The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Does the current staff team need to be reviewed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
53.33%
24 53.33%
No
46.67%
21 46.67%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

REFORM!
So then make the Hero system something worthwhile? Give them some responsibilities of some sort? *Shrugs* My mind is really muddled right now by several IRL things, so my suggestions are getting bleh.
[Image: af7tll.gif] [Image: 4j4aw7.gif] [Image: 33bfrtk.gif][Image: 2jxrg7.gif]
[Click on a character to learn more about them!]
Kiffles Wrote:So then make the Hero system something worthwhile? Give them some responsibilities of some sort? *Shrugs* My mind is really muddled right now by several IRL things, so my suggestions are getting bleh.

I'm not entirely sure what we could make them do, except maybe have them be the ones to sort profiles. Though then they'd essentially be Trial GMs without the in-game powers.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Why are we even having this argument?

Why is it that we can't just go as we've done before? I see -nothing- wrong with the server right now. I think, that these kind of things should just be passed along. I mean, why did Secrettom even post that thing? Was he trying to raise a mutiny against CotH? And from what I see, he describes most of the GMs as non-human Evil minions of something much more horrible.

And with my stand point, I would definitely take the side of the GMs on this one.

Neither do I see what's wrong with elitism, though.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
Sorry for butting in but I have to say something. First I need to compliment Sasail and Grakor in this thread that actually try to fix this problem. It is more than what most GM's are. Especially Sasail who, as he himself stated, would have a chance of being demoted himself but still support it. I highly respect this. I was considering leaving the server becasue of all the problems going on right now, but I'm glad I'm seeing some of you trying to solve this and so far, I've seen some really good ideas. I think I'll hang on a little longer and see where this goes. Once again, kudos to Sasail and Grakor too, even though there are some things i disagree on.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
* inhales for long winded speech *

Azheron Wrote:Why are we even having this argument?

Why is it that we can't just go as we've done before? I see -nothing- wrong with the server right now. I think, that these kind of things should just be passed along. I mean, why did Secrettom even post that thing? Was he trying to raise a mutiny against CotH? And from what I see, he describes most of the GMs as non-human Evil minions of something much more horrible.

And with my stand point, I would definitely take the side of the GMs on this one.

Oh... Well. That's all I had to say.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
Added a poll to see how many people are in support, or not in support of the basic idea.
Could people please refrain from posting that they don't care, or why do people care because it is not helpful and really just wastes space. This is a suggestion forum, not general chat.
Esthrunil Wrote:I'd like to point out that the only person I've ever seen step down from GM'ship publicly was Sersay. That was ages ago. Everyone else that I have witnessed was demoted/going to be demoted and with them ragequitting in the manner they have been, it shows that they were obviously demoted within good reason.

One could even argue that part of what you are arguing for was being done and is what was causing this drama. Take what I say or leave it, I said it.

This thread is getting old, but I just wanna agree here with what Esthrunil just said.

Piken, Leth, and Lucy were all friends of ours before they were bumped up to GM status. Through a load of hurt feelings one way or another, and a non-stop barrage from drama on BOTH sides, which I'll be the first to admit I bit into full-on, they were demoted.

I'm sort of sad to say that it wasn't me that had this happen. Why? Because I've left multiple times, for multiple reasons, every time I've been angry. I've never carried it -this- far, but I have cried out "REFORM" like a lot of you are doing now.

I've got a reputation here at CoTH. This is not news to me, nor has it ever been. I was selected as a GM, the first in a long while, back when noone but a handful of players knew who I was. Hell, Siv, who was one of the GMs at the time told me right off the bat "I think you'll be a horrible GM."

While that seems to be the consensus right now, I've gotta say, it's something that constantly happens at CoTH. If you are a quiet GM that doesn't really say anything against what someone else wants or says, then you are a sweet, caring person that has the server in mind.

However, if you are like me and don't really give a damn if there is friction here and there, because you know you can't please everyone, then you tend to look at things in this perspective; do the best you freakin' can, and if it pleases a few people along the way, you're doing it right.

In real life, I have my problems, yes. Here at CoTH, I'm not always agreeable. I'm a human being, as are all of you. If people wish me off the time, I'll step down without a word.

Why? Because of everything I mentioned up above. If active members really feel I'm not a good fit, I'd step down.

As to what Esthrunil said again, everyone was demoted for a reason. MrWeasel, who was a -great- friend of the GM team messed up with the players... a lot. It got him in trouble. Andrasia, was doing the same. And yes, even Piken.

Demotions aren't taken lightly. The rules we have on you guys, respect, rumor mongoring. It applies to us just as much.

If you have an opinion, voice it. I have about as much authority as any of you. You are the players of the server, and I'm the one that helps -you-. Your in the position to speak your minds.

If you weren't, these threads wouldn't have stayed around, eh?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Is there currently a system in place that would allow players to anonymously provide feedback for staff members? I've never had need, so it's not something that I've considered before.

If there isn't one, should there be one established? I know that nothing can be entirely anonymous when conducted on the forums or in-game, but there has to be some way to provide feedback without having the perception of repercussions (I use the word perception because I honestly believe that an opinion that is shared in an appropriate manner wouldn't result in any). And perhaps more people would be willing to do so if they know that, in general, their names won't be revealed.

Obviously, there's some sort of breakdown of communication. Perhaps we can facilitate some other means of communicating by making it easier for the community to speak up. It's a small road block, but people have already expressed a concern when speaking up about the staff (unless they're leaving, apparently); since it's more difficult to remove that perception, maybe this is a viable alternative.

My concern is only about constructive criticism about the performance of the staff. Anything else -- including name-calling -- would be contrary to our ultimate goal: improving Conquest of the Horde for all players, staff or otherwise.

Edit: I've also wondered, do the GM surveys we get in-game go to you guys? I've never filled one out because I thought that it wouldn't be seen. However, if they are, I'd definitely go forward with filling it out in the future.
Piroska Wrote:I've also wondered, do the GM surveys we get in-game go to you guys? I've never filled one out because I thought that it wouldn't be seen. However, if they are, I'd definitely go forward with filling it out in the future.
They aren't, unfortunately. They go into a black hole, never to be seen by anyone.

Also,
Jeff Wrote:I think the system its self needs an overhaul more over than anything. As we have it right now, the GMs go from grunt to having a truck load of power and responcibilities dumped on their plates. The trial thing was good in practice but I think we need an intermediate phase. Maybe 2. After grunt, I think people who've attributed to the server, showed consistance in keeping things in check, and order, should be promoted to like... Shaman or something. Then a step above that if they go above and beyond, and show they are really devoted to helping the server and be like... Farseer rank, or something really cool but with no actual power, just a status. Then I think we can wean them into the position of Trial GM and so-on. I'm not going to name any names, but I've seen first-hand many accounts of GMs (I'll take screen shots from now on) who use flash the GM title to get their way, and even if they are wrong or are refusing to look anything up. I think if we build them up slowly, before giving the people power, they may be a little more relaxed. Power corrupts you know. Anyways, that is my two-bits. I've got an entrance exam to go take. See you in a few hours.
This idea does intrigue me.
Hmm... Perhaps if we reform the hero rank to having actual responsibilities and duties that should be filled...
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
Jeff Wrote:I think the system its self needs an overhaul more over than anything. As we have it right now, the GMs go from grunt to having a truck load of power and responcibilities dumped on their plates. The trial thing was good in practice but I think we need an intermediate phase. Maybe 2. After grunt, I think people who've attributed to the server, showed consistance in keeping things in check, and order, should be promoted to like... Shaman or something. Then a step above that if they go above and beyond, and show they are really devoted to helping the server and be like... Farseer rank, or something really cool but with no actual power, just a status. Then I think we can wean them into the position of Trial GM and so-on. I'm not going to name any names, but I've seen first-hand many accounts of GMs (I'll take screen shots from now on) who use flash the GM title to get their way, and even if they are wrong or are refusing to look anything up. I think if we build them up slowly, before giving the people power, they may be a little more relaxed. Power corrupts you know. Anyways, that is my two-bits. I've got an entrance exam to go take. See you in a few hours.
Kretol, that idea is just like the Hero rank, just another step. I personally liked the Hero rank, it gave a little more power. But it had no responsibility required along with the rank. If you gave the Heroes a smaller but still important job to do, it could still help them ease into the power and responsibility that comes with being a GM. Monolith's got the right idea. owo
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.
Like profiles and such? I totally approve of that.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Yes, like maybe give them profile duty and limit it to general things like that. Just slip a little by little bits until people are GMs, so we don't just dump a truck load and pray that corruption doesn't occur.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
Well, it's not as if we couldn't monitor it either. Maybe some sort of checking system, where if a GM feels a profiles shouldn't have been approved, it could be re-evaluated?

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

A system where things are double checked sounds highly efficient. I think you'd just have to specify how this new "Hero" system would be different than the "Trial GM" period.
[Image: Lirshar_zpscaa814f0.png]