The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

RP Locations.
Alright. I'd like to applaud Lethys and that other GM (<3) on their work about the tavern. They really put a lot of effort into it and yeah, I see myself as a patron of their establishment since it'll make you come back for more each time. What I'm getting at is that maybe there could be more diverse places and RP locations that would be suitable for people who don't really fit the 'tavern' picture. Now, I don't know how GMs check 'interest' in an RP idea, but I think that even if there was no interest in these RP Locations, they are still as such an RP location that people might look to RP in in the future. Not every character wants to be in a tavern, and not every player wants to use their imagination to RP in a blank place and imagine along the way. I'll start of with Class-Essential places to RP in, primarily because they're in my opinion must-haves. I'm not really asking for any, if at all. I'm just using my thinking and this suggestion forum to the fullest. Here goes;

Mage Tower: Really. Mage fights in Ratchet Arena? They'd more likely be pickpocketed once they leave the arena. I was thinking of an empty neutral mage tower that mages can come to and RP/Live/Alchemize(?) or even duel (Rooftop Mage battle, anyone?)

A Coven/Den/Lair: Alright. The more evil characters really do not have a place to practice their arts. Sure, they visit the tavern, hide amongst the populace but where can they praise their dark gods or sacrifice people? This could be a simple cave with a few bodies/ceremonial candles and circles.

Pirate Hideout: An abandoned shipwreck inhabited by pirates making it their headquarters. Beside it is a cove where they could stash their treasure and a few camps. Here, they could park their pirate ships when not on sea, the cove hiding their location from authorities.

Hunter's Camp: Filled with a few tents and probably a few cages for their pets to be in. Some spears.

Druid's Barrow Den: Really have no idea. Another player suggest something for this.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
The ideas are all nice, but also already there in many ways
(SW has the mage-tower and Coven, ratchet has a warlock-spot. BBay is close to a big pirate hideout, and any island can be a more discreet one, Moonglade for barrows.) Not all of those are neutral, tho'.

I think the question is more of having these kind of places RPd in, rather than spawned, right?

Do you mean putting in direct teleporters to promote these places as such?

(Rooftop Mage battle, anyone?) - Yes, plox! *drool*
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
Yeah. If ever there were places like these, hey. Few would bother spending time traveling there.

That and I really drooled at the GM work on the Drunken Muffin.
Main Characters:

Definetly, I love the Drunken Muffin!
Good ideas though Diethe, I espeically like the idea of the mage tower. Though obviously, yeah, we have stormwind, but what about a place for cross-faction mage-based RPing? The coming together of the great arcane minds in Azeroth to learn and teach. Set in Dalaran or something? Just an idea.
"Alea Iacta Est"

Gregory James Jermyn - Apprentice mage, curious and friendly.
kaiken Wrote:Definetly, I love the Drunken Muffin!
Good ideas though Diethe, I espeically like the idea of the mage tower. Though obviously, yeah, we have stormwind, but what about a place for cross-faction mage-based RPing? The coming together of the great arcane minds in Azeroth to learn and teach. Set in Dalaran or something? Just an idea.

The Academy on Fenris isle? xD

Some good ideas you've got there! :D

EDIT: As for Barrow Dens, I think the Stormrage one could be used with imagination if the Nightmare mobs could be 'unaggressive'd'. I'unno. xD
dilnikas Wrote:
kaiken Wrote:Definetly, I love the Drunken Muffin!

The Academy on Fenris isle? xD

Some good ideas you've got there! :D

EDIT: As for Barrow Dens, I think the Stormrage one could be used with imagination if the Nightmare mobs could be 'unaggressive'd'. I'unno. xD

The Acadmey on Fenris Isle has a few problems. Firstly, its really out of the way for alliance players (And dangerous for low-level ones).
And of course we can't get in :P If it had a portal there, and maybe get rid of that purple bubble stopping us entering ^_^

EDIT: Nevermind, found the back entrance >.> All the same, a portal there would be handy.
"Alea Iacta Est"

Gregory James Jermyn - Apprentice mage, curious and friendly.
dilnikas Wrote:I think the Stormrage one could be used with imagination if the Nightmare mobs could be 'unaggressive'd'. I'unno. xD

This.
Spoiler:
Quote:A Coven/Den/Lair: Alright. The more evil characters really do not have a place to practice their arts. Sure, they visit the tavern, hide amongst the populace but where can they praise their dark gods or sacrifice people? This could be a simple cave with a few bodies/ceremonial candles and circles.

I...actually like this idea. A whole lot. I will see what I can do on my side of things to get approval and perhaps a decent location that everyone can get to (That's not in Ratchet or Booty Bay.)

And...uh..As for a Druid Place..

....Uh..

...Would the Emerald Dream be good? >> <<
Secrettom Wrote:
Quote:A Coven/Den/Lair: Alright. The more evil characters really do not have a place to practice their arts. Sure, they visit the tavern, hide amongst the populace but where can they praise their dark gods or sacrifice people? This could be a simple cave with a few bodies/ceremonial candles and circles.

I...actually like this idea. A whole lot. I will see what I can do on my side of things to get approval and perhaps a decent location that everyone can get to (That's not in Ratchet or Booty Bay.)

....Uh..

I love you Lethys, you know I do.
Secrettom Wrote:...Would the Emerald Dream be good? >> <<
Secrettom Wrote:Would the Emerald Dream be good?
Secrettom Wrote:Emerald Dream be good?
Secrettom Wrote:Emerald Dream

Can I haz your baby, Lethys plox?
Spoiler:
Secrettom Wrote:

....Uh..

Just go to sleep, you druids. <3
Main Characters:

We could also take steps to do some IC RP Location construction. Tell me this…What is more visceral and pleasing then having your character (or characters, considering the scale of the places) sweating, laboring and toiling for months to transform nothing into something people flock to and enjoy?

That, my friends, is a feeling of accomplishment like no other.

We should start turning our attention to more user-supported and generated content, like the ideas above. When people see that their voices can be heard and their ideas taken into consideration it will make more people stand up and start helping build on the Server.

I know my guild, The Commoner's Prty, is trying to get some work done on Goldshire by adding a few buildings and turning it into an RPers paradise. I'd love to see more projects like that throwing around on the server.

But that's just a peons perspective. I'll get back to chopping wood now.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
For a bit of irony we could begin a 'scouring' of Stratholme and claim it for the Forsaken-that's right, have the Forsaken kill Scourge and jack their stuff. A friend of mine suggested that we check to see if there's dummy data for an uninstanced version of the instance hidden behind the portal, remove it and plug it in, set some NPCs up after a scourging of the scourge and use it as a staging point for the KotQ perhaps.
Alakintra Blood Knight
Caediath Ebon Blade, Third War Survivor
This indeed sounds pretty cool to me

Perhaps certain guilds who have been developed pretty good and have grown big can get an own RP location built for them
Far Wolf is a good example for that
[Image: badge.jpg]
[Image: badge.jpg]

LF a life :p
Guys. I don't think the point of this idea was ever to get all the guilds on the server scrambling to get their own "RP base" more or less.

Granted, a lot of what's been in here hasn't been that, but still.

As Stromgarde showed us, it would take a LOT of time (IC and RL) to get a full city taken by any IC guild.

Back on topic:

I like the Mage Tower idea.

Another thing would be just perhaps a racial "house" or dwelling of some sort?

Only saying it because it seems a little odd to me that the entire population of PC's in most cities generally stay in the same inn (or manage to scout the only empty building in the city).

That usually ends in people arguing, as a guild may take it for their base or some such, then you can't go near it whilst they are there, even when you need to IC'ly...

I'm rambling.

Point is, just perhaps some kind of dwelling RP location maybe?
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RP locations (Cata) Nick 35 5,512 05-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Micheru
  NPC Quest/Trainer/Misc locations. Uguu 10 2,161 01-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Deoblo138
  Empty RP Locations solinax 6 1,570 01-07-2012, 05:32 AM
Last Post: ThePharaoh
  Portal Locations: Zones. Stormgald 2 810 05-05-2011, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Stormgald