The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Q & A
Hmm... Now, I'm not sure if this is -totally- lore-related, but are Gnomes completely centered on Steam-power, or would they, with proper reasoning, actually be willing to switch to a source that could power something nearly constantly given the right conditions? (Such as Wind Power or Hydro-Electric power?)
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
Esthrunil Wrote:Hmm... Now, I'm not sure if this is -totally- lore-related, but are Gnomes completely centered on Steam-power, or would they, with proper reasoning, actually be willing to switch to a source that could power something nearly constantly given the right conditions? (Such as Wind Power or Hydro-Electric power?)

Steam power is an excellent source of energy because all you have to do is...well, boil water. It could be *possible* that they use other forms of energy, but for the sake of fitting in with the technological niche of the game, it's steam that is top dog.

Also, I personally think that Gnomeregan may have used some sort of Thermal Energy heating source, but this is just my own opinion.
Most tech runs on Phlogiston, which is a collection of gasses condensed into a perfect fuel. It's between steam and internal combustion and has the benefits of each and more.

Edit: Psst, here!

http://www.wowpedia.org/Phlogiston
Well, thank you! This is of great help to me!
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
When a Shaman wishes to use an ability related to a specific element, must the Shaman be in an area where the spirit would be present? For instance, could a Shaman use an ability related to a water spirit if he were in the middle of a desert?

Both of my approved toons are healer classes. Not only that, but they enjoy healing and perform it whenever they are needed. My question is this, does the healer give a part of themselves to the one they are healing? I RP my healers as being somehow weakened after healing through either the Light or Nature, and this weakness is related to how much power was required to perform the healing. I'm not the only one who does this, either. However, I've seen a few toons, level 80's mind you, who literally perform miracles through the Light or Nature healing arts without breaking a sweat. Is one of us wrong, or are we both right? If we're both right, what IC reason is there for being able to do so much so easily?

I was discussing the Light a few days ago, and it was brought up that the rules and code of conduct are different depending on where the Light-wielder learned his/her craft. Is this really the case? I've always thought of the Light as being a sort of omnipresent force, one that would grant a user its power so long as they followed a certain moral code, but to say that said moral code varies for each school implies that there is more than one kind of Light.
Paladins tend to make a sacrifice when dealing with the Light because they ask for its help. Priests actually do expend a portion of their own spirit/mental energy to cast spells, since that's where their magic comes from. Shamans may not always expend their spirit but they expend energy contacting the elements, and they -are- able to contact them anywhere. It will take more willpower and concentration to find a water spirit in the desert however, or a fire spirit on the ocean.
About Night Elf priestesses, I am aware that they don't follow the Light and worship Elune. Having read a lot of shizzle about Night Elves, it is said that Elune's followers are not pacifists, but have the ability to heal. But... Is all that they can do heal? [spell]Starshards[/spell] was removed from the game, but I assume that they can still cast this spell to protect themselves from attackers.

And if the priest is devoted to offensive rather than defensive/healing, what spells do they cast? Smiting spells for the fact that being a priest means that you cast holy shizzle, which is usually connected to light. Or do they cast shadow spells, for the fact the their name is Night Elves, Children of the Stars?

edit: Just came to mind, but does a priestess automatically join the Sisters of Elune? Or is this some elite pwnage organization of kick-ass priestesses?
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
A lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust, causing inflammation in the lungs.
Don't have much time to devote to this answer, but something to consider is the rumour of a "dark side" of Elune, or her dark sister or some such, can't remember where I read this, could simply be from one of the books I've read (think it was part of series that followed a set of souls through different lifetimes) where they had a similar religion. It's an interesting concept anywho.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I'd think they would be casting starish, moonish and such spells. Also, many priestesses who focuse on the offencive are also Sentinels, skilled with the bow, the glaive and such. I fell under the impression that offencive priestesses would use a weapon more often than their shadow magic in battle.

Just my opinion, though.
As far as I'm aware, playing a Sentinel requires a special profile, amirite?
A lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust, causing inflammation in the lungs.
Rubykuby Wrote:As far as I'm aware, playing a Sentinel requires a special profile, amirite?

Whoah! I didn't know that >.< ! I thought that every old-style female Kal'dorei warrior was a Sentinel. -.-
Well, WoWWiki says that it's an elite organization, and well, everything that is elite requires a special profile nowadays.
Sentinels are, in a nutshell, guards and therefore unplayable under any circumstances.
[Image: glarfieldiator_gif_2_by_el_cid_84-d5ebmb1.gif]
Gnomad Wrote:Sentinels are, in a nutshell, guards and therefore unplayable under any circumstances.

Grrr, that's what I get for not paying attention in my Nelf Warrior class. I really thought every warrior got into the Sentinels. I'm gonna go and hide now. D:
But that leaves my question unanswered, how do Nelf priestesses do offensive shizzle? And do they join the Sisters of Elune?