The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Races
I have always wondered about CoTH's race rules. I dont get why you cant be a high elf.. they are still alive and in lore, they are still all around Azeroth and the outlands.. So I was just wondering why we cant be this race or any other you dont allow?
( Though some have a good reason because of being so powerful )
Well for one, the high elf skins are not available. There is also that the high elves are part of the alliance, and rolling a horde belf for the job wouldn't work. That coupled with how every one and their mother has tried it before makes them unavailable.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
Actually I am wondering something too, in lore there are Forest Trolls and rarly an ice troll or two, floating around in the horde, would it be possible to play a forest troll character, using a green skintone troll character? I am wondering because I have seen it done before, I was once in a guild of just Forest trolls and we had afew ice trolls with us (All of which were frostmane refugees).
It depends. Forest trolls such as the Amani are not, ice trolls like the Drakkari as well. The ones that would possibly work are Frostmane, or Revantusk, but even then it's a stretch, the skin colors don't match right for non-jungle variety.
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
Forrest trolls are something that's much of a grey area in lore, and really, we don't let people do them because in our experience, they are not done right.

Along with that, same could be said about high elves. Not to mention the fact that the addiction the bloodelves have is something that makes the characters more vunerable, which we like.

The rules, again, were put into place because we do not want everyone claiming non-standard characters, which WOULD happen if we allowed a non-standard race.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Ya, our guild had one major problem with the Forest troll gene type, we all had to use the same green skin tone, there is only one that works for Forest trolls on there sadly. The Frostmanes were a dull purple gray, with white and bluish hair.

The big one is, it is really hard to roleplay those races, honestly I had a hard time dealing with it at one point because I was also relativly new at the time. Overall though, special races need to first be looked over and you should make sure they can be Roleplayed effectivly. The same problem is with evil characters, not many people can actually roleplay evil cooperativly with others, since most evil looks out for its own goals.
There is a lot of flexibility with the pre-defined races, so don't worry about forest trolls and such. Also, evil is a lot of fun to play, but you have to understand how to do it properly. I remember reading an excellent guide on it someplace around here.
[Image: Signature.png]
Yes. And that being said, it's exactly the reason we have those rules in place. Because, if someone rolls one, and it's accepted, other people will want to follow suit.

So, we discourage it all together.

As for being evil... yes. Grakor had the topic up I beleive, or Kretol. When playing a bad guy, people seldom play the bad guy who -doesn't- sit around, twiddling his fingers, and cackling.

Realistically, "good" and "evil" are points of view. Someone who is evil could be more so perverse in their ideals, rather than outright murderous. The key to being a good evil character is to not concentrate on what you would do that'd make you seem like a bad guy, but to seriously step back, and think what action they'd take personality wise.

For instance, who's to say an evil character couldn't save people? Especially if he has a motive behind it.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Just to note...it's not just a matter of skin color. Forest trolls have an entirely different build from jungle trolls, they tend to be much broader and more muscular. I believe the jungle trolls are fairly unique in their lankiness, so the character models don't do the other troll types real justice.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
That sums it up for me, Though even if the blood elf model doesnt have the build. A BE DK would work. But im fine with just being a blood elf. Thanks!
I would think the GMs could be those type of race, since you could use .mod displayid and what not, they are a few High elven skins, they are just Blood elves without the green glow in there eyes.

Edit: Typo & They could probably be other races to, Though there is only one half elf model and other "Half" races don't even have models.
Who Loves Orange Soda?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What races would actually become a Death Knight? Samlock 4 1,660 04-01-2014, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Dae
  Sub-races and why We don't need to CMC them Thoradin 38 8,522 02-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Races and Mounts requiem225 10 2,406 06-26-2012, 11:28 AM
  Races... useless? Aadora 62 10,057 01-04-2012, 09:14 PM
  The histories of sentient races Etmosril 22 3,325 04-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Last Post: coreypotter585