The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

RP? What? This server?.....Really?
I'm confused on your connection of High-level roleplay and being over powered...But! I do know that the introduction system isn't perfect. I'm just saying that its better than nothing, yes there are bad RPers with good grammer that can easily slide through the introduction system. But if they can fill out the introduction system they probably can be molded into what the server is looking for. I am talking about using the intro system to get rid of intro's like Diethe showed for an example, ones that have no business even role playing.

And yes there are players who can be worked on like Shane said. I was a player who got worked on, as I said before. I summoned a warlock creature in friggin' booty bay. I didn't understand the mechanics and I slowly got on. But some people are being told. Don't OOC in say. Emote with detail, don't meta game. Don't turn druid form in a crowded city. These are things that are said repeatedly I know because I have said them. Yet it just continues as If I have said nothing...Its frustrating because now everyone has to read ((Omg xD)). We are trying to see the best in some people who just aren't willing to give as much dedication as the other Role Players. It's not fair you have people like Moose who busted her ass to make that Great Calypso post, who everyone enjoyed. Then you have other people hopping on like. "Yeah...I love RPs." They come on the server and interact with characters unrealistically. Its like I said before disrespectful, some of these players have no manners or respect for other players and GM's.

This is not our job, this is recreational activity. We are not here to train people who can't grasp the idea of RP. It's not for everyone. I liked it how strict it was back in the day. There is a link on this site that even refers people to other RP servers if they don't fit with this one. It's not for everybody, its cold but damn it some people want quality RP. And no one wants to have to go over the same things when its ALL ON THE WIKI.

I also understand it is just a game, so everyone should have fun. But if everyone -was- having fun this thread wouldn't be needed. Something needs to be done, that is undeniable. Whether or not an Introduction check point is the answer, something needs to be done to weed out the people who quite frankly don't deserve to be here. It is callous but I am becoming tired and just speaking how I feel. I respect everyone's opinion, especially Krent's because he has been here long than I.

But I don't think this is something we can Ignore anymore. We as a server should come together and figure out a way to do something about this. If you want to look at all ideas negatively there is always going to be a loophole to get around shit. Now we have to wait a month. Someone could just walk on this server. Sign on twice in one month fill out the gruntship app well thought out. Get grunted and still suck at RP. We get it, things can be overidden nothing is perfect. And as Cressy said the GM's are only human, just like us so we have to do Our best to help them. If it comes down to it, then maybe we as a community need to step up and say. "Hey you suck. Change this or leave" lol but no one wants to do that because why? Its rude, and disrespectful.

So if my ideas are so wrong. What is it that you all propose? I'm listening.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
I'd be in favour of seeing the introduction system put back in place.
[Image: Signature.png]
The first incarnation of my first character on CotH was a Night Elf Druid who'd lost his memory, loved to hang out in the middle of bustling Stormwind and recognised other elves he'd never met IC for no actual reason and insta-healed wounds. And that was after I spent a good full evening reading up the forum and wiki. Since then, things've gotten better, heh.

That bein' said, yes - improvement can take place - but for those that have the respect for the rules and for the community to begin with. Bothering to write a decent story. Using capitals and punctuation. Opening up in a friendly way. A player does all that in his intro - He will then be able to understand -on server- not to meta, not to godmod, etc.

-So yes to screening Intros. Perhaps certain grunts (new rank?) could be given the right to approve intros, so as to not take GM time.

Also yes to RP feedback subforum - this is very needed, and activity on it would be a (not perfect) but relevant indicator of whether or not the bad RPers are trying to improve. It'd also be a place for people to have a chance to open up for feedback before being "ambushed" by a server clean-up. It feels agressive giving feeback on what they're kinda' doin wrong to someone in mid-RP via whisper. Here- if they opened a thread listing their characters - It wouldn't.

Vouches didn't work. That's obvoius.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
DaveM Wrote:...Perhaps certain grunts (new rank?)..
I somewhat agree to that.
In my opinion these ranks should be given to certain players but their name's should not be made public. They can be made in-charge of monitoring the server and for approving newbies, this I hope may help remove the demerits of the vouch system due to which it was scrapped.

I know this idea is absurd too, but I just wanna help >.<
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
Bertrand Russell
I like the Ideas proposed by DaveM, I appreciate the honesty and the probable and productive ideas. We are all working towards the same solution, quality RP. A friendly server and enjoyable experiences. Any more Ideas? GM's your thoughts/concerns? I don't mean to be overstepping my boundries, please if I have sit me down. But my intentions are only for the quality RP that I endured during the summer when it was supposed to be at its worst.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
Concerning the idea with making a roleplay improvement forum and everything said about it... by coincidence or not -> http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/forum/...790#p88790

ThePharaoh Wrote:I'm confused on your connection of High-level roleplay and being over powered...
And sorry for that, I meant godmoding, not being overpowered.
[Image: dE74.gif]
I'd like to have the introduction system reintroduced.

A simple reason. If you're not willing to take a few moments of your time to get acquainted to the server and its customs itself then you're most likely not going to adapt to the rules that are laid out before you. Not even mentioning that they haven't read them. I do believe that when people need to make an effort to get in some sort of community, they'll take it more serious. If you're one of the people that doesn't, then obviously you aren't really committed to joining and will see it more as a quick fling in the infinite depths of the internets.

Did that even make sense?
Little by little, one travels far.
The whole thing was really well thought out. Yeah, I agree that Vouches shouldn't be re-implimented, but certain things like Gruntship should be watched over.

I know really I shouldn't even talk given the fact that I'm the FNG (Frickin' New Grunt) but I think it was perhaps the most critical time I ended up facing because from what an anonymous vet told me I "just saw the worst of the way things are handled." I'll be the first to admit that I am a complete and total jackass, but you've all bared with me while I tried to warm up to you. Which I have. I wouldn't mind getting knocked down to Peon and proving my worth again with whatever new system as long as I get to keep all my vital organs intact.

Really, my concern is not the influx of newbies however, it's the ability to adapt. People change and some things are for the better. The elimination of Introductions seemed good in theory, but at the same time it was a double edged sword. I think the intro system should be used as a guideline of what to expect, weed out the particularly troublesome looking players by screening them and axing them once they make no conscious (sp) attempt to improve. If they seek help, let them seek help, but only if they want it, otherwise redirect them to other, lesser servers.

For all the talk of CotH being a community of "elitist assholes" as many call it, I find myself actually honored being here because quite frankly I feel like I'm a part of something great: a grain of sand in a scirocco-but I'm still in that wind. I'm intimidated by the server even after Gruntship because I'm constantly seeing players like Diethe kicking major ass with the things planned and I feel like I have to keep up otherwise get axed in favor of a new rook or just outright abandoned.

My main problem with some of the newbies is the typing. Not even shorthand but capitalization and somewhat rough work, since I ignore the sooner. The latter is attempting at the very least to get their point across, and I feel that with some help they'd fit in just fine. Screening would be the best course of action if they don't make the attempt to improve, I suggest they use their discretion.

I said my piece, feel free to tell me to shut my stupid rookie mouth now.
Alakintra Blood Knight
Caediath Ebon Blade, Third War Survivor
To Dave's suggestion about some Grunts being able to approve introductions, well...to prevent more of this hierarchy and have a compromise with both if not all sides of the party (Though I'm on your side and I agree with the Intro System being re-implemented), why not let all the grunts be able to comment and talk with the introductee(?) and be able to point out his mistakes? That way, that player can change and revise minor changes to his profile before the GMs come in. The GMs would just have to determine if that player is worthy or not, after all the revisions pointed out by the Grunts and if that player does know how to follow advice. (Being able to handle and receive constructive criticism from other players is another must to be able to enter in this server, I think. It is the focal point of actually trying to get better. There were recent bad players who just say 'Whatever' to the advise given to them.)
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Bahh, I've been 'plainin' 'bout this the second they switched it.
(Complaining)
>.> <.<

I'm telling you, I'm a frekken prophet.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
Azheron Wrote:Bahh, I've been 'plainin' 'bout this the second they switched it.
(Complaining)
>.> <.<

I'm telling you, I'm a frekken prophet.

Nub, you ain't no prophet.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Really I have no reason to chime in besides the fact that I love the community in general. We all know perfection is impossible, and we all know we're going to come across stuff that we do not agree with, but that's when we come together as this community and make things work. A GM has a job to do just like the player does. If something is bugging you contact a GM. If a rule is broken, send the screen to a GM. We trust that they will take the appropriate measures. A lot of drama has been going on recently and we need to recover as a whole, sooner than later.

I personally believe some sort of system needs to be in place for those that are coming in - one that assures we can not only bring in a quality roleplayer but on the flip side, not deny a quality roleplayer. How will that work? Hell if I know but I'll be damned if it doesn't sound good! Really though. I have noticed a lot more OOC bracket stuff in /say, the lack of capitalization and/or periods, etc and while that is not that hard to fix because we're blessed with the Shift key, I highly am for helping people become better roleplayers, especially of that in the grammar department. Do we all not start from the beginning? To be honest I know I'm not the best roleplayer to grace the intarwebs.

When I look at introduction threads, I see people post with the format but short answers. These people should have the community offer them friendly suggestions on how to elaborate on their answers and get them thinking, that is only fair. Now for the people who disregard reading introductions or the multitude of stickies and simply post one poor paragraph for an introduction, well, how much do they care when they won't even look at a few threads?

The Grunt system is good - we should have a system that rewards players that show loyalty and the ability to provide the community with adequate roleplay. They should be our shining stars - those we look to for good roleplay and those we look to when it comes to welcoming new players. As I stated before the community has taken a blow, but we need to remember all is not lost.

Happy roleplaying nubs!

"The potential of these lands has yet to be seized." -Taelyn Sunwing
On a completely off topic notion and since the Intro System has been reintroduced and revamped...

*Looks at teege's sig* C wut u did thar.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Well indeed a filter of bad RPers sounds good however I belive that the curent sistem has a reason made by Kretol and other bosses, the sistem was thinked and probably is bettah than older one or who knows, just clean the bad Rpers. Or post FAIL STAMP MORE OFTEN. ^_^
Well indeed a filter of bad RPers sounds good however I belive that the curent sistem has a reason made by Kretol and other bosses, the sistem was thinked and probably is bettah than older one or who knows, just clean the bad Rpers. Or post FAIL STAMP MORE OFTEN. ^_^