The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rain on the Mountains
Rain on the Mountains

[Image: d3f06QBxqNA.jpg]

*A note bearing the Regiment's Sigil would be removed from the envelope it was delivered in. A message in Dwarven would be scrawled across the page. It read as followed:

Colonel Dawnhammer, Scouts have reported a large force of Dark Iron traitors have been spotted in the Searing Gorge. The Slagworks is their primary holding place within the Gorge, and they threaten to assault the Stonewrought Pass. Though the motive of the Dark Iron in the Slagworks is unknown, there is something else you should know...

*The letter goes on to reveal a sketch, most likely from a Scout, of a Tauren plated with Elementium Armor. The most notable feature, one in which the Colonel noticed, was that the Tauren was missing a single horn.*

I leave this with your judgement, Dawnhammer. You have told me the stories of the supposed assassin, and his supposed links with the Twilight. If what you say is true, then this may be your starting point. I wish you all the best, and may you bring glory to Khaz Modan.

Thane Haiko Modason.

The drums of war have sounded. Khaz Modan cries for freedom as its lands are ravaged by war. The Regiment gather their troops, heading South to the Searing Gorge. There they will encounter the Dark Iron who plan to besiege Stonewrought Pass, allowing them to swarm into Loch Modan. Noillin Dawnhammer, and those of the Second Battalion, march to prevent this overwhelming assault.

Will you be there to stand beside the mighty defenders of the Dwarven Lands? Only time can tell....

(OOC) :

The event is about the Second Battalion of the Regiment marching to the Searing Gorge to engage in fierce combat with the Dark Iron. The event itself is open to Alliance only, due to the Regiment's standing with the Horde. Dwarfs and Gnomes are extremely preferred to join, since it is their lands that are endangered by the Dark Iron, and I will be allowing any and all Dwarves and Gnomes to enlist in the Regiment before and during the event chain.

This is to allow characters with "Nothing to do" to find something to do. At the same time, it will allow the dwarf and gnome population rise, resulting in much better roleplay for all. Other races are accepted, and must speak with Noillin Dawnhammer to be allowed to accompany them. If you have any questions on recruitment or the event, PM me on the forums.

Times:

The event (And future ones) will be held at 12:00 PM Server time, and will vary depending on how much I have to cram in to them.

Event 1: The call is answered

The Regiment Second Battalion head to the Searing Gorge to investigate the force of Dark Iron located in the Slagworks.

Outcome: The Regiment arrive to find the Dark Iron already marching towards the Pass with a force of 175 Soldiers. The Regiment stood strong, and managed to overcome their force. After a brief encounter with their leader, Lazarus Darksmith, the Regiment were forced to fight a Golem sent by their leader. Becoming victorious, the Regiment have now fortified their position, planning their next operation...

Event 2: The Slagworks - The Abyss

After discovering that the Dark Iron are summoning reinforcements, Colonel Dawnhammer chooses to send a small, special operations force to investigate and possibly stem the flow of reinforcements.

Outcome: Using Dark Iron drill machines seized from previous battles, the Second Battalion drilled into the chamber of the Cauldron which contained the Portal. Fighting their way past the summoners and other defense, the Second Battalion fought the portal master himself. Almost being overwhelmed, the Second Battalion just barely managed to defeat the portal master. Destroying the portal before more reinforcements could swarm through, the Regiment eagerly await the opportunity to besiege the Cauldron.

Event 3: The Battle for the Cauldron - Part 1:

With the Dark Iron's reinforcements cut off, the newly appointed General Dawnhammer rallies all his soldiers, equipment and whatever they can use for one final assault against the Dark Iron in the hopes of finishing this conflict once and for all....

Outcome:

The Regiment furiously charged the Dark Iron with no word of warning. Both sides throwing everything they had at each other, Golems, Siege Weapons, even the Dark Irons threw out a Magma Giant. Cortharian was now present, revealing the Dark Iron's alignment with the Twilight. Though the Regiment were victorious, they suffered heavy losses, Dawnhammer himself questioning his ability to see this through...

Event 4: The Battle for the Cauldron - Part 2:

Cortharian and his forces were pushed back to the Inner Sanctum of the Cauldron. With the Regiment on their tail, the remnants of Cortharian's forces fortify the Cauldron to defend themselves against the Regiment. Though in short number, General Dawnhammer is determined to inflict justice upon Cortharian for his crimes...

Outcome:

Despite the odds, the Regiment fought valiantly through the hostile forces they came across. Their minds and bodies tested by the dark magic of Cortharian, Dawnhammer and his allies eventually overcame the Harbinger of the Twilight. Unable to kill the beast due to his morals as a Paladin, Dawnhammers friend Sorrowfang dealt the killing blow. Learning the truth that their former General, Haiko Modason, was still alive, Noillin now marched his forces back to Loch Modan. The search for Modason has begun...

Event 5: The Defense of Thelsamar

Returning to Thelsamar, Lazarus pulled back his troops after hearing of Cortharian's fall. The General waited patiently for the Twilight to resurface, fortifying the town of Thelsamar and preparing his soldiers for their enduring war in the Loch, determined to finish what Modason had begun long ago. However, Scout reports have told of a large body of Twilight heading directly for Thelsamar. The Regiment and the Thelsamar Mountaineers prepare for a bloody and long night...

Outcome:

Unfortunately, even though Dawnhammer had set up his defenses as best as he could, the Regiment were pushed back to the center of the town where they made their last stand. After being assaulted by an array of enemies, ranging from Kobolds to Ogres, they stood before the Ettin which lead the attack. Combining the might of the united clansmen of the Dwarves, the Regiment managed to fully overcome the beast. With the Regiment gradually getting smaller, it was only a matter of time before the Regiment would eventually be wiped out.... All that was needed is for Dawnhammer to decide where they make their final stand.

Event 6 - Across the Planes of Loch Modan

After Thelsamar recovered from the recent defense against the Twilight, Dawnhammer plans to mobilize the Regiment and move them to the East. With the town under threat by Lazarus' hatred for Dawnhammer and the Regiment, Dawnhammer fears Thelsamar will fall should they continue to defend the town. Heading to the Ironband Excavation Site, The Regiment plan to fortify the position and hold their ground to the last dwarf...

Outcome:

A hazardous trek across the Loch ensued. The Regiment's convoy came under attack by the Dark Iron as they passed Grizzlepaw Ridge, though the Dark Iron underestimated the Regiment, even as their numbers dwindled. Moving into the open, they discovered debris from the Scar of the Worldbreaker, using it as cover as they found their positions under fire by mortar fire of an unknown source. Eventually they were found by the Twilight, with Dawnhammer and a small group passing through a dark valley to bypass, discovering a nest of spiders, fighting them off and killing their broodmother.

After a grueling journey, the Regiment and it's volunteers have reached the Excavation Site. Now the long days draw close...
Noillin Dawnhammer [Alive] - "We ride ta' battle together, not alone..."

'Gray' [Alive] - "I will not let my sacrifices go in vain... Never..."

Dragor Bloodfury [Alive] - "The cries of our comrades will not go unheard!"
Updated the next event which will be held the same time next Saturday!

Feedback can be posted here!:
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...#pid306496

Due to Internet issues, I have decided to push tonight's event to next weekend. Hopefully I shouldn't be as busy and my Internet should be repaired! Sorry !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The next Regiment event will be occurring at 12PM Server Time tomorrow! Whisper me or message me on Skype if your interested on the day, or PM me on the forums!

Due to unforeseen events, the event has been pushed back for two hours at 2 Server Time!

I've taken the time to postpone Regiment events until next Saturday. Reasons for this being the planning for the next event will need more time, including myself and many of you having other business during the Festive Period.

Updated with new Outcome for the 3rd Event!

The Regiment are now free to roam the world without needing to be called for battle by their General. For a few weeks I will give you all a break to explore the world! This is mainly due to needing to attend to college work, however I will continue my duties and be sure to keep you posted on when the next event is!

Updated the Regiment post with recent information!

Updated the Regiment post after the sixth event!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rain on the Mountains: Extinction (04-05-2014) Franksta96 0 901 03-18-2014, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Franksta96
  Rain on the Mountains: The Plains of Loch Modan (02-16-2014) Franksta96 2 1,025 02-15-2014, 02:52 PM
  Rain on the Mountains: The Defense of Thelsamar (02-02-2014) Franksta96 0 962 01-31-2014, 12:54 PM
  Rain on the Mountains: The Battle for the Cauldron - Part 2 (01-05-2014) Franksta96 1 917 01-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Dug
  Rain on the Mountains: The Battle for the Cauldron - Part 1 (12-29-2013) Franksta96 0 805 12-29-2013, 08:57 AM