The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rapid Progression
This is something I've noticed while taking a 5-day break. I'm not bashing anyone, by any means, so please, do not take this to heart. I love you all, honestly!

But yes, I've noticed that storylines on the server progress very rapidly, and change drastically within days. Being away, and trying desperately to catch up on what I missed by reading the forums, makes it feel like a month has gone by in my "RP life". Honestly, I'm having a hard time getting back to my character, just because I don't know where I should be. o.o;

That being said, I know a lot of changes are GOING to happen, out of the need for a centrifical plot for the server. (Which seems to be going awesome, good job guys!) I guess what I'm getting at is that, honestly, it's starting to feel a bit exclusive. I dunno if I'm alone on this.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

^^/

Let me respond as best I can. No offense taken of course! This is a valid concern and comment. I'm still struggling to match forum names to characters so I can't entirely be sure which character is feeling left out.

As for the recent shift and progression of story lines. Alfie, Ruder, and myself have been working hard to present the server with something it can truly sink it's teeth into. Everyone is welcome to participate in this event. And I agree that the initial introduction of this story line was rapid. This was necessary just to get it flowing, things will slow down on our end now to allow players to respond and develop their own stories around this.

ALL players have the opportunity to embrace the new developments and get involved. Not all players will write about it on the forums, so assuming they are excluded is not accurate. Also, major events are not limited to what we do as GMs. The entire trial and rescue attempt was cooked up by a group of players. It is not that others are excluded from doing so, it is just that not everyone chooses to develop such an involved story arc.

I encourage anyone who encounters the demonic invasion to write about or let other players know ICly. The more citizens of Azeroth who are able to get involved, the better! Trust me, if you want to beat this force and drive it back, you will all need to work together. We haven't posted much ourselves about the events in place because we want you to go discover ICly for yourself :D

As far as other development is concerned. Many of the plans in place for player areas are being done for the benefit of the server as well. Drudaen Farms was a project begun in November, I believe, which is being finished off and now provides the players with a location to easily access mounts and pets. Other areas will also be developed and you are free to include your suggestions in the suggestion forum.

I think I covered the most recent events that might have been viewed as exclusive, but if there is more please let me know. It is honestly our intention to just give an opening for story development. What each individual player chooses to do with it will determine their own involvement.

Oh! Also, random puppeteering. While I'm babbling about recent event. This was a lot of the new GMs practicing commands and learning the art. In the future, puppeteering will be limited to large scale events, player requests (depending on availability), and GM whims. It likely won't be something you see on a daily basis.
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Any way to involve Bishnak in a manner different from the whole 'heroes set out to counter the invasion'-approach? I'd have to think of one first, just wondering what limitations there are/what's allowed.
In part, I was mostly adressing the players on rapid progression. :p Although, sometimes the demons and bugs and such do seem tedious. This isn't secluded to recent RPing either, it happened a lot with older characters too. You really can't be away for a few days...it feels like you get forgotton.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Bishnak Wrote:Any way to involve Bishnak in a manner different from the whole 'heroes set out to counter the invasion'-approach? I'd have to think of one first, just wondering what limitations there are/what's allowed.
There's always the "That crap is in my darn way" approach. XD

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I think the safest thing to do is.. react as your character would. Some will join forces to fight. Some will refuse to believe it's happening. Some may aid the legion. Some may try to hide the invasion from the populace. Some may pick up and move to Kalimdor! Really I see no limitation on how you react other than to be true to your character.
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Excellent.
This is definitely a valid concern, but I think both sides of the issue have been addressed here, whether they realize it or not. Whatever pace the RP goes at, some will say it's too fast and they feel lost, and others will say it's too slow and tedious.

There will not be sudden, major events every day, or every week. By the same token, if something happens where the whole point is for a sudden onrush or change, that's how it will go. If you're away for it, then you're away for it. Don't worry. There are plenty of ways to play it off in-character.

With that said, please be assured that the plot will have it's fast and slow points, just like any book, movie, play, or other plot. There will be time to catch your breath.

If you're away for days, or even weeks, you are not forgotten. On the other hand, you are not there, so it's hard to include your character. If you're going to be gone for a while, say so so we know you haven't just faded off, and when you get back, just think of something that your characters have been doing that would keep them away for a while.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
The others have pretty much said what I was planning to.

The opening was just that: The opening. Everything that went on the past day or two was all about the Legion breaking into the world and trying to find a footing. They have done so at Nethergarde. I'll write up a small post on it, trying to inform but not give a major amount of IC information.

After all, half the fun is finding out for yourself, no?
Alrighty guys, thank you very much for all your input. :p

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragons, Progression, and What it means to us! OH MY! Harmonic 61 11,379 12-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Last Post: aroes
  Regarding Character Progression Nexi 1 709 06-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Mikain