The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Q & A
Druids do hunt ^^ All about balance, you know? Say there are too much sabers, a druid wouldn't mind killing a few. And tauren are known to use all resources gained from nature. Not sure about night elves though.
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
A lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust, causing inflammation in the lungs.
What's the current status of Auchindoun's big bad denizen, Murmur? Is he still there or was he defeated/banished/whatever happens to Elementals when they're defeated?
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
I would say he is slain/vanquished/whatever, story-wise. The story has moved on, and the events of TBC are finished. Including the defeat of Murmur.

This is only an assumption, though.
ALL HAIL THE TROLL
How could Garithos use the light?
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
Roobald2 Wrote:How could Garithos use the light?

I don't think he actually did.

His WC3 incarnation possessed the class of "Dark Knight", which was just a Paladin with some skills swapped for Tauren Chieftain and Mountain King abilities. I think the Paladin abilities were just to keep the human faction balanced on the campaign maps that he appeared in. Either way, it's pretty clear he wasn't a Paladin of any sort, and was just a high-ranking Knight. If he had any actual magical abilities, it *probably* came from another source. It's also possible that he was a fallen Paladin and just retained some of the abilities, but that's just theory.

There's another possibility. The Light doesn't seem entirely picky on who uses it...except when it suddenly does. Surprise! But, for example, the Scarlet Crusade is an obviously evil (or at least misguided) organization that uses the Light, so it's possible Garithos *did* use the Light and fell into the same deal. The most likely explanation though is that he simply didn't, and his use of Holy Light and Devotion Aura was just for mechanics purposes and to keep Garithos at least somewhat similar to a hero that Alliance players would use in Ladder games.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Having paladin-like abilities on heroes/units in WC3 doesn't make you a paladin, really. You don't need to go further than the highest-level bandit units in the game; Bandit lords, or whatever they're called. They can cast divine shield, which is quite clearly a paladin ability, and I doubt there's any way a bandit lord could be a paladin.

So I'll support Grakor's explanation.
ALL HAIL THE TROLL
So, I've had this question floating around in my head for a while, now...

Exactly how "magic sensitive" is "magic sensitive"? That is to say, how well can races like kal'dorei and sin'dorei perceive magic in a given area? On an individual person? Can they intemperate what sort of magic they use? Can they only differentiate one or two types? And does the amount of ambient magic affect their ability to detect specific sources of magic?

I've been wondering about these things, as I've not been able to find a real "set" ruling about them, or even more information beyond vague generalities. If there's some sort of server-ruling or something on these - or even more information beyond the usual "they are sensitive to/can perceive magic" I'd really appreciate it.

-Rimewynd
Yes, I have a Companion Cube. It came with the software I use to do my job. Makes you wonder about their expectations for user's mental health, doesn't it?

[Image: badge.jpg]
Because I privately yearn to be shu'halo?
It's just that, they're sensitive to magic. They have a natural affinity for its use and manipulation. Kal'dorei are suggested to have some limited capacity to detect magic, but that's debatable (An odd tangent of this is that I read that the Tauren can actually detect "The taint of magic" by its scent, and become physically ill in the presence of individuals who use too much magic or are Blood or High Elven).

I believe High Elves and Blood Elves do have a limited ability to detect magical prowess in an individual (As in being able to tell magic is in the air, or someone has magic about them.). I would think that it's more of a general "It feels like magic is at work here," or "you look like you have some magic about you," if it is at all.
Thanks a *bunch*, Khaguros. That was *exactly* what I was looking for. I appreciate it.

-Rimewynd
Yes, I have a Companion Cube. It came with the software I use to do my job. Makes you wonder about their expectations for user's mental health, doesn't it?

Q: Can shadow priests (IE: Forsaken and others with belief in shadow power) resurrect the dead?
Well, this is more postulation that actual straight knowledge on my part, but bare with me.

Priest magic comes from strength of belief and the power of their own convictions.
The Forsaken do have, (as far as I've been made aware,) healers that do heal (at least) other Forsaken using the power for the Forgotten Shadow.
Even beyond the Forsaken, there are mystics who follow a beshadowed path and are still able to use their divine powers to aid someone. (Again, as far as I've been made aware).
Thusly, it's conceivable that yes, you could not only heal someone, but bring them back to life (or unlife) while worshiping a dark-inclined source of power. You're going to probably want to get a server rule on that, but from my understanding there's no inherent problem.

I admit, my examples are a bit lacking at the moment - as I'm amazingly tired and just woke up, but I think some sources you may wish to investigate are some of the followers of the various Loa, possibly some in the service of the old gods, and quite likely the Burning Legion (as they do have healers of some kind, now matter how worrying the concept of a demonic healer is). Not offering these as character suggests, mind - more as potential resources that you could check out.

Although not a complete answer, I hope this helps tide you over until one of the GMs is able to render a proper verdict. :)

Cheers,
-Rimewynd

There is, essentially, no correlation between the following things:

The ability to use both light and shadow,
The IC spec of the Priest,
The IC faith of the Priest.

Regardless of race and your faith, you have access to both ends of the spectrum, Light and Shadow. Regardless of your IC spec, you have access to both ends of the spectrum, Light and Shadow. Now, these spells may come out differently depending on your race (there's a theory that a Forsaken healing may use more shadowy means than a Human) but the end result is essentially the same.

The opposition and duality between light and shadow is part of what makes the Priest class what it is. It's also, sadly, one part that often gets ignored.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Q: Since the Titans created Arcane Magic on Azeroth, and pretty much everything else in the cosmos, are they responsible for the Draenei using Arcane Magic? On top of that, since it's been stated many times before that the Arcane corrupts, how is it that the Draenei can go thousands of years studying and using the Arcane, without ever being corrupted? Or, are they simply corrupted, and none of us can tell since their an alien race?
Things I have loved I'm allowed to keep,
I'LL NEVER KNOW IF I GO TO SLEEP.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I think the concept of "arcane corrupts" is really just a fantasy mirroring of the preety accurate concept of "power corrupts". (Since arcane basically does that- gives you powers over reality you wouldn't otherwise have). Like with any kind of power - the stronger it is, the more it corrupts, but a responsible, knowledgable and self-aware user of the said power could concievably use it responsibly.

If anyone, the pious long-lived draenei would be the ones to achieve such sustainable use of the arcane. By virtue of, rather than in spite of, the prolonged use (and experience with the eredar's fate of old).

As for how much the titans created, the stuff about them is kept at a fairly mythological level - How much they created - be it Azeroth or all of the Universe - I think is subject to speculation.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
DaveM Wrote:I think the concept of "arcane corrupts" is really just a fantasy mirroring of the preety accurate concept of "power corrupts". (Since arcane basically does that- gives you powers over reality you wouldn't otherwise have). Like with any kind of power - the stronger it is, the more it corrupts, but a responsible, knowledgable and self-aware user of the said power could concievably use it responsibly.

If anyone, the pious long-lived draenei would be the ones to achieve such sustainable use of the arcane. By virtue of, rather than in spite of, the prolonged use (and experience with the eredar's fate of old).

As for how much the titans created, the stuff about them is kept at a fairly mythological level - How much they created - be it Azeroth or all of the Universe - I think is subject to speculation.

But, doesn't it in some cases, warp and twist the user, like with Night Elves? I thought that's how Satres came to be. *Shrug*
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△