The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Q & A
Ooh, good! I've been wondering. While i'm not going to make a Kal'Dorei for quite awhile, I like to occupy my free time when not able to do anything but write by writing about idwes for a Kal'Dorei. My Kal'Dorei is about 300 years old or so, a young adult... What i'm at a loss, though, is...

Where the heck did the Kal'Dorei live for all this time? Obviously not Teldrissil, the new world tree, and around Nordrissil, the old tree... but seriously, would Darkshore count? I was thinking I would have her grow up on Azuremyst or some kind of junk like that. The Night Elves did live there some time ago, for some reason. Oh and maybe Desolace... So basically my questions are:

What would Night Elves be doing 300 years ago while the eastern kingdoms are doing their things? How long ago was Descolace deserted? Does anyone know the date of when Azuremyst/'Bloodmyst' was deserted? It isn't like the naga have always inhabited the island since it was Illidan who finally brought them out, well, for the most part. Just the furblogs and lots of pretty moths!

What was Desolace like before the night elves deserted it, also? I have a feeling that Desolace was ravaged by the War of the Ancients, maybe. I really don't know and have a counundrum trying to develop a Kal'Dorei character; they mature so slow!

Edit: Oh, and is there any kind of official reason that females can be druids?? I'm guessing that it started somewhere in the past decade; which is when the third war stuff happened. The Kal'Dorei guide said that the druids [males] slept in their burrows and the females dealt with things, then mentioned how rouges and female druids don't seem to have a reason to exist or something. Confused just a little bit ^-^
Back in the old days, Night Elves had an incredibly strict division between male and females. Males became druids, while women became priestesses and warriors. Desolace would be fairly difficult to inhabit though, as it has been the domain of the centaur tribes for centuries now. I don't exactly know when it became a desert though. I think it might have had something to do with a change of climate after the well of eternity exploded. The barrens was once lush and stuff as well.

Azuremyst and Bloodmyst were generally unknown to night elves and tauren, which is why they didn't really have any settlements on them. Neither are really people who prefer the seas, and you can't see the islands from main land. While there are some night elf ruins, those are all pre-sundering. The only other night elves who live there are some fishing family who seperated themselves from the main land. I wouldn't say the chances of having been born there are very high.

However, some suggestions as to where they could have lived:
Ashenvale, Winterspring, Feralas, Felwood (before the corruption by the burning legion during the third war), Moonglade, Mount Hyjal.
Ah, diddn't know for HOW long the centuar lived in Desolace, I just remember hearing a snippet that the Nelves used to live there. And a snippet that Nelves used to live in azuremyst island. Thanks! That was a super-fast reply!

Theik Wrote:Back in the old days, Night Elves had an incredibly strict division between male and females. Males became druids, while women became priestesses and warriors.

Yeah, I knew that all fine and swell, but now we see female druids. And male warriors, I was just wondering if there was a official reason why, though. Do we say that for this server we restrict the Kal'Dorei as they were in the past without the sudden change in... well, stuff?
I'm guessing the original reason is that during the third war, a lot of druids and warriors perished. On top of that, night elves had to adapt to new times with strange allies. It is why specialized druids like the Druids of the Talon made room for more all-round druids of the Wild, and possibly why the gender diversion loosened a lot.
Thanks for the super fast replies and aid!
Remember also that women with Druidic potential and men without would often be assigned roles not normally compatible with their gender. Men would be warriors or workers, and women might become Druids. There are essentially no male Priests however.
*Raises hand* I'm pretty sure a 300 year-old Kaldorei is still a child by the old night elf-standards. I did go into the Wiki for the stance the server takes on elf age, and it seems we count 300 as adulthood. I'd guess this is because the Night Elves have lost Nordrassil and their immortality all at once, and have had to change their perspective a bit.

Example: If it was found that modern humans in the real world were suddenly likely only going to live a max twenty years more than they already had, and that any children born afterwords were likely only to live to twenty, I think our concept of 'adult age' would undergo a drastic change.

Same for the Night Elves. On the one hand, they're old, world-weary, and are watching the mistakes of the past repeat themselves time and time again. Likely, to many of the much older Kaldorei, this sudden change is a bit jarring and they're unsure how to adapt. On the other hand, the Night Elves know sacrifice like an old drinking buddy, and know how to make changes when it is time.

So if I was making a younger Kaldorei, I'd keep that in mind- thirty years or so ago, you were seen as a child whether or not you were one physically. I mean, could you really look another elf who had stood on Kalimdor when the world was one continent ten thousand years ago and expect to be treated equally, regardless of how similar you looked? Now you don't really know for sure how much longer you have, and in light of that, you're as adult as anyone else.

(Here's the Wikibit.)

CotH Wiki Wrote:Night elf

Adulthood: 300

Middle Age: 500

Old Age: 650

Venerable: 700

Lifespan: 705-1200
-proxeh-proxxi-pr0xx0rz-proxxanne-pro.x.x.x.-proxay-prawckzi-pr0kkles-proxxaganda-pr0kzimity-
[Verdantine] says: I've found eating things given to you by strange elves can lead to magical adventure and the loss of limbs!
Just to add to the discussion, Night Elves have no way of knowing how much longer they will live, given how desperate some of them seemed to build a new world tree, they appear to be expecting themselves to drop dead any moment now. The only ones who might know are the ones who were born before the Sundering, before the days of Night Elven immortality, and heard at that point about Night Elves dying of old age, which with a 1k year long lifespan does seem fairly uncommon. And after ten thousand years of immortality, I doubt anybody still remembers just how long they used to live again before the World Tree popped up.
...WOW!

Thats right, isn't it? I guess that would REALLY help put into perspective the change in their thought process as far as their jobs go, proxy. That will really help alot, thank you!! I have something of an idea for a Kal'Dorei now that I would like to use... although at a later date, when I know the server and its community much, much more. That, and I am not even sure if parts of the idea would work; though it seems fun enough.

Thanks for the help everyone! I am being completely honest when I say that I have never seen such a friendly yet helpful community, making people not afraid to ask questions, like me. It is very refreshing.
CotH Wiki Wrote:Night elf

Adulthood: 300

Middle Age: 500

Old Age: 650

Venerable: 700

Lifespan: 705-1200

The only issue I have with this is that there are plenty of Nelfs that are over 6000 years old. Tyrande and Malfurion are atleast 10,000 years old. They only began to age for atleast seven years now, until the end of the third war they were immortal, didn't suffer from aging or illness and were pretty much the closest thing to a god that a playable race can get. If just seems moronic to me if the server limits the nelfs by the age guide. You'll have a lot of nelfs that just don't seem to be old enough to even be a decent priest/warrior/druid by most nelf standards, seeing as how most Nelf Druids and Priestesses had thousands of years to train. A lot of the nelfs 705-1200 would be treated naive by most of the nelf community.

EDIT: This comes from the WC3:RoC Game Manual. Although these are lore characters I AM using them example. This is the ages listed in the manual:

Illidan Stormrage

Malfurion Stormrage

Tyrande Whisperwind

The manual also mentions that only enough nelfs were born since the War of the Ancients to keep the race alive.
Timothy Willaims VI: I know what this is! You are all racist against bards! Its a conspiracy!
Rorbin: A bard isn't even a race!
Timothy Willaims VI: . . .racist.
Players aren't limited to that guide, there are plenty of Elves who saw the Shifting Sands war or the War of the Ancients.
I've got a question regarding Night Elves and the timeline.

Besides Hyjal, what other major events would a Night Elf in the age range of below 400 years have experienced?
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Nothing notable. The last notable event they had going on before the third war was the War of the Shifting sands roughly a thousand years ago, too long ago for a 400 year old Night Elf to have experienced.
Q: I have a question regarding the Searing Gorge and the like. What is its deal? Did it used to be the site for archeological digs as well as mining operations by the Dwarven people, then taken over by the Dark Iron Dwarves? Or has it always been controlled by the Dark Iron Dwarves? I've done the various quests there for Alliance, and i'm somewhat curious about that in general. Of course i'll be doing my own research, but while I catch up on the server events in the forums after my short absence in Warcraft 3 Island Defense addiction, I might as well bring up this question.

Might be able to formulate a different alliance character depending on the whole deal with the Searing Gorge, maybe!
The Searing Gorge and the Burning Steppes were once the Redridge mountains. But when the Dark Irons summoned Ragnaros the cataclysmic event destroyed the mountains themselves.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]