The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Ranks and Some Information on Timelines
A lot of people have asked how their characters and accounts will be handled. After much discussion, designing, more discussion, and redesigning, this is the system we will be using:

Visitor - This is the rank you are when you first visit the server. You don't need any work to get it, it's free of charge. You can view the forums and post in the Introductions, General Discussion, and Off Topic areas.

Peon - Once your application is accepted, you'll be bumped up to a Peon. Work work! Now can log onto the server and post in any of the public forums, including the ever-important Character Profiles section.

Grunt - After you earn three vouches and are approved by a GM, you will be a Grunt. You can log onto the server and post in the public forums, and can vouch. Make sure those vouches are well-thought-out and sincere, or they may be negated.

Hero - Heroes are a special rank of player that the GMs have decided unanimously has shown excellent RP skills, model OOC behavior, an impressive grip on the lore, and dedication to the server. If you attain this rank, you can log onto the server and post in the public forums as well as the Heroes discussion area, can vouch, and can claim a title or advanced power. (Such as a prestige title, or high ranks in military or political arenas.) As the GMs settle into the new system, they may decide to offer Heroes even more perks. You CANNOT apply to be a Hero. GMs will approach you if they feel you are Hero material and offer the title, which you are free to decline or accept for any reason. If you harass any GMs for the Hero title, you will be demoted one level, and will have to re-earn your previous rank.

Trial GM - These are players that the GMs have discussed thoroughly and are considering for the GM rank. They have many of the same benefits as Heroes (and may in fact be promoted from the Heroes rank), but they can access portions of the GM discussion area and have some of the GM commands. They will be able to help out with some small problems, but they CANNOT level players or give them items, so don't ask them for those.

GM - These are full-fledged GMs that can do a multitude of useful things for the server. They have full access to the entire forums, and can post topics in the News, Server Policies, and move threads to the Articles and Guides section. They can approve applications and profiles, as well as level characters and add items to their inventory.

Content GM - These are exactly the same as GMs, just with a more focused goal: world and storyline development. They may opt out of having the ability to level or add items to character's inventories so that they may better focus on weaving new stories and adding new lore content to the server.

Admin - Kretol! He has all the big, fancy buttons that allow the server to function. This is his server, and you are a guest here. Please keep that in mind as you read the rules.

Candidates for the Hero rank will be contacted soon and an announcement will be made when we know who all has accepted the rank. (FAQ on Heroes coming soon, too!)

Shortly after the server goes down, everyone's rank will be dropped to "Visitor", save for the GMs, Heroes, and a number of Grunts that we feel represent the Grunt rank well. Once the server is up again, we will be accepting applications to join the server (these will be in a specific format, which will also be announced shortly in a news post).

The original intention of the server was to be a very small, family-like group of dedicated RPers. We have strayed from this, and we'd like to get back to that. What this means is that we are going to "downsize" a bit in our population. This isn't meant to be a punishment or a threat, as I said, we are returning to our original purpose.

And now a word on timelines:

Please do not assume you will be able to copy and paste your profile when the server is back up and running. The timeline WILL be changing, although we are still discussing exactly how. It is safest to assume that you will be starting with a "blank slate", although that doesn't mean that you cannot MODIFY a character to fit the new timeline. The official decision on the timeline will be announced when it is agreed upon.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Wait, so we're all starting from scratch and having to re-earn all our Vouches, and having to redo our characters?
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
Yes.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Wow. That's, annoying.
I just hope there'll be some Heroes on in my Timezone, or I'm screwed!

Also, I guess that means the entire Profile section of the Wiki will be cleared?
Grunts can still vouch, so no sweat.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Ah!
But even those are gonna be cut back greatly, and I don't doubt I'll be a cutback!
Curse you reality!
I like this idea at all, actually, I wanted to change Atum's class to Warlock. So we CAN'T copy and paste the same profile, we need to write a new one, am I right?

I didn't get exactly what you're going to do about the timelines, but I believe it's a good thing. I mean, you wouldn't just change it because you want to force some people to go out of here, would you?

Anyway, I just hope those ArcEmu guys get the job done, I wanna RP! *sends a huge Shadowbolt at them all*
Though many might consider you bigoted, you're driven by your strong beliefs and no one can prove you wrong.
xatumx Wrote:I like this idea at all, actually, I wanted to change Atum's class to Warlock. So we CAN'T copy and paste the same profile, we need to write a new one, am I right?

Qaza Wrote:Please do not assume you will be able to copy and paste your profile when the server is back up and running.

From the original post.

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Another big Question I'm sure a load of people are thinking:
What's gonna happen with the Stormwind Storyline? Where will that go?
Could we alter our profiles to fit it to the server time line?

And also When may we post new profiles? When the server is up or when the timeline is known?
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
Oi folks you ARE reading the above, yes?

Quote:It is safest to assume that you will be starting with a "blank slate", although that doesn't mean that you cannot MODIFY a character to fit the new timeline. The official decision on the timeline will be announced when it is agreed upon.
Live your own life; you die your own death
Also: Server Restart/Downage Question Thread
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Yeah, I know that, but it's not gonna be possible to kill off all the Zombies in 2 days is it? We're gonna be counting on a big withdrawal.
It's best to actually play that out instead of rolling over and giving up, right?

~Kurt Vonnegut
Which I would be doing if my lag rate was spiking to 5k! I'll get those buggers tomorrow though, I've got a whole bag of grenades with their names on them.
Live your own life; you die your own death

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applications and Timelines Qaza 5 1,682 12-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Mikain
  Patch 2.4 - and information re: future patch/expansions Reetha 0 830 02-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Reetha
  Server Status Information Kretol 0 3,645 10-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Kretol