The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Reflections
Reflections

Dunlain

"Who am I?"

"You've asked yourself this question a lot, yet you've never been able to find the answer have you?"

"... Who am I?"

"You are... a Runemaster. A husband - perhaps even a father soon? You are a noble man. Redeemed."

"Redeemed... am I truly redeemed? Is what I do so different now?"

"I'm sorry, I guess I must have missed the people who you TORTURED in fanatical zeal recently. Things are getting blurry what with you drowning yourself in alcohol to make you forget..."

"Alright, fine. Points for leaving behind the iron maidens. But isn't every cause that people fight for a righteous one in their head? The Scarlet Crusade was mad, but... they thought the same about us, didn't they? It seems all that has happened is that I've changed sides. I'm still fighting some variation of foe that threatens our way of life and... I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I've had to kill murderers and thieves to get paid by the military, but I've just murdered a man and stolen money myself. How can I call myself noble?"

"You're not a damn philosopher. Questions about right and wrong aren't for you to decide. You defeat whatever's trying to kill you and what you love and that's all there is to it. It's simply the way this world is. Everyone's done vile things, and your woman loves you in spite of it. Get over it.

"How can you say that after everything I've done?! I NEED to know if I'm ever going to be a good man or if I'm doomed to let my past define me forever. Can I overcome it? It haunts me wherever I go... like a shadow on the wall.

... but how would you know? You're just a damned mirror... you can't help me."
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reflections Reigen 9 2,924 08-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Reflections of a Weary Soul JVNemesis 10 2,422 12-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Last Post: JVNemesis