The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Q & A
Quote:High elves stand slightly taller than humans do. A high elf is usually a little over 6 feet in height and weighs between 100 to 175 pounds, depending on gender. The elves are slim, with sharp symmetrical features, often an exaggeration of perfect beauty. The high elves are uniformly fair in complexion, with white to flaxen colored hair. Their eyes are incredibly intense in color, seeming to glow with an inner light. While many high elves have blue or green eyes (ex. Alleria) ToD 117, violet and red are not unheard of.WoWRPG 36 The structure of high elven eyes (based on artwork) shows that they are generally like humans with a pupil and iris surrounded by "white", but tend to be able to see much farther than humans are capable.
Emphasis mine
Also it is the same race, Blood elves are High elves ( physically ).

From http://www.wowpedia.org/High_elf
Blood Elves and High Elves are -not- the same race. That's like comparing standard Green Orcs and Mag'har and saying they're identical. Blood Elves are corrupted by Fel magic and are irrevocably on a path away from what they once were, just like Orcs are corrupted and cannot return to what they used to be.
Exactly. They are two different races, so don't say they are. Cause they're not. That's like saying Kaldorei, Quel'dorei, and Sin'dorei are the same race. They were at one time, but this whole thing known as 'evolution' and 'adaptation' turned them into seperate races. The whole High Elf - Blood Elf thing just happened a -lot- faster than the Kaldorei - Sin'dorei transformation.
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.
HelveteSong Wrote:Exactly. They are two different races, so don't say they are. Cause they're not. That's like saying Kaldorei, Quel'dorei, and Sin'dorei are the same race. They were at one time, but this whole thing known as 'evolution' and 'adaptation' turned them into seperate races. The whole High Elf - Blood Elf thing just happened a -lot- faster than the Kaldorei - Sin'dorei transformation.

They are all actually mutations from Trolls, too.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rensin Wrote:
HelveteSong Wrote:Exactly. They are two different races, so don't say they are. Cause they're not. That's like saying Kaldorei, Quel'dorei, and Sin'dorei are the same race. They were at one time, but this whole thing known as 'evolution' and 'adaptation' turned them into seperate races. The whole High Elf - Blood Elf thing just happened a -lot- faster than the Kaldorei - Sin'dorei transformation.

They are all actually mutations from Trolls, too.

Pfft, Horde propaganda!

Anyway, I think that physically the High Elves and Blood elves are near identical for now, it's too soon to determine how they will look when the Fel Corruption has taken it's full toll. As it looks now they have already turned either paler or taken on reddish skins tones, eyes glowing green due the fel magic and other pigments are taking on more extremem colours as well. Though more importantly is the cultural differences, where High elves have nothing but hatred and despite for demons and warlocks the blood elves embrace them, albeit as slaves and sources of mana, having them walking on the streets of very Silvermoon. They have no quarrel with using fel magics to sate their arcane thirst (which, although the Sunwell is back, obviously cannot been quelled, they did after all use the most addictive and corruptive form of magic for over a year) or detroying their enemies, where the High elves were slow and deliberate the blood elves are rash, intemperate and ready to take on any means to achieve their golds. One can only assume that with the fall of their beloved mesiah-figure and prince they have only grown more inclined to go to greater lengths to destroy that which threaten to either send them to oblivion or enslave them.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Me have question:

We were bickering on MSN about this and I was wondering... Was Medivh equal in power to Sargeras, or even more powerful? I don't think so but I wanted the word of some more experienced CotH'ers.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Definately not, Sargeras is after all a Titan who has scoured thousands of worlds consuming and obliterating magic and life in all their forms. While he was on Azeroth it was in a very, very weakened state, first as an "avatar" designed for Aegwynn to defeat and then later as a "ghost" or some form of essence that corrupted Medivh from within.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

When Medivh was at his most powerful, he basically -was- part of Sargeras too. That ought to say something about Sargeras that even the smallest part of him in a mortal form can rip open a door to allow hundreds of thousands of Orcs into Azeroth.
This crazy question came up the other day in party chat... And I couldn't really find an answer. Do Night Elves use marriage? I doubt, but...
They have partnerships, and refer to each other, "My mate and I made this descion."
Etc etc
But not classic human marriage.
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
They also put much more of a decision into relationships than short-lived races do. Night Elves decide on a person they're going to spend eternity with, so obviously they don't rush into things (And they do usually take partners for life, even if it isn't institutionalized marriage.).
Mhm. Another thing to the same (almost) subject. Do they have surname changes at the point of this "mateship" being "officially" established?
They don't.
Q : Do we know anything about Draenei Exarchs?

EDIT : And if so - what do we know?
'O happy race of men
If Love who rules the sky
Could rule your hearts as well!' ~ Boethius
Almost nothing, really. There are Exarch NPCs though. Maybe it's a military rank of some kind?