The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Q & A
Inscribing and runes requires some knowledge of ley lines and patterns, so it'd probably be something only those classes that revolve around it (Iscriber, Runemaster, Ley walker, etc.) would pick up.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
What are the still existing traditions of the Darkspear? I know for one that they often fought each other. Even in marriage where the woman and the man would duel each other to see who would be the dominant force in the marriage. An interesting aspect of Troll culture if you ask me, but I'm really not sure if these still exist in the New Horde.

Second, what would be the closest in game class to Voodoo magic? The Troll Priest may focus on aspects of voodoo healing, Troll Mage might be IC elemental might of the loa spirits and Troll Shaman will focus on tapping with loa spirits directly.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Thanks for the rulings on the enchanting question - that helps lay a lot of issues to rest for me!
Yes, I have a Companion Cube. It came with the software I use to do my job. Makes you wonder about their expectations for user's mental health, doesn't it?

[Image: badge.jpg]
[Image: badge.jpg]
Because I privately yearn to be shu'halo?
Reguarding Races:
Here are the ages limits, after taken off the Wiki.

Draenei
Adulthood: 2000
Middle Age: 8000
Old Age: 25000
Venerable:35000
Lifespan:40000

Human
Adulthood: 18
Middle Age: 35
Old Age: 53
Venerable: 70
Lifespan: 72-110

Ok, with that said. I was wondering this. How could some draenei not have a huge advantage over humans? If an adult Draenei Mage were to fight with an Adult human.. That draenei's had 2000 years to practice and hone their skills, while the human only had 18. I don't see how the draenei would have a huge advantage over the human. I heard it was said that age doesn't equal skill, but how could this not be true? Especially if the draenei and the human were equally adamant about training and dedicated their time to the practice of mage-ing.
I don't know, it was just bothering me that the 2000 year old draenei would get beat up by an 18 year old human....
I would ask the following: How can a Draenei with close to no experience of this world's threads of arcane energy stand any chance in front of a (even young) mage that has become more and more familiar with them in the last ten years?

What I mean is that a possible satisfactory awnser could be that humans have actual experience with the world's energy, while the draenei are only helped by their previous knowledge of channeling to quickly adapt to a similar level of magical competence.

Oh, and lol, theyz same level nub
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
TheImpossibleDream Wrote:Reguarding Races:
Ok, with that said. I was wondering this. How could some draenei not have a huge advantage over humans? If an adult Draenei Mage were to fight with an Adult human.. That draenei's had 2000 years to practice and hone their skills, while the human only had 18. I don't see how the draenei would have a huge advantage over the human. I heard it was said that age doesn't equal skill, but how could this not be true? Especially if the draenei and the human were equally adamant about training and dedicated their time to the practice of mage-ing.
I don't know, it was just bothering me that the 2000 year old draenei would get beat up by an 18 year old human....

Why were Sentinels, who were thousands of years older than the Orcs, defeated by them when the Orcs as a whole have only been a war-like people for under a century?
My question went unanswered : (

Partly because the Night Elves were arrogant at the time and never expected an enemy like the fel-fueled orcs. They were like...Magellan trying to conquer the Philippines. Yeah there were demons who attacked before, but these orcs were natural with the bloodlust. Besides. NElves without really fighting anything much for thousands of years after the first Demon invasion probably rusted their bows on them critters. But I reckon Mik was just trying to answer the question with another question but I ruined him.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
TheImpossibleDream Wrote:Ok, with that said. I was wondering this. How could some draenei not have a huge advantage over humans? If an adult Draenei Mage were to fight with an Adult human.. That draenei's had 2000 years to practice and hone their skills, while the human only had 18. I don't see how the draenei would have a huge advantage over the human. I heard it was said that age doesn't equal skill, but how could this not be true? Especially if the draenei and the human were equally adamant about training and dedicated their time to the practice of mage-ing.
WoWWiki Wrote:Draenei have always been natural magic users. When aboard the Exodar for long journeys the Draenei had plenty of hours to study and practice magic. They are one of the oldest races in the universe and therefore have had a lot of time to research and improve their knowledge of the arcane arts. Since they have had so much knowledge passed down and live such long lives to practice it, the draenei are among the most powerful mages in the known universe.
Depends on the one you RP with, most good RPers would agree with the draenei owning the human. Also, originally, the Draenei are 'Eredar - Masters of Magic'.
Diethe Wrote:What are the still existing traditions of the Darkspear? I know for one that they often fought each other. Even in marriage where the woman and the man would duel each other to see who would be the dominant force in the marriage. An interesting aspect of Troll culture if you ask me, but I'm really not sure if these still exist in the New Horde.

Second, what would be the closest in game class to Voodoo magic? The Troll Priest may focus on aspects of voodoo healing, Troll Mage might be IC elemental might of the loa spirits and Troll Shaman will focus on tapping with loa spirits directly.
Head-shrinking still stands in the troll's culture, as far as I know. Darkspears are actually focused on darker magics and many people forget this. A shadow "priest" is not rare. Also, troll mages /are/ rare. They're a big exception to the troll lore if you ask me. But, when you get to look at it, when WoW was released, only the Forsaken were the race that had most reason to be a mage. So they screwed up lore and made troll mages.

Not really sure, but did not men fight over a woman? Anyway, I think this had been abandoned for the orcs disliking the difference between genders. However, I'm quite sure a lot of trolls still do their old rituals even though the horde forbids them to.
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
A lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust, causing inflammation in the lungs.
Diethe Wrote:Partly because the Night Elves were arrogant at the time and never expected an enemy like the fel-fueled orcs. They were like...Magellan trying to conquer the Philippines. Yeah there were demons who attacked before, but these orcs were natural with the bloodlust. Besides. NElves without really fighting anything much for thousands of years after the first Demon invasion probably rusted their bows on them critters. But I reckon Mik was just trying to answer the question with another question but I ruined him.

Quote: but I ruined him.

Tried and failed.

I'd agree... If the Nelves weren't nearly constantly battling something. They fought and kept their forests for ten thousand years after the War of the Ancients, and fought the denizens of Ahn'qiraj in the War of Shifting Sands in that time as well. By all accounts they should have been kicking some ass. But they didn't, and there lies my original point, just because something is thousands of years old and has the skill doesn't mean an automatic win. They are all different species, their minds work differently, they fight differently, and you can never predetermine a battle.
I've got a question:

Troll Mages. Is it possible, and how would one go about doing it?

On the subject of mages, I found out how Night-Elf mages are probably going to work
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
I sort of already asked that question over here on page three of the topic.
Awesome. Answered my question, It did.
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
Quote:I've got a question:

Troll Mages. Is it possible, and how would one go about doing it?

Actually, from what I understand troll mages where born after a series of wars (or a single war, I'm going off of memory instead of looking it up because I am lazy) with humans and elves in which the elves taught humans magic and blah, blah, blah...

(I know this war has a name and it's significant and as well that I'm pretty sure it was in the Arathi area with the Trollbanes, but again, Lazy.)

The humans and Elves toasted the trolls with their use of magical fire which even the trolls could not regenerate fast enough from and eventually the troll opposition was shattered. However, from the experience the trolls brought away a new respect for magic and in their own trollish fashion they began taking up the art and the title of 'mage' because of the power they saw in it. Magic may or may not have a religious element to it for the troll as the blending of science and spirituality has already been accomplished by the Witch Doctor and his "Juju".

It's up for speculation, and I would enjoy seeing someone take a stab at a troll Wizard.
[Image: walrus_family_affair-2.gif]
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol
Just called the Troll Wars, heh.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Troll_Wars
Mikain Wrote:Just called the Troll Wars, heh.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Troll_Wars

Heheh, thankfully the GM's are not as Lazy as I. :D Thankye Mikain.
[Image: walrus_family_affair-2.gif]
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol