The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Reigen's (Cata) Renovating
Considering my old thread was mostly -all- custom patch items, I figured a new thread was in order for any building that I'm doing on the Cataclysm server. So far all I've been going in sprucing up existing areas. So far this is what I have done:
  • Re-decorated the Azshara mage tower
  • Made many NPCs in Ironforge, Silvermoon and Stormwind homeless. If it had a bed in it, I likely moved the NPCs out.
  • Decorated the RIGLEY SPAWNED buildings in Hearthglen and around the Western Plaguelands.
  • Dawnstar village has been respawned and decorated. The yelling NPCs should also all be gone. As before, Dawnstar is Horde only.
  • Chapel outside of the Catacombs. I rearranged the chairs to make it look nicer. I figured it could make a nice rundown church area that's still in use by...whoever.
  • Magisters Terrence. The location is mean to be a replacement noble house due to the loss of the custom patch. All guards are marked as 'friendly' to all factions, however, it can only be claimed by horde as it is very clearly a blood elf place.
  • Sunwell Raid. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE ALLIANCE. I figured this will make for a good location for belf political stuff as well as pilgrimages to the Sunwell. It's about as done as I can make it, but if you have suggestions, please let me know.
  • Twilight Grove - Turning this into a nelf/worgen area.

Here are my current work in process builds:
  • The Netherstorm tower. [I'm making it a more 'evil' vision of the mage tower].
  • Zeramas. Currently a lot of the items that were there before are gone. I plan on respawning them close to how it was on the WOTLK server.
  • Custom patch area.
Reigen, since the Worgen have moved into Raven Hill, could you populate it a bit more? It's like two NPCs and a tent or two, it could use some more furnishing and random Worgen NPC villagers or something? Maybe make it an alliance rp spot?
Cayce Northend - Druid of the Cenarion Circle
Micheru Bloodrune - Moonglade Ranger / Vagabond
Gratua Daggermouth - Walking the path of Lo'gosh
Medrit Brightwind - Wandering Swordsmaster
I'll see about sprucing it up some. I wish I could remove all the bones that were in the buildings, but I'll see what I can do.
(04-30-2013, 01:47 PM)Reigen Wrote: I'll see about sprucing it up some. I wish I could remove all the bones that were in the buildings, but I'll see what I can do.

What are the limitations of this new server, especially without the special patch? I don't want to go requesting ideas that are clearly impossible.
Added some NCPs around. Put a fire in the main house with refugees around it. Sadly the buildings are too broken down with rubble for me to properly do anything with.

EDIT: Sorry Dae, didn't see your message. Without the custom patch, a lot of the vanity items that were around before are no longer aviable. Most all spawnable buildings are human in some form or other. There are variations, however of what I am not sure. Most the blood elven stuff cannot be recreated, same with night elven things. Not to mention half the items are named wrong, so you never know what you're going to get.
Hey Reigen, could you do something with the Catacombs? They used to be so cool.

I know a lot of the items we were using we can't now, but if you could set up a new bar area in the main room and so on, I'd love you forever.
I would really honestly prefer if the Catacombs remained mostly bare without too much in the way of furnishings. They are a very creepy location, and setting up a bar and covering it with lots of furniture (and blood elf curtains eww) just completely kills the atmosphere of it.
(05-03-2013, 11:15 PM)Scout Wrote: I would really honestly prefer if the Catacombs remained mostly bare without too much in the way of furnishings. They are a very creepy location, and setting up a bar and covering it with lots of furniture (and blood elf curtains eww) just completely kills the atmosphere of it.

They are also a very good location for hidden criminal roleplay, which is what the bar there was set up for - we need a place that's off the beaten path for shady characters to do business in. Doesn't have to be the Catacombs, but we need somewhere.
I agree with the notion that there should be somewhere.

Maybe Undermine, since that's going to be a place?
Undermine is a place, it's open now. And it's pretty good for shady stuff, lots of uh, back areas.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(05-03-2013, 11:15 PM)Scout Wrote: I would really honestly prefer if the Catacombs remained mostly bare without too much in the way of furnishings. They are a very creepy location, and setting up a bar and covering it with lots of furniture (and blood elf curtains eww) just completely kills the atmosphere of it.

Yes please. :3
[Image: nFHwPlil.jpg]
I recommend refurnishing the tower which serves as a side-entrance to Karazhan. It used to be a great place for evilesco guilds and organizations, and I'd really like to see it back. Highly doubtful that I'm alone on this.

I concur with Scout and JTJP770 on the Catacombs notion. It's better off blank as it is. Sure, go ahead and add some tables, chairs, perhaps a torture chamber or two, but not more. We need it to look sinister, not kinky.

As for the work you've already done, I salute. Great work, no doubt you'll keep it up! <3
"Good roleplaying is not equivalent to saying that your character is not interested or molded for a certain situation.
Quite the contrary - good roleplaying is making up a reason for your character to do that thing, no matter the obstacles!"
Rigley has started on the catacombs in a few spots already, I'll also be adding in on its construction. It's not going to be a bar again however. It can be used as some sort of hide-out for whoever wants to use it, and there will be an 'theme' to it, but it won't have individually themed rooms like before. We're not going to leave it totally blank, but it's not going to be cluttered up either.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reigen's Rescues. Reigen 61 9,714 01-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Reigen Ruminates: Guild Bases Reigen 19 3,817 10-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Beltharean
  Reigen Requests: Event Times! Reigen 10 3,240 09-28-2013, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Reigen Ruminates: Burning Bridges Reigen 0 1,113 08-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Reigen Ruminates: Reporting Reigen 6 1,918 06-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Anski