The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Q & A
Yea, exactly - if abused. That's the moral to the "arcane story" (and the fel story for that matter): Use a means too much and it ends up using you.

It's about giving in to the use of the said power or not. All power in itself tends to change the user, to dictate that it be used further and further.
That can be countered by self-control. As a whole, the only viable explanation for draenei magic use without being altered is that they've achieved that level of control. Their racial profile seems to suggest it. *shrug*
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
Arcane is from the Nether basically from what I understand that's where it comes from. If that isn't true I know for a fact that Arcane does corrupt because it says so. Not as fast as if you were say a fel user but over the course of thousands of years it would corrupt you. Look what happened to the Blood Elves, they got so hooked on the stuff they went to a even more corrupting source to survive their addiction to it.

Edit for Dave's replay: Well everyone says they can control Alcohol but no amount of control can prevent addiction. Over time it will eventually get you and in order to fufill your requirements your going to have to call upon more and more arcane.

Edit2:
Quote:Q: Since the Titans created Arcane Magic on Azeroth, and pretty much everything else in the cosmos, are they responsible for the Draenei using Arcane Magic? On top of that, since it's been stated many times before that the Arcane corrupts, how is it that the Draenei can go thousands of years studying and using the Arcane, without ever being corrupted? Or, are they simply corrupted, and none of us can tell since their an alien race?

In answer to the question itself I believe that it would take a long long time to be corrupted and don't quote me on this but I think there are a few corrupted Dreanai out there. IE the ones you see in Swamp of Sorrow or Akama looks pretty damn corrupt if you look at him.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
Well - it's quite arguable that there are non-alcoholic habitual drinkers. (If you take the definition for alcoholism as being the consumption of alcohol despite health problems and negative social consequences. And non-addicted drinkers do exist.)

So there could be non-corrupted arcane users (even after many many years). We're taught that extensive alcohol consumption -means- eventual alcoholism and damage because that happens in the vast majority of cases and is a very dangerous thing. But not in all of them.

Last but not least, elves are a lot closer to humans in terms of how they function, (being at least as addiction-seeking). Draes are the most otherworldly species on Azeroth (in origin and build), and the rules for addiction may be very different for them. Even within RL human communities, vulnerability to addiction is strongly correlated with the profile of the community.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
"The Arcane Corrupts" is not just a metaphor, it's a literal fact. The Blood Elves are a more extreme example, but not the only one. The Arcane, quite literally, changes the person who uses it and is very addictive. The mere act of casting a spell is described as a euphoric process. Arcane addiction and corruption isn't just a long-term thing, it's also short-term.

There's a story in one of the d20 books (I don't know which one off-hand, whether it's old or new) where some poor schmuck got himself addicted to healing magic. The feeling of getting healed was so addictive that he'd purposefully injure himself so that he had another excuse to undergo it. It's safe to say that all Mages and Warlocks deal with arcane corruption and addiction in one way or another.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I've a question...

What about Grimtotems?
Where do they stand in allegiances with the Horde and Sin'Sholai? I know they used to have ties with the Forsaken.
[Image: walrus_family_affair-2.gif]
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol
I would think the Grimtotems keep their allegiances. The Forsaken have similarly dark intentions, and the hostile Grimtotems aren't even counted as Horde for the most part.
Alright... I've another one...
Shield thine eyes mortals and prepare your Banhammers GM's! This one is rough.

Spoiler:
Perhaps I've been watching too many Doctor Who reruns, but I think It would be really cool to have a character who travels in time.
Off the top of my head, the only way I could think of this happening is becoming a disciple of the Bronze Dragonflight. A "Dragonsworn", which is a prestige class.

It'd be interesting to make a few characters and set them to live in some town, probably Gadgetzan in Tanaris, and slowly through RP have them some how prove themselves to the Bronze Dragonflight. Or even more interesting, have the characters start in the past, such as one of the instances in the Caverns of Time and roleplay into their Dragonsworn-hood and be taken to the present.

They could go on missions and such around present Azeroth, tending to the time stream or watching over civilization as well as horse around in the various instances of the Caverns.

My question, is this even aloud?
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol
I have a question regarding server lore (I hope it also falls here).

Quote:...Rommath declared the Elves an independent state....
...She too declared Independence from the Horde, and the two came together to form a new alliance....

I asked online, but I'm still unsure: is the Sin'sholai hostile against Horde and Alliance (particularly the Horde)? Or are they just a separate group from the Horde? Because, after all, it isn't smart to put yourself in a spot that'll make you an easy target - by the Alliance.

And another, Sin'sholai didn't really declare war, I believe. So what's their stand, exactly?
[Image: 9iaibt.jpg]
Definitely at war with both Alliance and Horde, no doubt.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
To answer Walluce, we tend to discourage players even getting close to being a part of Dragon lore. It's very convoluted and I don't think we've ever successfully been able to put it into a context that wouldn't ultimately give one player a great deal of physical power and influence.

I'm not sure where the opinions of other GMs lie, but it's an RP topic I've always tried to dodge away from if the situation arose.
Kaghuros Wrote:To answer Walluce, we tend to discourage players even getting close to being a part of Dragon lore. It's very convoluted and I don't think we've ever successfully been able to put it into a context that wouldn't ultimately give one player a great deal of physical power and influence.

I'm not sure where the opinions of other GMs lie, but it's an RP topic I've always tried to dodge away from if the situation arose.

Hur, hur. Thank you Kagh, I almost thought I had been forgotten.
Very well, I'll leave off any Dragon related RP ideas. :mrgreen:
I personally wouldn't really like players incorporating Dragon lore into their characters and such, either.. As in, directly knowing/having worked with the Flights, etc. If a character wants to just look up to them and recognize them as powerful beings, go for it. But.. other than that, I feel it makes the person too.. 'special' in the way that.. The Dragonflights would most likely be -extremely- picky about what mortals they accept. So.. yeah.

Edit: Oshi.. Sorry, I somehow didn't even see Walluce respond.. >< My bad. Really bad headache kickin' in, me thinks. :/
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Ahem... Seems to be I'm quickly becoming a regular of this old Thread.

So... Trol'Kalar, the mythical blade of the Trollbane family. What's become of it? Last I heard it was sealed with the old king in his Tomb inside Stromgarde. Is it still there, or have the new inhabitants of that city done something or other with it?

And not give away any possible future plans of the Echoes after the reclamation of the islands, but would it be theoretically possible (Not to comment about just how very difficult that would be now) to spirit the blade away, as is suggested in the Horde Quest line?
Hmm...where are the Scryers now in-game, now that the Draenor have kicked them out of their new capital in Shattrath? Voren'thal the Seer has lots of potential to be a great leader against Rommath, I believe. Probably equal to Thrall's stance as a seer to the once Fel-deprived Orcs. I just want to know where he is and what his stance is to the new Silvermoon In-game. I might want to add in a Scryer character to witness the rebel's side, you see.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Scryers are supposed to be back in Silvermoon because of the Sunwell being completely back and all (I think), so they might actually like Rommath for that, but I agree that many of them would make good rebels. Lady Liadrin is sort of already leading the rebellion though, so I doubt she and the Blood Knights would appreciate Voren'thal trying to claim that position. Still, there's no reason why Voren'thal can't be a prominent/influential rebel figure, in fact I think that would be a pretty good idea since the rebellion is probably low on mages compared to all the Blood Knights and Rangers.

Another Scryer question though... What's with all the empty space on the Scryers' Tier? Wouldn't the Draenei have claimed it and posted their own people there by now instead of leaving it empty like a ghost town?