The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Q & A
According to WowWiki, Sisters of Elune are the super special priestesses who survived the War of the Ancients and hold huge political power.
Quote:The Sisterhood of Elune is the highest echelon of the priesthood that serves the goddess of the moon, Elune.

Didn't see anything that would say that they are all survivors of the Legion's first invasion but that would indicate that they are high ranked, maybe should be treated as a special profile then.

For their offensive attacks I suppose they would smite their enemies, just like a priest/ess of the Light would, just that their "magic" would take the form of their own deity- in this case moonlight and such. Make sure to give the divine magic guide a read in the articles and guides forums, might give you an idea of how it should work.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Q:

Would it be possible to create a character that roams the lands doing deeds for people? Somewhat like quests only more petty things? Nothing like "Go kill forty-eight and a half trolls for me."

It would be more like "Well if you can go and gather some <Insert Item Here> from that shady area over there..." Or something like that.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

You mean like... a merc? I don't see why not, heh.

Well I don't mean as in a Merc or somesuch.

I mean like sorta how the game sets up a character.

Start small, no one knows you.

Eventually through your good deeds people start to know you.

Something like that, ya know?

Not really a big bom-bad hero just that one guy people start to know after a while.

That's how most characters start out anywho, as you roleplay other characters will encounter and learn of you, so still see no issues.

Hehe, it's up to you to RP your character into fame with the other PCs. :P
[Image: Signature.png]
Ahhh alright then, thanks for clearing that up somewhat.

Arright. Now I haff a whole bunch of questions.

The green crystals in the Sin'dorei cities. Fel crystals? Or not? Then what? And what are they used for?

Can Blood Elves shape their bodies with their magic? As in, make face prettier/uglier, shorten the nose, mess with the ears, change skin color, heh, even make a "tattoo"? Et cetera. >.>

And finally, about the Orb of Translocation. Who can use it? Every average village Joe or are there restrictions?

:D
dilnikas Wrote:The green crystals in the Sin'dorei cities. Fel crystals? Or not? Then what? And what are they used for?
Yes they are Fel Crystals, they were used to siphon energy from in place of the Sunwell. No they are no longer -needed- by most of society, but some individuals will still use them, and no, I cannot despawn the more obvious ones despite them not being needed. (In case anyone would have asked.)

Quote:Can Blood Elves shape their bodies with their magic? As in, make face prettier/uglier, shorten the nose, mess with the ears, change skin color, heh, even make a "tattoo"? Et cetera. >.>

Very highly doubt it.

Quote:And finally, about the Orb of Translocation. Who can use it? Every average village Joe or are there restrictions?
I'd say the positioning is off IC. The orb would be usable, but the Sunfury Spire would probably be off limits. So pretend it's somewhere more accessible.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Thunk you! :D

So, recently, I ran into a bit of a sticky question.

What is the source for enchanting, and does one need to be a mage to use it?

I'm sure we all know what it does, and I'm fully aware that it uses magic to some extent, but what kind and how much are what I'm questioning.

The Nelfs have enchanting trainers in their cities, which to me implies that enchanting doesn't need arcane magic to work. But, then again, they also have a portal trainer they allow to stay within the bounds of their city as well.

However, going with the original idea, does this mean that any magic-using class can be an enchanter? A druid, let's say, for sake of example: could they be an enchanter? What, exactly, are they using to fuel the process and where is that energy being drawn from?

Secondly, can a non-caster (a warrior, let's say) be an enchanter? Do they need to have knowledge of magic itself to enchant, knowledge of their craft, or are they aspects of the same thing? Must they be able to use magic in a broader sense (conjuring bread, fireballs, moonfire, whatever,) to enchant things, or is it not needed?

What about someone who was, once, a shaman or a priest - someone who's magic relied on their faith or their connection with an outside source. On loosing that source, could they still be an enchanter, or with their powers gone would they lose the ability to enchant things too?

Kudos and thank you to anyone who can even begin to answer this, or any GM that might have the server-ruling on this handy. :)
Yes, I have a Companion Cube. It came with the software I use to do my job. Makes you wonder about their expectations for user's mental health, doesn't it?

[Image: badge.jpg]
[Image: badge.jpg]
Because I privately yearn to be shu'halo?
Rimewynd Wrote:
So, recently, I ran into a bit of a sticky question.

What is the source for enchanting, and does one need to be a mage to use it?

I'm sure we all know what it does, and I'm fully aware that it uses magic to some extent, but what kind and how much are what I'm questioning.

The Nelfs have enchanting trainers in their cities, which to me implies that enchanting doesn't need arcane magic to work. But, then again, they also have a portal trainer they allow to stay within the bounds of their city as well.

However, going with the original idea, does this mean that any magic-using class can be an enchanter? A druid, let's say, for sake of example: could they be an enchanter? What, exactly, are they using to fuel the process and where is that energy being drawn from?

Secondly, can a non-caster (a warrior, let's say) be an enchanter? Do they need to have knowledge of magic itself to enchant, knowledge of their craft, or are they aspects of the same thing? Must they be able to use magic in a broader sense (conjuring bread, fireballs, moonfire, whatever,) to enchant things, or is it not needed?

What about someone who was, once, a shaman or a priest - someone who's magic relied on their faith or their connection with an outside source. On loosing that source, could they still be an enchanter, or with their powers gone would they lose the ability to enchant things too?

Kudos and thank you to anyone who can even begin to answer this, or any GM that might have the server-ruling on this handy. :)

First, regarding the Enchanting-Trainer in Darnassus. Remember that it's only game-mechanics that keep the Enchanter there. There might not even be one there ICly. Now, regarding Enchanting.. I believe it is all based on Magic. But different Enchants require different magics. Meaning a non-caster wouldn't be able to Enchant. Unless he was perhaps a Blacksmith, using magical materials? I don't know.

Enchants such as Brute Strength, or something that boosts you're strength or agility. That'd be Arcane. Something that infuses the blade with firey enchant. That'd be Elemental Magic. Aka, a Shaman. Stuff that boosts your vitality, or better protects you against attacks and whatnot. That can be Divine or Arcane. But the rest of Enchants that involve holy stuff, well. That'd be Divine Magic. Probably a priest.

Now that isn't official. That's just what I would assume it is. As there isn't much written on how Enchanting would effect Azeroth RP-wise.
I'm fairly sure that the Arcane is the source of all "classical" enchantments. A Paladin can infuse his blade with Light for combat if he's skilled, but never like a Mage can infuse the essence of his magic into a focus. Shamans can enchant, but it's in a different way. They ask the spirits to bless something and if they do it can probably get a kind of natural effect that adds to its usefulness.
I'd like to throw on an extension to that question.

You said that they can't -put- the enchantment there, but can someone who is a non-mage still use the enchantment IC'ly?

Also, inscriptions. Do they go by the same basis, or are runes not limited to any "class"? Like would a warrior be able to learn/inscribe things?
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]