The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Race Census 4/15/12
What Race, Gender, and Class are your characters? Note, I'm only talking about approved characters. Every so often I'll update this first post, keeping track of them. In a week however I will close the census.
Need an objective and constructive criticism of art, literature, music, or RP concepts? Send me a PM. Highest consideration will be given.

Current Mood: Pleasant :)
Every character listed here is currently approved. You could derive your answers from there without needing people to reply to a thread!
Except! Those include characters that aren't active anymore, right?
Right?
So. Booyah. (if I'm wrong, then.... well..... banana pie)
Need an objective and constructive criticism of art, literature, music, or RP concepts? Send me a PM. Highest consideration will be given.

No. The inactive characters from previous restarts have other categories (Namely OLD and Rev2) that they fit into. Currently active approved characters are listed under Character Profiles, precisely as Piroska said.

Thus, banana pie.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
You did not say active, you said approved. It's a fair more accurate to go through the wiki yourself than request people to reply to a thread. This thread requires people to reply to the thread, to be complete, and to be accurate. Not everyone visits the forums on a regular basis and not everyone would reply to the thread. In fact, there are people who, though very active in-game, only come to the forums when they wish to post a new profile and that's it.

If your concern is accuracy, using the characters within that category is the most logical step. They're all approved characters within the most recent server restart. Other than a handful that have no been wiki'd yet, that's them all!

Edit: Flammos makes an excellent point! Perhaps I have misconstrued your use of active. They're the profiles that have been approved since the last restart. They may not be frequently played, but they're within this incarnation of the server and considered "active."
So every one of the people that made those characters is still here and about?

It'd be more accurate than asking. That's what Pir's saying.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Quote:So every one of the people that made those characters is still here and about?
Or they have been around in relatively current times, yes.

Keep in mind, there is no way to keep track of when people log onto their characters. Only our benevolent overlords can do that. So, if they made and approved a character just post-Restart, a few months ago, they would still be up on there.

But the vast majority of those are still around, barring those with recent absences - which you can find in the Absence forums.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
In a sense, it -is- a census of players reporting characters in since the last restart, and is for that reason more accurate than what would be said in the next week on such a thread. If you want something like "Who's actually RPing these days?", go to Account Management once in a while.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
Approved and active are not the same yes, and these are, indeed, variables to take into consideration. However, there is one variable that could throw off your accuracy (as well as your validity of the study): banned players.

A good number of our current wiki'd profiles belong to players who have been banned since the last restart. These may throw you off if you wish to gather profiles. In that case, you may have to take into account the player and check them off if they are among our banned players.

I still would encourage the wiki category than asking for a census here. As elaborated already, not every active player posts in the forum. The inverse is also somewhat true to a far lesser degree: not every active poster is active in-game, as some players are unable to get in-game for a long period of time.

Don't mind me if I seem to be raining on your parade. Accuracy and validity checking is a habit of mine now that I'm in psychology.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Would be interesting if Kret actually put together a quick census for us in the database haha, that's probably the quickest and most accurate way to figure it all out.
[Image: Signature.png]
I wouldn't necessarily say that the number of characters approved is really a good indication of which characters see regular use, either. While a lot of orcs, trolls, and tauren get made and approved, you don't see them RPed very often due to the trends of where folks RP.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Hey actually, it's not entirely what you want, but the Account Manager (miniManager project for TrinityCore) Actually has built in server statistics you may be looking for. Go to your account management and then log in via your in-game credentials. Go to menu->statistics and you can see the breakdown. It's interesting stuff and no one has to do any work. :)
Most RP'd races:
Blood Elves
Humans

Well-Roleplayed:
Trolls
Night Elves
Orcs
Undead

Rarities?:
Dwarves
Gnomes
Tauren
Draenei

I was going to put Draenei in 'well-roleplayed'. But with the Shakur gone, you barely see them.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I always thought trying to RP a tauren could lead to some good times.

Edit: Dwarves are also badasses. ;)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Race Elimination Game 2: Electric Nubaloo Nymus 17 3,156 07-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Hawk
  Race Elimination Game Nymus 198 20,393 10-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Altaine
  But I dont know how to Rp as a <insert epic race here> therew 17 3,922 09-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Piken
  Where can I find RP for my character? RP activity based on Race/Class Geoni 1 908 02-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Caravan
  Re-done Race Relation Guide, Preparing for Cata Harmonic 25 4,305 02-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Harmonic