The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Race Elimination Game
Dwarf - 19
Night Elf - 18
Draenei - 12

Orc - 18 Yeah yeah, "hurr durr Alliance pride". My dislike of orcs comes from Blizzard and how they show orcs to be. I'm expected to believe that they are a peaceful, shamanistic people that were controlled by demons and are actually these misunderstood people, but then they go ahead and honor people like Orgrim Doomhammer or Grom Hellscream. Also, I don't like Thrall.
Undead - 22
Tauren - 19
Troll - 23
Blood Elf - 5
Goblin - 24 I did always want to roll a goblin when we were on Wrath, but I didn't feel like going through the custom character profile thing. Goblins are just entertaining. Simple as that.

And of course, I can't leave here without mentioning humans. I don't understand the point of "They're boring". Characters are as boring as you make them to be. If you don't put in the effort, you get a boring character.
Dwarf - 19
Night Elf - 18
Draenei - 12

Orc - 18
Undead - 22
Tauren - 19
Troll - 20 -- Sorry, troll-lovers. While I adore the variety this race has, I often feel as though the setting has never made room for them. They have such rich racial histories, but only a fraction of it is accessible to player characters.
Blood Elf - 6 -- Their lore development has been pretty par for the course so far. I can't name many things they've done that are out of character for what and who they are. Poorly played? Well, it's not for me to say.
Goblin - 24
Oh, but silly Delta. There's plenty of room for them.

/peers at all the troll instances.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I notice that the alliance has lost a number of races already... FOR THE HORDE!

Dwarf - 19
Night Elf - 18
Draenei - 12

Orc - 18
Undead - 19 I just can't quite get behind a group of people that would like me more if I was dead. Or undead, as it may be.
Tauren - 20 I love Tauren culture and attitudes. FOR THE HORDE!
Troll - 20
Blood Elf - 6
Goblin - 24
(10-17-2013, 07:21 PM)CappnRob Wrote:
Quote:Draenei - 12 Although I'm not fond of their inability to be evil (other than their red-skinned relatives who are ALWAYS evil) they have pretty cool tech. I've always loved the Exodar, and I'd love to see Blizz update the lore and finally have the Exodar fixed.

Son I could show you SO many Draenei NPCs who are pricks.

It's all about working with the lore and knowing how to RP the race bruv.

Oh, I'm aware of people like the Elekk Handlers in Azuremyst, but those are pricks, not baby-eating Satanists who never wash.
Here I go, posting again. Definite thumbs up Nymus, this was a great thread idea!

Dwarf - 19
Night Elf - 18
Draenei - 9: While these creatures could be seen as the most uniquely "different" from all the other races, it tends to make me scared to embrace the characters and cultures. Because they are a 'foreign' race (aliens), they have such a rich history that can be overwhelming at times. While they are cool because of their differences, it doesn't outweigh the fact that they're downright hard to get used to in general.

Orc - 18
Undead - 20: Undead need some support here. While this is a race that massively suffers stereotypes, they are also one of the most unique races. You've got a race that has to balance hatred of the living because they live, hatred of the living because they usually misunderstand the undead, but forced alliance with living races (Horde) to keep them a thriving nation. While I don't actively RP a Forsaken, they are something I've always been eager to try for these very reasons.
Tauren - 20
Troll - 20
Blood Elf - 6
Goblin - 24
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
Dwarf - 19
Night Elf - 18
Draenei - 9:

Orc - 18
Undead - 17 - I really used to like these guys, I loved them and then came WOTLK and Cata. Blizz literally made me hate them, and playing them became an issue for me.
Tauren - 21 - The moment I saw them in WC3. I fell in love with the moo moos. I liked them for some reason I can't really put my finger onto. I enjoyed the campaign missions when it came to interacting with the tauren. Sadly I'm still not ready to roleplay one.
Troll - 20
Blood Elf - 6
Goblin - 24
(10-18-2013, 02:18 AM)Valicor Wrote: Here I go, posting again. Definite thumbs up Nymus, this was a great thread idea!

Thank ye! :3

(10-18-2013, 02:33 AM)Dug Wrote: Tauren - 21 - The moment I saw them in WC3. I fell in love with the moo moos. I liked them for some reason I can't really put my finger onto. I enjoyed the campaign missions when it came to interacting with the tauren. Sadly I'm still not ready to roleplay one.

I need to RP my Cowman more. You wanna do some later on? He hasn't developed at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
(10-18-2013, 01:47 AM)Nymus Wrote:
(10-17-2013, 07:21 PM)CappnRob Wrote:
Quote:Draenei - 12 Although I'm not fond of their inability to be evil (other than their red-skinned relatives who are ALWAYS evil) they have pretty cool tech. I've always loved the Exodar, and I'd love to see Blizz update the lore and finally have the Exodar fixed.

Son I could show you SO many Draenei NPCs who are pricks.

It's all about working with the lore and knowing how to RP the race bruv.

Oh, I'm aware of people like the Elekk Handlers in Azuremyst, but those are pricks, not baby-eating Satanists who never wash.

Son I'm talking about Kaylaan the Lost and Vindicator Khan and Exarch Maladaar and Levixus.

Also I'mma break neutrality because screw da haters-

Dwarf - 19
Night Elf - 18
Draenei - 10 - Yeah it is no surprise the draenei are my favorite race in WoW and while they do have some serious flaws in their lore being a big pile of retcons, they represent an excellent role playing challenge: they're obviously good to the core, but still they are flawed and prone to error. Portraying this well while staying within the expectations of their lore can be difficult, but ultimately rewarding. They have a lot of room for emotional pathos given their close connection to Eredar and Orcs, both of which betrayed them, but also a sense of tragedy and guilt- after all, they are in a sense indirectly responsible for some of the Legion's spread, perhaps even including the orcs. Superficially they seem shallow, but any "good guy" RPer worth his salt can find some seriously good material below the surface.

Orc - 15 - I don't dislike orcs per se, but I do dislike their cult of personality that seems to pervade over the entire Warcraft community at large. They have potential for great stories and emotional conflict, perhaps even the best, but most of the time orc appreciation devolves into FER DA HERD displays of shallow "badassery", and Blizzard's blatant favoritism for the race is frustrating. Why can't all the other races get whole books explaining their cultural rites, eh?
Undead - 17
Tauren - 21
Troll - 20
Blood Elf - 6
Goblin - 24
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(10-18-2013, 05:57 AM)Nymus Wrote:
(10-18-2013, 02:18 AM)Valicor Wrote: Here I go, posting again. Definite thumbs up Nymus, this was a great thread idea!

(10-18-2013, 02:33 AM)Dug Wrote: Tauren - 21 - The moment I saw them in WC3. I fell in love with the moo moos. I liked them for some reason I can't really put my finger onto. I enjoyed the campaign missions when it came to interacting with the tauren. Sadly I'm still not ready to roleplay one.

I need to RP my Cowman more. You wanna do some later on? He hasn't developed at all.

If I had a tauren of my own to bring I would, sadly I don't, mainly because like I said I'm not comfortable RPing them yet nor am I very familiar with the lore behind them. I know the basics but I have yet to make one. I can bring any other character though.
(10-18-2013, 06:13 AM)CappnRob Wrote: Son I'm talking about Kaylaan the Lost and Vindicator Khan and Exarch Maladaar and Levixus.

Really? Maladaar was a douchecake? The only time I can remember him being even semi-douchey was when you brought him a shard from a Nightstalker. Or is that a different Exarch?

(10-18-2013, 06:31 AM)Dug Wrote:
(10-18-2013, 05:57 AM)Nymus Wrote:

If I had a tauren of my own to bring I would, sadly I don't, mainly because like I said I'm not comfortable RPing them yet nor am I very familiar with the lore behind them. I know the basics but I have yet to make one. I can bring any other character though.

We can RP together with you on a different char (as long as it isn't Dorf, Nerm or Goblin) I can get you attuned to Tauren life! (Although I'm not any Tauren lore buff...)
Exarch Maladaar is the leader of the Auchenai cult in the crypts of Auchindoun. It's heavily implied he's directly responsible for the madness of the priests because he forced them to remain exposed to K'ure's shadow energy for his own desires. Something to that effect.
(10-18-2013, 07:09 AM)CappnRob Wrote: Exarch Maladaar is the leader of the Auchenai cult in the crypts of Auchindoun. It's heavily implied he's directly responsible for the madness of the priests because he forced them to remain exposed to K'ure's shadow energy for his own desires. Something to that effect.

I think that's more madness rather than arsehat-ery. Didn't he want to resurrect a Naaru?

EDIT: And Levixus is an Eredar.

(10-17-2013, 07:35 PM)Delta Wrote: Troll - 20 -- Sorry, troll-lovers. While I adore the variety this race has, I often feel as though the setting has never made room for them. They have such rich racial histories, but only a fraction of it is accessible to player characters.

There's all kinds of places! Major historical troll sites are literally everywhere--you've got ZF and ZG (both of which can actually be traversed inside without entering the instance, if you hop over the portal), ZA, ZD, ST, Jintha'Alor and the Altar of Zul (both in the Hinterlands), Gurubashi arena, and many more.

Not to mention the more minor unnamed troll ruins sites in StV, Cape, Hinterlands, Tanaris, and so forth, and the Darkspear camps in Durotar, Orgrimmar, and Echo Isles (for more "modern history").

In fact I think the only really major historical troll location that we don't have access to in-game is Zandalar isle, but we know a lot about it.

Needs moar slopes imo
Needs moar archaeology imo
(10-18-2013, 08:12 AM)Nymus Wrote:
(10-18-2013, 07:09 AM)CappnRob Wrote: Exarch Maladaar is the leader of the Auchenai cult in the crypts of Auchindoun. It's heavily implied he's directly responsible for the madness of the priests because he forced them to remain exposed to K'ure's shadow energy for his own desires. Something to that effect.

I think that's more madness rather than arsehat-ery. Didn't he want to resurrect a Naaru?

EDIT: And Levixus is an Eredar.

Levixus is a Draenei who -went back to the Eredar-. His father gives you the quest chain to destroy him :|

I'll give you Maladaar though, it seems the Dungeon Journal feature in Cata has given him a bit of a backstory now and yeah he's just completely crazy having seen everyone he loved die 8V

Edit: I got the Naaru wrong, it was D'ore, not K'ure. Doh!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's It Got In Its Pocketses? [Game] Caravan 8 3,511 11-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Race Elimination Game 2: Electric Nubaloo Nymus 17 3,156 07-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Hawk
  Class Elimination Game Nymus 92 15,539 11-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Holynexus
  But I dont know how to Rp as a <insert epic race here> therew 17 3,922 09-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Piken
  Silvermoon game crashes bug? Bitlordman 3 1,108 06-11-2013, 04:18 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel