The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

RP locations (Cata)
(04-24-2013, 09:50 AM)Beltharean Wrote: Build the invisible wall super high, to the point no one can fly over it? Kind of depends on how high the walls are in the first place though, because that might be a LOT of work if they're not very high...

The only problem I can see, is how high that'd mean you'd have to build. That would mean spawning a lot of objects, all of which would be hard to determine their exact placement, and also would mean a lot of lag for the area.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(04-24-2013, 09:34 AM)Rigley Wrote:
(04-24-2013, 09:22 AM)Dae Wrote: A phased Amber Mill would also be nice- it would be a great agricultural town site.

Unfortunately we -probably- will not be making phased areas anymore, due to flight. Essentially having one phased region opens up the whole world to be phased, even moreso than it was prior, heh.

Well, with so much of the game being bork'd due to the alpha state of the core, are we really going to worry about preserving in-game balance any more?
Or am I wrong in assuming that the reluctance to do so is due to in-game balance?

Though even if we can't phase anymore, would it still be possible to just move NPCs, mobs and the occasional model? (like that big bubble in Ambermill)

And speaking of moving gobjects, I know some doors are built into the Gilneas city WMOs, but in looking at them in WMV, I think there might be some that are just spawned Gobject doors. If it would be possible to remove those, GMs might be able to build in there! If so, the biggest issue would be the weird texturing on the interior, but I can use my imagination. :P
Building way up into the air would indeed be a bit hard.

To note, I think many of the invisible walls came with a pink hitbox that runs underground, for help with placing. The hot pink'd be very visible if we had to stack them, heh.

It's less to preserve balance, to note, and more to prevent people from RPing in places that should have faction NPCs or the like, for instance. Basically if we wanted this, Kret would just make all the hostile mobs neutral (which he's said he doesn't want to do).

We could (maybe, can't verify right now) move the bubble, but I think Ambermill will probably be the target of an event, possibly?

Regarding the built in doors, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. You may need to elaborate, Dae!
(04-24-2013, 10:15 AM)Rigley Wrote: Building way up into the air would indeed be a bit hard.

To note, I think many of the invisible walls came with a pink hitbox that runs underground, for help with placing. The hot pink'd be very visible if we had to stack them, heh.

It's less to preserve balance, to note, and more to prevent people from RPing in places that should have faction NPCs or the like, for instance. Basically if we wanted this, Kret would just make all the hostile mobs neutral (which he's said he doesn't want to do).

We could (maybe, can't verify right now) move the bubble, but I think Ambermill will probably be the target of an event, possibly?

Regarding the built in doors, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. You may need to elaborate, Dae!

Gilneas City has a lot of missed potential as an RP site because of the general lack of interiors. A lot of the doors there are just there for decoration, but if any of the buildings have doorframes that one can actually pass through on the WMO, but are simply blocked off in-game by Gobject doors, those could be removed, and the interior space used for placing models 'n such.
I don't quite for certain if this is the case, as my WMV is being very strange lately, but it could be worth looking into.

And as for ugly, pink polygons in the sky, I could deal with that just fine if it meant more freedom in RP locations. If lag 'n such is an issue, though, I understand not utilizing the item.
Quote:It's less to preserve balance, to note, and more to prevent people from RPing in places that should have faction NPCs or the like, for instance. Basically if we wanted this, Kret would just make all the hostile mobs neutral (which he's said he doesn't want to do).

Has anyone actually done this before? It doesn't seem like something most people would do on this server…but I'm honestly not sure.
(04-24-2013, 10:52 AM)Scout Wrote:
Quote:It's less to preserve balance, to note, and more to prevent people from RPing in places that should have faction NPCs or the like, for instance. Basically if we wanted this, Kret would just make all the hostile mobs neutral (which he's said he doesn't want to do).

Has anyone actually done this before? It doesn't seem like something most people would do on this server…but I'm honestly not sure.

Yes.

Y'know, this question comes up all the time when something is enforced. Practically every time there is something enforced on CoTH, it's for a reason.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

There has been instances of people going to phase two and then moving around to RP in locations they shouldn't be RPing in. its one of the reason the phased 2 locations are blocked off as they are now on the WOTLK server.
Maybe it'd be possible to spawn in Guardians of Blizzard (though I do believe they need to be buffed accordingly these days) at the edge of the phased RP zones? Coupled with a (possibly invisible?) totem which would cast a no-fly zone debuff (Harsh Winds?) on players, this -should- keep players from exiting the area and RPing just about anywhere, no?
(04-24-2013, 10:52 AM)Scout Wrote:

In short: Yep.

There actually were no invisible walls in the phased Ravenholdt Manor up until we realized it was happening, heh.
Any chance of getting a portal to Zul'Aman non instanced? That would be killer.
If you wish to ask about deinstancing something, that'd be taken up with Kretol. Not I, heh.
No no, like, how there was portals to non instanced versions of ZF and ZG (which could be accessed even in retails) and I was wondering if you could do that with ZA, just put a portal location behind the instance portal?
If I remember correctly, due to not being able to use flying mounts up there in long ear land, the portals have nothing behind them. I remember a long time ago RPing on a server and we had a tribe of trolls up there. We wanted to use Zul'Aman but we would go past the portal, and around a corner and behind it was just a drop off of the world. Cata didn't change this I don't think since they are still no flying mounts in Eversong.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
Actually, this core does allow you to fly in the Ghostlands and Eversong Woods. Found that out today.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
I think that's a bug then as I haven't ever been able to on retail. The point still stands that unfortunately behind the portal to ZA is just a drop off the world. But hey, this was back in BC that I was playing on that server so perhaps it's been changed, I'm not entirely sure.

Edit: Or... not a bug maybe. Perhaps intended but still not the norm for the original game.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________