Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Aethon
09-22-2018 09:00 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 45
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Stealthscout
09-05-2018 03:04 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 81636
What is glistening
Last Post: Geoni
07-04-2018 01:24 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 305
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3021
Introduction Memphis
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 05:09 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 3657

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Recommended games.
I find myself killing time on games like TF2 (TeamFortress2) and S4 League, gotta love some competition, and the accents on TF2 crack me up.

KOTOR1 is made of undeniable win, half of that win being from HK-47, his witty lines are always one to please this meatbag.
Yukai the Spiritwalker; Answers come in my sleep.
Look at me! I can shamelessly link my storythread too!
PM
Project Reality - Awesome team based version of battlefield 2, except so much more full of win, and no frikken bunnies running around. Huge maps with different play modes ranging from the normal AAS (Assault and secure) to Insurgency maps, there's

Dystopia - It's both a normal FPS, with cool implants, weapons and classes as well as cyberspace!

Then there's all the amazing maps and minigames for WC3 and TFT.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

PM
Yukai Wrote:I find myself killing time on games like TF2

Yeah, I love TF2. I don't play so much anymore though, since I get bored if I'm not with friends on my favourite. I play L4D quite a bit too; it's pretty good.

IMO KotOR1 is worth the £20 alone (I think I'll play KotOR last since I;ve already played it on Xbox) and Republic Commando is damn good. The single player Jedi Outcast is just awful; it's too easy to beat storm troopers and it just feels like a puzzle game half the time. The multiplayer is pretty addictive though. I've yet to try BF1 and Empire at War.

£20 well spent.
Hi... I'm the new guy.
PM
Battleground Europe
Europa Universalis III
Silent Hunter 3
Hearts of Iron II
Uplink
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
PM
If you can..

Fable: The lost chapters (PC).

My copy is ruined. And I cried. And I shall never love like I have loved that game.

It's a game that you can play over and over and over again, and NEVER get sick of it one bit. Each quest/surprise will be a surprise each time. PLUS, You'll totally be replaying it each time just to finish stuff like finding keys, getting completely evil, getting completely good, ect. You gain a halo and butterflies as you do good deeds, and horns and bugs flying around you as you do bad deeds.

OH. And you can get married and stuff, and.. Rofl. You can make NPC go gay. If they aren't already gay for you. /SNORT

But yeah! GETITGETITGETITGETIT. /end
Y'know, if I could figure out how to do one of those fancy character list thingies everyone has in their signature, I would.. Soso. So. There! /pout
PM
Duke Nukem Forev-OWAITASECONDTHER

The only game I'm really into at all, besides CoTH o'course, is Huxley right now. Mostly because of my dwindling amounts of free time. Nonetheless, it's a good game. So far. It's only in beta, but it seems pretty solid. It's a sort of MMOFPSRPG thing. Four races, two factions, three classes, lots of customizability.

On a side note, Al, you never miss the chance to talk up Project Reality, do ya?
PM
Man. I am among the seven people on the planet who really didn't like Oblivion, aren't I?

I played Morrowind without picking up another game in any large sense for three years straight, and I didn't even do half the things in the game. The -lore- behind the world and the characters within it is fantastic... and discovering it is only one part of the fun. All the dialogue is in text, and it acts almost like a wiki-entry: key points are links, and clicking asks the NPC about the topic. This means that the flexibility in just the merchants is incredible, much less the actual questgivers. Yeah, okay, the graphics were awful... but the substance of the world was so intriguing that I could forgive it.

Oblivion is what happened when they took Morrowind, drained the customizable gameplay and class creation, moved it to Cyrodiil, and then spent the rest of their time and funds on lighting, ragdoll, and bumpmapping. I played Oblivion for, at most, two months. Got tired of hearing the same voice-clips, and throwing plates around only entertained me for so long. So did the single floorplan for every oblivion gate. Aaaand SCALING. AUGH. Why can you kill -everyone- in the Imperial City with three swipes from a rusty dagger at level one, but at twenty, a guard thinks about looking at you and you keel over.

In short- Morrowind is absolutely amazing. I wish they'd have kept the old systems, and really only added the graphics and combat in Oblivion. The 'amazing' living NPCs with their own agendas was incredible... except the game crashes most machines already, so almost all the command lines for the NPC goodness were left blank anyway.

D:

Buy Morrowind.

Don't be a sheep.

Fight tha powah!
-proxeh-proxxi-pr0xx0rz-proxxanne-pro.x.x.x.-proxay-prawckzi-pr0kkles-proxxaganda-pr0kzimity-
[Verdantine] says: I've found eating things given to you by strange elves can lead to magical adventure and the loss of limbs!
PM
Proxy Wrote:Man. I am among the seven people on the planet who really didn't like Oblivion, aren't I?

I played Morrowind without picking up another game in any large sense for three years straight, and I didn't even do half the things in the game. The -lore- behind the world and the characters within it is fantastic... and discovering it is only one part of the fun. All the dialogue is in text, and it acts almost like a wiki-entry: key points are links, and clicking asks the NPC about the topic. This means that the flexibility in just the merchants is incredible, much less the actual questgivers. Yeah, okay, the graphics were awful... but the substance of the world was so intriguing that I could forgive it.

Oblivion is what happened when they took Morrowind, drained the customizable gameplay and class creation, moved it to Cyrodiil, and then spent the rest of their time and funds on lighting, ragdoll, and bumpmapping. I played Oblivion for, at most, two months. Got tired of hearing the same voice-clips, and throwing plates around only entertained me for so long. So did the single floorplan for every oblivion gate. Aaaand SCALING. AUGH. Why can you kill -everyone- in the Imperial City with three swipes from a rusty dagger at level one, but at twenty, a guard thinks about looking at you and you keel over.

In short- Morrowind is absolutely amazing. I wish they'd have kept the old systems, and really only added the graphics and combat in Oblivion. The 'amazing' living NPCs with their own agendas was incredible... except the game crashes most machines already, so almost all the command lines for the NPC goodness were left blank anyway.

D:

Buy Morrowind.

Don't be a sheep.

Fight tha powah!

Oh my. Somebody actually has my opinion on Oblivion!

Truth is, no matter how much they say it isn't, Vvardenfell was larger than Cyrodiil. There were about 10 different landscapes, and, what, 6/7 different kinds of dungeon? Not to mention the 5/6 different kinds of town. Whenever i think of that game i nostalgia so badly...

I miss the multitude of weapon and armor skills. Where did medium armor go, and daggers as well as polearms? I don't see how an axe is a blunt weapon!

And yes, i get extremely bored when RIDING through the randomised and boring landscapes of Oblivion, but in Morrowind i was able to lose myself for months (In real life, literal months) in just the Ascadian Isles. In Oblivion i can cruise through the entire region and simply fall asleep.

I think Bethesda simply wanted to market the game to the "New" game audience; Swish graphics, voices, combat and a cheap and easy-to-follow storyline.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
PM
Mount and Blade! Ultimate Sandbox Medieval Simulation. Getting tired of the vanilla? Check out the literally hundreds of big mods of the game to alter items, maps and even worlds!
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
PM
You've probably heard of the gigantic failure Gothic 3 and his brother expansion the Forsaken Gods..

But the first two and the first expansion... Classics.

Gothic 1
Gothic 2 & G2 Night of the Raven

It might be hard to find them, but.. I don't even have to rethink it, they're in my eyes the best games on the planet.

It's creepy, it's fun, it's challenging, it's epic, it's mysterious, it's dark, it's... Gothic!
PM
Neither the newer Gothic games nor the Elder Scrolls are failures. It's all a matter of opinion. *winks*

I strongly encourage you to check them both and form your own.

I, being quite a graphics creator myself, simply love both Oblivion and Gothic III at least for their graphical improvments. There's a huge leap from both Morrowind and Gothic II to the newer ones in the series. Here's a few examples:
- LOD
- Foliage. Let's face it, the improvements are huge here. (Oblivion vs Morrowind, also Gothic III vs Gothic II)
- Normal Mapping. Transfering details from high poly meshes to low poly ones in order to add this realistic detail but keeping it simple at the same time (Click here for a screenshot that pretty much says it all)
- improved Bump Mapping and Illumination (that creates more realism) also through the help of Specular Maps (Clearly seen: here)
- Bloom & HDR Lighting (You can pretty much select which one you want, look here)

Before you all jump and say "Graphics are NOT what makes a game" I'll tell you that it's at least half of what attracts a customer and those first looks. A good first impression leads to wanting to play it more and just then you get the feel of the story. And don't tell me the storylines in Oblivion and Gothic III are bad, cause I've seen games that pretty much fail. I'm not saying they're the best but they are fair enough.
If I'd have to choose the best storyline between the newer series of Gothic and Elder Scrolls and the older series I'd definitelly pick the older as well though. Gothic II was amazing and so was Morrowind. But the work put in the newest games of the series simply inspires me and I kneel before it. ^^
"Educate yourself in the art of true metal."
"From the Heaven of My Heart" & "Silver Bride" - Amorphis (Skyforger)

"Beyond the Stars"
~ Head over to our own subforum on CotH Worlds and enjoy. ^^
PM
I will never kneel before Gothic 3, nevah! *runs away Mud style and gets eaten by a meatbug*
PM
Rakkezai Wrote:On a side note, Al, you never miss the chance to talk up Project Reality, do ya?

We needz moar playahz!

Heh, and it´s an awesome teamwork based game, tons of fun!
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

PM
I do actually have the disc for Morrowind somewhere (it's damn addictive) as well as Bloodmoon, Tribunal (the expansions) and an editing set thing, which allowed me to spawn whatever the hell I want.
Oblivion was pretty good (not as good, of course) but I only had it on the 360.

Damn I loved Morrowind. You know that city elevated above the water (I forget the name, it was yeasr ago) with those guards in the strange armour, well I tried stealing their armour and pretending to be one of them and they arrested me. :(
Then I spawned the armour but apparantly they don't like me wearing the same stuff as them. I then killed that demigod guy. To be honest I never really bothered with any of the quests, but I assume it takes way more than about two days to do everything (which is how long Oblivion took me; including the dark brotherhood, becoming a vampire, all the guild etc.). Oblivion was still pretty good, but it's nothing compared to Morrowind.

...Where is that disc?
Hi... I'm the new guy.
PM
Thanks to all this talking about Morrowind, I decided to give it a go seeing as I rather enjoyed Oblivion.
It was quite a downgrade from the Oblivion Graphics though, until a fellow I know pointed out a Mod that plays Morrowind with the Oblivion Graphics files. The result is that it's still Morrowind, but looks identical to Oblivion!
The Link underneath has both an example Window and the Download Link.

http://morroblivion.com/download

(Note: I've not actually tried this yet, I still need to patch up and whatnot. )
Hogral Coalbeard - Impulsive Explorer
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas Games? Nymus 7 183 12-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  The Japanese make some funny games. Roxas65 4 275 08-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Kage
  Bored of Current games Revan 27 616 06-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Nymus
  Books based on Blizzard games Bovel 15 454 06-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Bovel
  The state of video games these days SpiralLateralus 18 598 08-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Last Post: dastmo