the same. No sure though.

SI:7 was under a different name, and came back into being after the third war, I beleive.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Im sure that there could be a connection between the two groups, but it would still mean that SI:7 itself wasnt there until afterward. So perhaps the one whom asked the question, probably for fixing profile timeline etc could instead use the Stormwind Assassins?
I completely agree with Rensin and Nostra on the SI:7 question based on what I know about the Warcraft game series and various writings.

My questions would be:

How far did the Humans discover and settle before the first war?

And:

How much land did the Orcs conquer during the first three wars? (Can't access my Warcraft games at the moment, so I can't check really.)
[Image: 17fc015027abf9cda7b6d77b0ebe4fab.jpg]
Since the humans had cities in both the north and south of the Eastern Kingdoms it could be safe to assume they had explored much of the continent. They wouldnt have explored much of kalimdor until the third war.

For the Orc question. I believe by the end of the first war the Orcs had destroyed Stormwind Keep and were preparing to launch their second campaign from the southern areas up at that time. The second war they went through the rest of the south (But did not conquer Dun Morogh) and travelled up to Eversong woods (Near silvermoon). With the help of the Trolls there they managed to burn some of the forests before the humans came and helped them. I remember reading something on Doomhammer (The warchief at the time) And him preparing to eliminate Lordaeron and crush the alliance completely but then came Gul Dans betrayal and so he was forced to retreat. So practically the Orcs managed to go from the south all the way up to the north.

I hope this answers your questions. =)