The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Question about noobs
Good afternoon folks,
I'm having a hard time finding any posted or wiki material on getting new people involved in rp games already established. Was I supposed to get people to sign up on this site with me so I actually have someone to run with? I know folks already in a story with their friends don't want every little snot trying to bud in, but hey, this is an RP server right? What do you GM's have in place to get us new folks involved with the other players?
The Syson Peach
Not much, I RP with anyone I come by. That´s how I think most people do here.

Stay IC and you´ll find yourself in plots, if you are an active role-player at least. Passive ones have a harder time.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

The role playing isn't the hard part, its getting the people who don't know you to actually respond to you when you find them. It seems like players seem to regard an unknown person ingame like everyone regards us in the forum; interfering children. This site does have "adult" players, yes? Does it just take a long time of getting in people's way before they recognize you as a player of sufficient caliber? I just don't want to get booted from the server from lack of vouches because the folks ingame have no desire to associate with a newcomer. Does that make sense? or do I just sound like an interfering child? :D
The Syson Peach
*blinks* Have you actually been trying on the server, or are you going on past experiences? Really, if someone is following the rules and RPing respectfully (nod godmodeing or whining, etc), they aren't thought of as noobs.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I guess I'll just keep at it then. Someone's bound to be nice to noobs sooner or later, right? Everyone seems to speak highly of the quality of RP here. I'm maybe just a bit impatient at getting involved in something instead of just leveling my priest. If no one really steps up and starts involving the new folks, I'll be happy to be part of an ingame "welcoming committee" getting them involved in the world. Forgive me for being presumptuous, but that might go a long way with us new-to-the-server peeps.
The Syson Peach
Well, I role-play with whomever I meet as I said, if you find that people are being rude or ignoring you PM a GM. It´s rude and respectless.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Well, remember that you need to step up, too! If your character acts aloof or shy, other characters are not as likely to interact with them. If you walk up to an RPing group and IC'ly ask for directions, or something, THEN it would be rude of them to ignore you... IC'ly. But that may be that character's personality. Just keep trying!
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
right on, I'll keep at it
The Syson Peach