The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

RP? What? This server?.....Really?
.....What? O.o * scratches head *
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
.....What? O.o * scratches head *
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
Ut-oh I found this thread, looks exciting! *throws her change purse at it*

Personally I like what's in place right at this moment. Introductions are scanned over and approved then the rest of us get to see them. I like the gruntship questionnaire part too. I don't like the idea of "certain grunts" getting an increased anonymous rank. That's asking for it right in the chops! Instead I'd like to see what's going on with the introductions nudged toward gruntship too. Give the grunt population the ability to see the questionnaire after the GMs have had a day to go over it.

Introductions take a little bit, Profiles take a little bit longer.. Gruntship is a bigger deal in my opinion. It takes a month to be able to even submit a questionnaire, asking the player to wait an additional couple of days while it gets sorted out doesn't seem like too much to ask for.

Posting the Questionnaire where other grunts can decide if they have a problem with an inductee attaining peer status would add a bit more to actually being a Grunt, but at the same time I'm not asking for a vouch system. More of a GMs go first then the rest get to take a peek and if they see something that just screams at them "NO!" they can then send their opinions to the GMs while the questionnaire is under official review.

One more net.. Judging by how many views the introductions get, I really think it would be of more benefit than trouble.

After having said all that.. I'll add more bricks to the wall of text but try to keep it brief (for me :twisted: )

I've been saying it all over the place, in public, in private, in PMs, in other topics, in my own questionnaire and so on.. I think we need a revision of the accumulated data on the server lore. We can't expect new players to "poof" know everything. They're going to read what they have to in order to get going, then research after they've blundered through making fools of themselves or until corrected by others. If they bother to research even then, some people like learning from experience ("Yo!").

I know it's a lot to ask, months and months of stuff.. but that's kinda the way it should be. Provide guidelines, then guides, then updates to guides, then manage everything. CoTH has a wiki but it isn't easily accessible to the non-research inclined. Asking someone that is looking for a server to spend hour upon hour finding the lost bits of information is harsh. Bashing them on the head for being clueless in game is just as harsh, Catch 22 right?

I've been rather ignored on this point for quite a while now.. I've been told "Oh it's right there!" but the people saying it pass me to other people when I ask them to answer a question that should be "right there".
Sin'sholai: um... Who do I talk to to join the resistance? Who do I talk to about being a loyalist? Do the Forsaken have a problem with the fel energies? Should they?
What's posted on the wiki is a nice start.. but sheesh I didn't know Silvermoon was on lockdown until I found out in game after all the "Bored in SM, looking for RP" statements and finally asking "So.. why don't you leave?" Didn't know the whole lockdown thing was that serious. Been here a month, learned last week. wtb more info in easily accessible places.

There's tons more like that floating around, little cohesion. Kinda like an old married couple who are both contractors and adding stuff to their house but without talking to each other.. everything goes everywhere with no floor plan. I don't know what applies and what doesn't out of the tidbits I've found after digging through posts.

How do you expect quality RP from people out of the box when they don't know what universe they're living in? Admittedly "i rulz u phool" needs removed.. preferably with a rocket powered sledgehammer.. Don't think we'll see that much in game though with how it is now!

Change purse empty, wall has been erected! It's sturdy, you can throw things at it, go for it!
:mrgreen:
"In your world, power is determined by who has the biggest bombs. In my world, power is determined by yahtzee skills and who has the cutest kitty quote. Which is really the sane one?"
Ut-oh I found this thread, looks exciting! *throws her change purse at it*

Personally I like what's in place right at this moment. Introductions are scanned over and approved then the rest of us get to see them. I like the gruntship questionnaire part too. I don't like the idea of "certain grunts" getting an increased anonymous rank. That's asking for it right in the chops! Instead I'd like to see what's going on with the introductions nudged toward gruntship too. Give the grunt population the ability to see the questionnaire after the GMs have had a day to go over it.

Introductions take a little bit, Profiles take a little bit longer.. Gruntship is a bigger deal in my opinion. It takes a month to be able to even submit a questionnaire, asking the player to wait an additional couple of days while it gets sorted out doesn't seem like too much to ask for.

Posting the Questionnaire where other grunts can decide if they have a problem with an inductee attaining peer status would add a bit more to actually being a Grunt, but at the same time I'm not asking for a vouch system. More of a GMs go first then the rest get to take a peek and if they see something that just screams at them "NO!" they can then send their opinions to the GMs while the questionnaire is under official review.

One more net.. Judging by how many views the introductions get, I really think it would be of more benefit than trouble.

After having said all that.. I'll add more bricks to the wall of text but try to keep it brief (for me :twisted: )

I've been saying it all over the place, in public, in private, in PMs, in other topics, in my own questionnaire and so on.. I think we need a revision of the accumulated data on the server lore. We can't expect new players to "poof" know everything. They're going to read what they have to in order to get going, then research after they've blundered through making fools of themselves or until corrected by others. If they bother to research even then, some people like learning from experience ("Yo!").

I know it's a lot to ask, months and months of stuff.. but that's kinda the way it should be. Provide guidelines, then guides, then updates to guides, then manage everything. CoTH has a wiki but it isn't easily accessible to the non-research inclined. Asking someone that is looking for a server to spend hour upon hour finding the lost bits of information is harsh. Bashing them on the head for being clueless in game is just as harsh, Catch 22 right?

I've been rather ignored on this point for quite a while now.. I've been told "Oh it's right there!" but the people saying it pass me to other people when I ask them to answer a question that should be "right there".
Sin'sholai: um... Who do I talk to to join the resistance? Who do I talk to about being a loyalist? Do the Forsaken have a problem with the fel energies? Should they?
What's posted on the wiki is a nice start.. but sheesh I didn't know Silvermoon was on lockdown until I found out in game after all the "Bored in SM, looking for RP" statements and finally asking "So.. why don't you leave?" Didn't know the whole lockdown thing was that serious. Been here a month, learned last week. wtb more info in easily accessible places.

There's tons more like that floating around, little cohesion. Kinda like an old married couple who are both contractors and adding stuff to their house but without talking to each other.. everything goes everywhere with no floor plan. I don't know what applies and what doesn't out of the tidbits I've found after digging through posts.

How do you expect quality RP from people out of the box when they don't know what universe they're living in? Admittedly "i rulz u phool" needs removed.. preferably with a rocket powered sledgehammer.. Don't think we'll see that much in game though with how it is now!

Change purse empty, wall has been erected! It's sturdy, you can throw things at it, go for it!
:mrgreen:
"In your world, power is determined by who has the biggest bombs. In my world, power is determined by yahtzee skills and who has the cutest kitty quote. Which is really the sane one?"
So, while on the topic of introduction and new players. I am a new to CoTH even though my account was make a year and a bit ago (I made it and forgot about it). In my introduction I told what I thought about CoTH, I've found it a bit confusing and some of the rules go against my characters. I do not say this to be offensive.

I think I may like CoTH now but maybe I wont, this wont stop me from trying though. From reading through this post it makes me want to stay here even more, we have so many people here trying to keep the Roleplays good for everyone else and this is something I find very touching. It seems to me that, just by reading this, CoTH has gradually been giving moronic roleplayers (As in the ones who do stupid things and never learn) the thumbs up on their introduction. This isn't something you can really administrate easily.

An introduction can always be false, it can always be thought out to trick people. All it is is only words, words can be woven together and used to create a fabricated story. You may even find that there are some people who purposely take their time to create a good profile for their character only to go and mess around and do things like try to fight every single player they find or act like the huge 'Tough guy take no pain' sort of person.

I am not saying any of this because I believe CoTH is going down the drain, I am only putting out my opinion on the matter which is what I like to do.

-Bounty
So, while on the topic of introduction and new players. I am a new to CoTH even though my account was make a year and a bit ago (I made it and forgot about it). In my introduction I told what I thought about CoTH, I've found it a bit confusing and some of the rules go against my characters. I do not say this to be offensive.

I think I may like CoTH now but maybe I wont, this wont stop me from trying though. From reading through this post it makes me want to stay here even more, we have so many people here trying to keep the Roleplays good for everyone else and this is something I find very touching. It seems to me that, just by reading this, CoTH has gradually been giving moronic roleplayers (As in the ones who do stupid things and never learn) the thumbs up on their introduction. This isn't something you can really administrate easily.

An introduction can always be false, it can always be thought out to trick people. All it is is only words, words can be woven together and used to create a fabricated story. You may even find that there are some people who purposely take their time to create a good profile for their character only to go and mess around and do things like try to fight every single player they find or act like the huge 'Tough guy take no pain' sort of person.

I am not saying any of this because I believe CoTH is going down the drain, I am only putting out my opinion on the matter which is what I like to do.

-Bounty
Honestly, I did not read the whole 5 pages of text, just a forwarning.

I DID read the first paragraph, and, you know what? I have to genuinely agree.
Just recently I had been gone for a month. I came back, all excited to RP when, in chat, I heard people talking about "Things that bounce when they run besides their ears." If I remember correctly, about a month ago, this did NOT happen anywhere besides the Adult Chat.

Similar to this happened last night when I was RPing. It really wasn't as much as a "WTF is wrong with you!?" Scenario then as a, "Seriously? SERIOUSLY!?" scenario. This one person kept spamming /look and /laugh at this one toon, I forget her name, but I know she was a NE woman in SW.

I do not remember this ever happening before the application process was 'kaboomed' as I put it. In my total opinion, the app process should be brought back, flat out. It keeps the "Jiggle jiggle" conversations an the "W00T EMOTE SPAM ACTIVATE!" moments out of this seriously awesome RP server.
Honestly, I did not read the whole 5 pages of text, just a forwarning.

I DID read the first paragraph, and, you know what? I have to genuinely agree.
Just recently I had been gone for a month. I came back, all excited to RP when, in chat, I heard people talking about "Things that bounce when they run besides their ears." If I remember correctly, about a month ago, this did NOT happen anywhere besides the Adult Chat.

Similar to this happened last night when I was RPing. It really wasn't as much as a "WTF is wrong with you!?" Scenario then as a, "Seriously? SERIOUSLY!?" scenario. This one person kept spamming /look and /laugh at this one toon, I forget her name, but I know she was a NE woman in SW.

I do not remember this ever happening before the application process was 'kaboomed' as I put it. In my total opinion, the app process should be brought back, flat out. It keeps the "Jiggle jiggle" conversations an the "W00T EMOTE SPAM ACTIVATE!" moments out of this seriously awesome RP server.