The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Regarding Chat Channels
Since you all seem so set on only reading one part of the Chat FAQs, allow me to draw your attention to something.

And I quote:

Q: Someone asked me to move channels/stop spamming!

A: Move channels. Respect other players' requests. They're trying to help, so that if a GM does take note of your chat, it will already be in the right channel, and you won't end up in trouble.

Is that clear enough for you?
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Personally, I think it's saddening that people don't show values that they should be bought up with. If you're asked to stop something or to do something somewhere else you should have the RESPECT, COURTESY and INITIATIVE to do so. You all should know where the line is drawn and shouldn't need people breathing down your back to tell you when you've gone too far. It's a real shame.
[Image: Untitled-332.png]
I think the letters should be bigger Q, but really I hope people read this and take it in.
Man I was telling people the other day to stop with their juvenile barren-esque humor in chat and people didn't give a crap, they even doubled it out of spite.
Then next time screenshot it and report it (or send in the screenshots to a GM if you have), so that those players can be dealt with.

This stuff really needs to come to a screeching halt.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Yeah I know, but I was late for something and had to run.
sasail Wrote:Personally, I think it's saddening that people don't show values that they should be bought up with. If you're asked to stop something or to do something somewhere else you should have the RESPECT, COURTESY and INITIATIVE to do so. You all should know where the line is drawn and shouldn't need people breathing down your back to tell you when you've gone too far. It's a real shame.

Of course they don't. That would involve effort. Shame as a social motivator hasn't even one-tenth of the clout it had even 30 years ago. People complain that kids don't get a decent education in the "three R's" (and whoever devised that name needs to be taken out and shot...) - this is because teachers spend all their time teaching kids manners instead of academia.

I agree, it is a shame that people don't have decent social graces any more. But, it's hardly our responsibility to teach them social graces. If people don't know how to behave properly they should either learn from example (I've noticed a lot of the people on this server are of a much higher caliber than on other servers I've played on) or go away until they learn some manners. Read the forums, FAQs and Wiki. If your excuse for not doing so is "I don't like reading", then what are you doing here??

[/endrant]
酒なくて
何の己が
桜かな

Without sake
What is the use of
Cherry blossoms?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chat rule clarifications? Harmonic 39 5,939 04-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Campfire Chat Piken 35 6,415 11-30-2009, 12:20 AM