Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Rosencrat
11-01-2017 05:12 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 36861
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Stealthscout
01-24-2017 02:42 PM
» Replies: 2491
» Views: 97219
Bingles' Feedback Thread
Last Post: Aethon
01-19-2017 01:32 AM
» Replies: 39
» Views: 39976
Sultanofswing29`s Introduction
Last Post: Sultanofswing29
09-18-2016 08:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 31497
Zyga21
Last Post: Maulbane
09-14-2016 07:32 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 25502

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Qaza's Art Thread, Part Two -- [IMAGE HEAVY!]
...Since Part One is on the second page and I don't feel like raising it from the dead (the images in it can be viewed here, though).

As promised to Grakor, Qaza and Kandar sit down to a spot of tea (pinkies out!) and a glaring contest.

[Image: Qaza_and_Kandar.jpg]

And a few doodles from a while back that I kept meaning to scan, but didn't...

Heari'taj, He Who Does Not Hold His Booze Well:

[Image: Hearidrunk.jpg]

The retired Ul'Orez, for Rensin:

[Image: UlOrez.jpg]

And THEN...

The Deathtusk drawing that has taken me forever and then some. Here's what happened: I thought, Hey! I'll do the base skeletons (the guides for the proportions of the characters) in this blue pen I found, and then draw over it! And that worked out all right.

In the penciling stage, Jyoti felt really natural, Qaza was pretty simple, and Ulzi's head turned out pretty nicely, I think. ...Fazk was a jerk until the inking stage, and fought every step of the way. Ulzi didn't even bother to fight. He was just a floating head and sketchy body. Yuck.

I got frustrated with Ulzi and began inking the drawing. Apparently expressly for the purpose of irritating myself, I inked it all in ballpoint instead of my nice, reliable felt tips. Fazk finally shaped up and turned out pretty nicely. This is about the same time the odd little faces at the bottom showed up, too. Everyone say hi to Qaza, Ikutak, Zul'Volgan, Heari, and Rensin (interloping brat! What is he doing there?). Hi.

And then, just to irritate myself more, I decided that what this really needed (instead of my usual nice, reliable Prismacolor pens... see a pattern?) was colored pencils, which I haven't used in years.

All said, I like the result (except for Ulzi, he can go jump in a lake), and I apologize to the Deathtusk who aren't in it. When I started drawing it, these were the only active members. Yes, it took that long.

Clockwise from left: Ulzi, Jyoti, Fazk, and Qaza

[Image: Deathtusk.jpg]
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
PM
I swear you get even better every time I see your art.

Also, tea-time with Qaza. I love it. I was laughing for a good while about it.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
PM
Wow those are really good, I wish I could do that with art and stuff. My best is stick figures with guns killing bigger stick figures....
PM
Love the hatching in the 1st one :)
˜★Sketch Blog
Yeeeeah... turns out, when I'm bored, I cross-hatch (the first one was done during my classes today. You should see my notes).

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
PM
Yeah, I know how it is. You should see MY notes.
Did you use a ballpoint pen?
˜★Sketch Blog
Several of varying types and quality, depending on what I was taking notes with at the time, yes.

~Kurt Vonnegut
PM
I love the coloring you did on the last picture, On the troll climbing the chair, A great blend.
PM
Oo I love the hatching on the first one. I have zero patience at shading anything I draw. =(
And the coloring on the last is lovely! Nice rich and solid colors, not all scribbily. Very nice =D
PM
D'aww. Ul'Orez.

*Ponders...*
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
I love how you made Jyoti but I'm really in love with Fazk. He's awesome <3
PM
MrWeasel Wrote:I love how you made Jyoti but I'm really in love with Fazk. He's awesome <3

*Repeats*
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

PM
More class = More notes = More doodles.

Ikutak gets a page to himself. Why? 'Cos he can't get along with anyone.
[Image: IkuPage.jpg]

Annnd then... Uh... a lot of characters. Tried to draw Kretol from memory (TAKE OFF YOUR HELM MORE OFTEN), Qaza and Heari discuss birthdays, a lil' troll with a terminally bad hair day, Qaza joining in on the bad hair day, Heari freaking out (no, really?) and Ougla not being at ALL subtle with that axe.
[Image: Orcdoodles.jpg]

~Kurt Vonnegut
PM
I really like how this one turned out. Zul'Volgan and his two sons, Bauku and Hekku. Bauku looks like a big, lovable goof. Vol's probably teasing him about something, but he's cool with it.

[Image: Volandsons.jpg]

~Kurt Vonnegut
PM
Mm, the dreaded triple-post.

I decided to play with Fazk's story a bit more. I had always intended for Fazk to be a mistranslation, and not his real name. Now he has a name: Taj'zhan.

So, from top to bottom: Fazk going "slosh", Taj'zhan/Fazk in life with one of his axes and looking devious, and his buddy Dak'ful, who really just wants some roast scorpid. He looks a bit girly/emo, but he's really just hungry.

[Image: Tajzhan.jpg]

~Kurt Vonnegut
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kep's Wargaming stuff (PIC HEAVY!) Kepora 11 467 01-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Last Post: Kepora
  Qaza's Art Thread Qaza 23 1,144 05-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Harmonic