The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

RP Locations! Travel RP!
Oooo.... Hm, I very much like this idea.
[Image: walrus_family_affair-2.gif]
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol
Just checked them out, and I like them! I got to get a character as a sailor or pirate or whatever now and make good use of those things! Thanks for doing this! :mrgreen:
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Very cool, this just keeps getting better.
Depending on how popular the idea is, we may spawn further boats and Zeppelins and add teleports to them as well, in case there's more than one group wanting to make use of them.
How about....IC teleports for it to be more convenient instead of players logging in and out?
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
I don't really intend to have portals cluttering up WSG at this time, especially since we're still gauging interest.
Maybe instead of portals, you could create an NPC in WSG that handled teleports...

I know there is an item in Shatterspear Village once you reach the top of those stairs. You use it to jump you back in case you fall.

I'm pretty sure the way it works is that when you use the item, a script is fired, to jump you to those coordinates, so...

Maybe have an NPC with dialog in WSG. When you speak to him, you get the option for groups of RP areas. The main dialog could have a general category, like Ships, Zeppelins, Castles, Islands, etc.

When you click the category, the box changes to different dialog, with a list of the areas for that category. The Ships one, with current locations, could have these: Ship, Pirate Ship.

When you click on that option, a script fires, like the item for Shatterspear, and you get ported to coordinates on that particular ship.

You won't have to clutter up the place with portals, and it can be used ICly, and much faster than logging out and using the Site porter.

Of course, this is just my speculation on the matter. I could be way off on how things work, and if I am, well xD Sorry.
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated
Only issue I have with this is that...some of the RP Locations already opened for testing by the mods are too small, methinks.

Suggestion. Put Zeppelin in the middle of Northrend waters. Potential RP dog fights with people riding on their mounts and others on the zeppelin ftw.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
So yeah, I've been thinking, don't be too amazed. As well as the fleet south east of Howling Fjord [Navy/merchant/whatever RP], and the fleet north of Quel'Danas [Sin'Sholai onlys maybe?], there is that zepalin that flies around off the west coast of Howling Fjord too! God bless Blizzards ingenuity.

I'll be checking the zepalin out IG as in retail it landed at the Alliance place over there, so possible invasion RP? It should be deserted too. The two fleets of ships are not deserted and would need to be cleared beforehand.
Well, I was able to finally mess around with lua, and the NPC for teleporting seems to work fine. Woo!
It's an awesome idea! And it's partly mine!
Victory or death! There -is- proof!
See? See? I won. Won you all. And whoever it was I said I'll take revenge on, including Malth the Betrayer, take that!
YOU KNOW DAMN WELL MALTH, YOU KNOW DAMN WELL

Hint: I'm not really mad at you, you had a good reason.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
Azheron Wrote:It's an awesome idea! And it's partly mine!
Victory or death! There -is- proof!
See? See? I won. Won you all. And whoever it was I said I'll take revenge on, including Malth the Betrayer, take that!
WHAT THE CRAP DID I DO!?

Ohyeah..
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
I checked out the pirate ship, and I love it.

My only real suggestion has already been said, and that's to put the ships in Northrend waters or skies, which would help a ton and allow dogfights and such.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
A quick suggestion I have, is that instead of putting a bunch of ports WSG, is to put the ports in Booty bay and Ratchet, or Stormwind port. Perhaps at the Zeppelin ports as well. I don't know if this would be more or less work, but just wanted to put it out there.

[edit] Also I vote for Northrend at least for the Zeppelin
Instead of the portals, I believe you are going with the NPC? I would suggest making duplicates of the NPC in specific areas.

These areas can divide the continents, making it easy to get from say, Booty Bay to EPL much faster than with the flightmaster.

I'd recommend these areas:

Light's Hope Chapel
Booty Bay
Ungoro
Winterspring
Netherstorm
Nagrand
Icecrown

These would be where you could find the wisp. I also think it'd be good to include a teleport to other wisps. So if you were at the Icecrown wisp, you could quickly get to the Booty Bay one.

I included Outland because we really need to have some places there easily accessible, to start more RP in there.

As far as locations to add for RP:

The Argent Tournament, Icecrown - Would be good for tournaments and games.
Darkmoon Faire - Could remove the portal in Shattrath then.
Warsong Gulch - To make a quick jump from the wisps back to WSG.
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel Note! Qaza 3 981 06-11-2008, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Ruder