The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Question
Not sure where to post this and I don't think it's too big of a question to ask a GM. My question is if it is possible to make a human ranger type character. A woodsman of some sort, possibly one that spent time with the High Elves during the 2nd war. Expert with the 2handed sword and a bow, and possibly a master tracker. I admit I got the idea while watching Lord of the Rings but I'm not going to base him off the ranger (whose name escapes me at this moment) in the films. I just want to know if it is possible.
Timothy Willaims VI: I know what this is! You are all racist against bards! Its a conspiracy!
Rorbin: A bard isn't even a race!
Timothy Willaims VI: . . .racist.
I would assume so -- he would just be a Warrior in class. As warriors can wield 2-handers and bows, you should be set. Now, if you're looking for special abilities like stealth, or Hunter skills, I think you're out of luck... But that's what roleplay is for, huh?

EDIT: There are even a few potions and items that allow you to track various types of creatures. Giants, demons, and undead spring to mind immediately, but there may be more.
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
Try to stay away from the 'expert 2hander' and 'master tracker', you can say your good at something, and that's what you focus on. But it sounds a bit less claimy if you stick to 'focuses with two-handers, and is also a tracker, rather good at it too'. I don't see anything wrong with a Woodsman, or a ranger. I don't know about the high elf thing, but he could have possibly learned it from them,

But remember. Ranger is a prestige title.
Prestige?
Timothy Willaims VI: I know what this is! You are all racist against bards! Its a conspiracy!
Specialized title, though he'd be a warrior in-game most likely, it should be ok. As long as it isn't claiming master and such. I like the idea.

P.S Aragorn maybe..?
That's it, Aragorn. Thank you. And yes, I'll say he is good with a bow and prefers a two handed sword....don't want to get in trouble.
Maybe you guys should wait for a GM since this -was- asked towards a GM.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
Don't see what's wrong in playing a warrior who uses a two handed sword and sneaking around in leather armor. Just make sure you're not sneaking around in plate-mail.
Tales23 Wrote:Maybe you guys should wait for a GM since this -was- asked towards a GM.
Please reread my opening post. I was directing it towards the community because I didn't want to bother a GM.

Einhander Wrote:Don't see what's wrong in playing a warrior who uses a two handed sword and sneaking around in leather armor. Just make sure you're not sneaking around in plate-mail.

Leather armor, possible hood (if there are any in WoW) and a nice cloak. *nod*
Oh yeah, they have hoods. You could totally ask people if you can't figure out an outfit, because I know I can't half the time, and end up searching more then RP'ing, good luck with the charrie though.
In regards to that, I can probably make you an outfit that you'll find interesting. Whisper Dazael sometime, we'll meet in Darkshore so i can get the skin colour/face of your character right, and I'll design something cool.

Here are some previews.

Costume for Larshka Bloodmoon
Costume for Larshka Bloodmoon (2)
Costume for Relin Redrin
Costume for Relin Redrin (2)
Costume for Roselia McCullough
Costume for Roselia McCullough (2)

Rosielia's stuff was heavily based on Fire Emblem, but if you want something nice designed (I guess I'm alright at it), we can talk about it. :D
There's nothing preventing you from making a woodsman character, but you should really try and make sure it's believable. I don't think a Human woodsman can fade into the darkness, wield two-handers, or do anything remotely like a combination of Warrior and Ninja.
They couldn't literally do it, using magic or Elfness. But with knowledge of terrain and how to use it any one can seem to 'fade into darkness'. And why wouldn't they be able to wield two-handed swords?
Have some MIND CONTROL JERKY! (Care of Drukag)
[Image: 3YOM.gif]
Gricca Wrote:They couldn't literally do it, using magic or Elfness. But with knowledge of terrain and how to use it any one can seem to 'fade into darkness'. And why wouldn't they be able to wield two-handed swords?

Realistically speaking, a large clumsy two handed axe or sword is a lot less useful if you're trying to be a stealthy woodlander than a sword or a dagger at your side. It is difficult to drop your bow and switch to your melee weapon in close quarter if your melee weapon is a gigantic sword strapped to your back.
Oh right. Physics. Carry on then!
Have some MIND CONTROL JERKY! (Care of Drukag)
[Image: 3YOM.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question on the Scarlet Crusade (Faction Question) Toulac 8 2,527 10-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Diethe