The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

RP locations (Cata)
Hello, CoTH!

With the CataCoTH test server slowly getting into shape, I thought it may be a good idea to suggest the RP locations to be updated a little. For example, as some of you may know, The Lost Isles is a beautiful area which could lend itself really well to random jungle RP or shipwrecked RP. However it's unreachable for anyone (even Goblins, untill TC gets their quests working) so maybe it'd be a good idea to add it to the RP locations in order to let everyone have fun?

There's also Kezan which, in an unphased state, could probably stand in for just about any big Goblin city. This is another awesome locale, even if the actual area (Kezan) gets destroyed story-wise when Deathwing appears.

I'm sure there's other unreachable areas that I'm not even thinking about so feel free to suggest any more for Kretol's consideration. In any case, Cataclysm brings us some gorgeous areas that I think would be very suited for RP.
If I recall correctly we do have full intention on making use of Kezan. We may also turn the Lost Isles into a goblin resort or the like.
Would it be possible to have the earliest phase of Gilneas as a place for RP?
The only problem with that phase of Gilneas is, while it's pretty, there's random invisible walls, beyond which the ground doesn't actually -exist-. It looks cool and all, but... Yeah.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
(04-23-2013, 09:52 AM)muhaha8 Wrote: The only problem with that phase of Gilneas is, while it's pretty, there's random invisible walls, beyond which the ground doesn't actually -exist-. It looks cool and all, but... Yeah.

Except Duskhaven- its such a shame they just toss that into the ocean.
(04-23-2013, 10:22 AM)Dae Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 09:52 AM)muhaha8 Wrote: The only problem with that phase of Gilneas is, while it's pretty, there's random invisible walls, beyond which the ground doesn't actually -exist-. It looks cool and all, but... Yeah.

Except Duskhaven- its such a shame they just toss that into the ocean.

It is!

I do believe that the first phase has a few wonky bits to it (I know the Horde airship is always there, always on a beeline into the ground to crash, for instance). It'd be up to Kret if he would want it there though, as a sorta 'town like Duskhaven but not Duskhaven'.
Can we add Fuselight to the goblin locations please!
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
(04-24-2013, 07:19 AM)ThePharaoh Wrote: Can we add Fuselight to the goblin locations please!

And Bogpaddle.
A phased Amber Mill would also be nice- it would be a great agricultural town site.
(04-24-2013, 09:22 AM)Dae Wrote: A phased Amber Mill would also be nice- it would be a great agricultural town site.

Unfortunately we -probably- will not be making phased areas anymore, due to flight. Essentially having one phased region opens up the whole world to be phased, even moreso than it was prior, heh.
Dang. If only there were a solid invisible GObject to act as a barrier. :(
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.gobject spawn 180322 miiiiight be an invisible wall. I took my server down recently, so I can't double check.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Its less worrying about an invisible wall, and more worrying about an invisible ceiling.
That would be the difficult part, aye.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Build the invisible wall super high, to the point no one can fly over it? Kind of depends on how high the walls are in the first place though, because that might be a LOT of work if they're not very high...
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NPC Quest/Trainer/Misc locations. Uguu 10 2,161 01-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Deoblo138
  Empty RP Locations solinax 6 1,570 01-07-2012, 05:32 AM
Last Post: ThePharaoh
  Portal Locations: Zones. Stormgald 2 810 05-05-2011, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Stormgald